• Tweets

• Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
    • That's a shame but not unexpected.  I'm not sure about your assumed  questions because I haven't been to court but I'm not sure about not accepting a criminal record. It could be a language thing but it isn't your choice unfortunately.  HB
    • Have you previously requested the agreement by a CCA request ?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cash4phones - creditors meeting - 13th Jan Please retweet - https://cag.tw/tf7

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the bank account details too. Should I email you again?

Yes please. Do you have a copy of a cheque which they issued? How did you get the details.

Please email them to me at our admin address. If you have a copy of a cheque then please scan it to me.

Thanks for the details. If you find that anyone has a copy of a cheque, I'd like to get hold of one.

So far as filling the forms are concerned - I'm afraid that I have no expereince but I would say that one should fill in all forms. You could call Cap Books - they are probably quite approachable.

Hi, new here... I sent 3 phones back in October (£315)

I'll be sending the forms back with letter of judgement which I used in December, copy of Royal Mail receipt & email received from C4P with payment pending.

Would "Apriumben" let me add your name to my form??

Thanks

I'm not sure how these meetings are conducted - but if you are a creditor, then I expect that you would be entitled to ask for full bank account details, bank statements, names of previous bank accounts and statements - as well as accounts.

I think that it would be reasonable to require all of this information to be given by sworn affidavit.

Might be an idea to give Cap Books notice that you require this.

Any material you get, please do let me have a copy and I will make sure that it is sent on to the appropriate recipient.

I have reported to my local police. I have received the forms, can someone post a copy of their completed proof of debt form to assist me in completing mine?

Please see post #45 of this thread where you will find proxy completion guidance.All the best,CM

I'm not sure that you will get sight of a completed form

Post the question you are unsure of

I'm not sure how these meetings are conducted - but if you are a creditor, then I expect that you would be entitled to ask for full bank account details, bank statements, names of previous bank accounts and statements - as well as accounts.

I think that it would be reasonable to require all of this information to be given by sworn affidavit.

Might be an idea to give Cap Books notice that you require this.

Any material you get, please do let me have a copy and I will make sure that it is sent on to the appropriate recipient.

What will happen is that the directors will have provided various information in respect of the company to the proposed liquidators which will be presented to the meeting.

Each attendee will receive a copy, and if you aren't able to attend the meeting the appointed liquidators will send you a copy as standard through the post.

This information is made up of a history of the company, extracts from the previous 3 years' accounts,

a deficiency account, a document called a statement of affairs which shows all the assets and all the liabilities of the company,

and details of all the creditors and the amounts that they are owed as per the directors' records.

The creditors present should be given time to review the documentation and will be able to raise questions.

If the creditors decide they wish to form a liquidaiton commitee they will be given this opportunity at the meeting (please see post #30 of this thread.)

The company's bank details, statements etc will not be available to creditors to view at any stage of the proceedings.

Once appointed, the liquidators will take possession of the books and records of the company to allow them to prepare their report

on the conduct of the company directors and file it with DBIS (again i would refer you to post #30 of this thread.)

Please be advised that the contents of this reports remains between the liquidators and DBIS!

I hope that this is of help.

All the best,CM

BTW, I would refer people to post #45 of this thread for proxy completion guidance.

• Haha 1

What will happen is that the directors will have provided various information in respect of the company to the proposed liquidators which will be presented to the meeting. Each attendee will receive a copy, and if you aren't able to attend the meeting the appointed liquidators will send you a copy as standard through the post.

This information is made up of a history of the company, extracts from the previous 3 years' accounts, a deficiency account, a document called a statement of affairs which shows all the assets and all the liabilities of the company, and details of all the creditors and the amounts that they are owed as per the directors' records. The creditors present should be given time to review the documentation and will be able to raise questions.

If the creditors decide they wish to form a liquidaiton commitee they will be given this opportunity at the meeting (please see post #30 of this thread.)

The company's bank details, statements etc will not be available to creditors to view at any stage of the proceedings.

Once appointed, the liquidators will take possession of the books and records of the company to allow them to prepare their report on the conduct of the company directors and file it with DBIS (again i would refer you to post #30 of this thread.) Please be advised that the contents of this reports remains between the liquidators and DBIS!I hope that this is of help.

All the best,CM

BTW, I would refer people to post #45 of this thread for proxy completion guidance.

Thanks for this. Very useful - and disappointing!

Hi all,

err so who do I want to proxy vote for me then? I certainly can't come from Cornwall on a ~£200 return train to come and hopefully get towards some of the £225 I expected for my phones. Is "Apriumben" the voice for all of us that can't be there? Is there a real name to put into the form?

Cheers, T

Hi all,

err so who do I want to proxy vote for me then? I certainly can't come from Cornwall on a ~£200 return train to come and hopefully get towards some of the £225 I expected for my phones. Is "Apriumben" the voice for all of us that can't be there? Is there a real name to put into the form?

Cheers, T

As advised above. Please email the admin address - put "creditor" in the subj. line.

Also email Cap Books for a form. Do it quickly

By the way - the Trainline shows the cheapest return at £105.

