ANPR Ltd - Parking Charge Notice received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I received the same notice on the 28th Dec 2013 at Lodge Drive at about 5.30pm. I have no intention of falling for their tricks and I am willing to fight this. I was only visiting a friend over Christmas for an hour in the pub and the car park was empty and the shops shut. I had no idea you get tickets for parking here. We always (as a family growing up) used to park here to go to the Italian nearby. I was gobsmacked to get a ticket.

All I have had is the initial black and yellow ticket and I am still within the 14 day period. Taking your advice I want to get onto this quickly. I have a 7 digit reference number at the bottom of the ticket. Is this the code I need to appeal? Shall I just ignore from this moment forward?

I was going to ask if you know if the sign has been moved since your appeals? It would be really useful to have any appeal documents, which would help my case. I would be happy to meet to pick up from someone if they are willing?

What should I do next?

Many thanks...

Hi All,

I received the same notice on the 28th Dec 2013 at Lodge Drive at about 5.30pm. I have no intention of falling for their tricks and I am willing to fight this. I was only visiting a friend over Christmas for an hour in the pub and the car park was empty and the shops shut. I had no idea you get tickets for parking here. We always (as a family growing up) used to park here to go to the Italian nearby. I was gobsmacked to get a ticket.

All I have had is the initial black and yellow ticket and I am still within the 14 day period. Taking your advice I want to get onto this quickly. I have a 7 digit reference number at the bottom of the ticket. Is this the code I need to appeal? Shall I just ignore from this moment forward?

I was going to ask if you know if the sign has been moved since your appeals? It would be really useful to have any appeal documents, which would help my case. I would be happy to meet to pick up from someone if they are willing?

What should I do next?

Many thanks...

1. You should start your own thread so all advice is yours.

2. If it was a windscreen ticket, then wait till you get something in the post from them.

3. You don't need to meet anybody.....

Hi and welcome to CAG

At the moment, the ticket is directed at the driver, not necessarily the owner. after a while an NTO will appear. Once you have that you can start the appeal process.

ANPR will (no doubt) reject your appeal and should then give you a POPLA code so that you can appeal to the 'independent' BPA (if only they were)

this costs ANPR who have no guarantee that they will win. Even if they do win the appeal, you still don't have to pay them.

Read around the forum and you will see much more info that we can put here and you will see just how toothless they really are. :-D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The parking co have to allow the driver a period of time to cough up and only then can they write to the registerd keeper of the vehicle and ask for either the driver details or give the keeper time to pay or appeal the charge. Let them spend their money chasing you and when you get your letter addressed to the keeper of the vehicle come back here and give us the date of the letter. Appeal the charge to the parking co and wait for them to reject that and issue you with a POPLA reference code. When you have that code you can appeal again. Each step costs the parking company money so many dont bother chasing those who dont pay up at the first demand.

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

I received an "outstanding parking notice" letter from them approx 7 days ago with a parking charge reference number, informing me that their search through DVLA has increased the costs/damages to £140. "By the code of practice laid down by the BPA, this fee can only be charged after 42 days has lapsed from the date of issue but your opportunity to pay the £100 is diminishing fast. Should you fail to act we will hand this debt to a 3rd party."

How shall I appeal this charge?

I would appreciate some advice for next steps.

Thanks...

Blueman, we need to know how you got the original ticket and when.

BTW, it cost £2.50 to get your details, not £40 so it looks as though they know they have been rumbled regarding the legitimacy of their claim and are hoping that you are daft enough to be frightened by this latest threatogram. Start a new thread and tell us your situation.

OK Belay that, I notice it was commuted to your own thread. They should have sent you a letter as the keeper of the vehicle after 28 days and before 56 days after the original event.As for adding this extra charge, they are talking cobblers and as said, I'm sure they know it as they have only just addressed their letter to you as the RK. They should have sent you a differently headed letter asking you to name the driver or accept responsibility for the charge, not this.

You can appeal to them by saying that their letter breaches the requirements of para 6 of the PoFA and they can either follow the procedure or find the driver at the time and you are unable to help them in this matter. They have 1 day from today to get it right.

Thanks ericsbro and others. No, this is the first letter I have had since the yellow notice on my window on the 28th Dec. This letter is dated the 10th Feb.

Ok I will immediately send them a letter of appeal along the lines suggested saying that their letter breaches the requirements of para 6 of the PoFA and they can either follow the procedure or find the driver at the time and I am unable to help them in this matter. Shall I omit my home address from any letter? Or is the fact that they have not correctly sort the registered keeper details make them in breach? (Does it matter whether it was me or not driving at the time?)

Basically this letter I received is a scare notice saying I can still pay £100 today to clear the notice.

Thanks for your help.

I have just been reading up at parking cowboys website and apparently I should have appealed or paid the charge within the first 28 days of receiving the ticket. Following which the PPC can obtain my details from the DVLA. Is this correct? I have not made any contact with the PPC at any time so far, nor have I ever received a notice to keeper.

Thanks.

As you had a Notice to Driver (windscreen ticket) then they have 56 days within which to serve a Notice to Keeper. They still have 4 days within which to serve one. You can appeal as the keeper (avoiding anything that will identify the driver) on receipt of the NtK.

I had the joy of a ticket from ANPR Ltd in September on the same car park and it is very easy to let it take over your life. Although you have probably read on many posts how ANPR are not very bright you are probably thinking they must know what they are doing because they are running a business believe me they don't. I cannot believe how their operation functions, the deceit and lies you are about to experience will horrify you and I believe they have not yet been successful once at POPLA where somebody has appealed properly using the advice on sites like this. I can't see them ever doing court as a judge would crucify them. To give you a brief resume of what your dealing with they function in an office over a shop, they will not accept emails or telephone calls. H&S Litigation who they threaten you with as Debt collectors have no licence, they issue blank court papers, one of the directors is also a director at ANPR Ltd so in effect they are the same company. They don't have a valid contract for this car park and this is currently being investigated by the BPA (they say) Their signage is not compliant they keep trying different tacks re justifying "genuine pre-estimate of loss" firstly they tried to say they paid the landowner if you parked, this was discredited you can see a blog on Parking Prankster re this, they have submitted their running costs this was kicked out, on mine they showed their profits on the car park and my invoice as a percentage of that. That was kicked out of POPLA. Incidentally would you believe they claim they make £2.5K per annum on lodge drive it only has around 20 spaces and they only ticket between 6.00-8.00 pm on Friday and Saturday nights when people are using the restaurants. (yes I am sad enough to have personally checked this) also bare in mind everyone who appeals properly wins so I would say this figure is based on the people who pay £50 without question. Follow the advice given on here to the letter make sure on appeal to POPLA you include GPEOL and get on with your life because they really are not worth the stress.

I must add that they have given me 7 days to comply or they are handing the debt over to a local debt recovery agency. Apparently I have failed to make the original payment in the last 42 days, and their intentions to recover the debt have been exhausted.