Help with Lowell over British credit trust debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wonder if I could get some advice. In 2007 I bought a new honda civic type r for £26000. At the time I had a good job, the HP agreement was taken out over 5 years. 6 months later I was made redundant and struggled to keep up payments. After speaking to the loan company I handed the car back after 1 year, I was informed that the car would be sold on and that would be written off against the car and I would just be paying the difference. They never contacted me, I then went abroad for 6 months, while abroad I was offered a job in a different part of the uk, I returned home for 2 months before moving away. Today I received a letter from BW legal limited stating that the debt is with them and I have a CCJ for £21000 which was issued in 2008, I know BW legal like to slap people with staturory demands. I never received any correspondence from the loan company who are the British credit trust. I have checked my report and it is there.

Firstly the car would have booked at around 15k, if the ccj is correct then they would have sold the car for 5k. I am not sure what my next move should be, any help would be appreciated on this. I am happy to try and pay the debt off but I had asked the British credit trust for a copy of the agreement so that I could read the T&C's they could not supply this, I also would it be ok to ask for a breakdown in how the costs were made up and what the car achieved at auction?