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/PNZ/182/13/01/14/6/15/Dep/13/01/14/18/30/Dep/1/0//0;0;0

- I still agree with you that it's not worth it, though

Thanks BankFodder

Went to London a couple of months ago and remembered the £200 - 2 adults went so lol, yep, £100ish each. I only remembered how much came out the bank for it. Not to mention this time I'd have to take my kids along and be fined by the school for them not being there etc, add in a night staying up there - not happening. Thanks for checking though.

Thanks for the mention to email admin, I missed it in the other panic I've been having today. Got the form last night, been filling in now.

Apriumben, I don't know anything about you so apologies if this post seems presumptuous.

Presumably you are a licensed insolvency practitioner and can provide a consent to act to show the meeting?

If you are not an IP, presumably you are a creditor. If you are an IP and a creditor you have a conflict of interest ;@)

Colin has already addressed the other points I was going to raise. The best option is to form a liquidation committee at the Section 98 meeting. You need a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 proving creditors - there will be a section of the meeting to allow the creation of such a committee.

The liquidators will have 6 months from the date of their appointment to prepare and submit a report

on the directors' conduct to the Department of Business for Innovation and Skills. DBIS will review this report and make the decision whether to take the investigation any further. Please note that this report is not made public.

I hope this post has been of some help.

All the best,

CM

All advice on this is helpful, I am not a practitioner of any of the black arts and do not pretend anything other than a desire to see this through and a reasonable grasp of English and basic consumer law. I have a lot to learn before the meeting on Monday!

All advice on this is helpful, I am not a practitioner of any of the black arts and do not pretend anything other than a desire to see this through and a reasonable grasp of English and basic consumer law. I have a lot to learn before the meeting on Monday!

Glad to have been of help! The purpose of the S98 meeting is mainly to agree the appointment of liquidators and to form a liquidation committee, which I think in this instance would be a good idea. Once liquidators have been appointed the company will be governed by The Insolvency Act, and no legal action can be brought against the company.

Bear in mind that as a creditor you can turn up at the meeting as long as you are clutching a completed proxy form and details of your claim. If you do this you cannot be turned away from the meeting.

Personally I think it's a bit sneaky to hold a Section 98 meeting on a Monday as it makes the proxy filing deadline midday on Friday, (being the last working day before the meeting) but doing so is not breaking any law, and being armed with the above info should help if you are in a position to attend the meeting but can't get your proxy to the proposed liquidators before midday tomorrow. Proxies can also be accepted by fax but oddly enough some insolvency practitioners won't accept scanned proxies sent by email, so that is also worth checking.

All the best,

CM

Also, you may want to inform the police that the man they may be looking for may be at 122 Hither Green Lane, Hither Green, London, SE13 6QA, on 13 January 2014, at 11.15

Will the bill really turn up sweet, Id like to see that. He might end up a door or two away from his compatriot Asil :D

Will the bill really turn up and nick him?! ****ing sweet, Id like to see that. He might end up a door or two away from his compatriot Asil :D

I don't know the name of the name of the guy you are looking for and I'm not sure if it's prudent to post it on this thread.

However, you can see from Companies House that Yemonia Limited has had more directorship changes in the last 18 months than most people have had hot dinners!!

You will also note from Companies House that it has had 2 company name changes.

But do not fear, the appointed liquidator not only investigates the current directors (who have only been in office since 31 October 2013)

but any person who has been a director in the three years prior to the liquidation,

so in a nutshell, any director who was in office from 13 January 2011 to 12 January 2014.

I bring this up as it is likely the director who turns up for the meeting Monday may not know anything about the company's trading practices

and even if he does, may plead ingnorance as he's only officially been in office as director since 31 October 2013.

Also, only one director is required to represent the company at the liquidation meeting so it may not even be the guy you are after :@(All the best,CM

I will be making a full report on here sometime Monday,

but as I had a full day without the hassle of getting over to Hither Green I'm not sure what time Monday that will be.

If anyone else who turns up care to post on here before me then have no worries over stealing my thunder!

I will also try and get there as early as possible to get a chance to speak to whoever else turns up.

Should be an interesting if frustrating day!

From HMRC: A liquidation committee is a small group of representative creditors appointed by all the creditors to assist the liquidator in conducting the liquidation.

At all Section 98 meetings the liquidator is obliged to ask whether the creditors wish to form a committee. The chairman will ask whether any creditors wish to put themselves forward as members of the committee and then all creditors present will vote on whether they are prepared to allow that creditor to sit on the committee. Voting is by a simple majority, based on the value of each attending creditor’s debt.

If not appointed at the Section 98 meeting, a committee can be formed at a later meeting.

The minimum number of creditors needed to form a committee is 3. The maximum number of creditors who can sit on a committee is 5. If there are less than 3 creditors attending the Section 98 meeting in person then a committee cannot be formed at that meeting.

So basically there must be at least 3 creditors present and willing to act on a committee before it can be formed. Although proxy votes will be counted as far as passing resolutions are concerned, they don't affect this requirement (or so I read it). So unless at least 2 other creditors turn up that are willing to act on a committee, we will be sunk in that regard.