style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an agreement with Brighthouse and

I have fallen behind by one payment because I was away visiting family over the new year,

now I'm being constantly called 12 missed calls since Saturday from 8:30 in the moring to 7:40 in the evening.

Would this be breaking the Protection From Harassment act 1997 section 1 prohibition from harassment which is below.

Prohibition of harassment.

(1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a)which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

(2)For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to harassment of the other.

(3)Subsection (1) does not apply to a course of conduct if the person who pursued it shows—

(a)that it was pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime,

(b)that it was pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment, or

©that in the particular circumstances the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasonable.

I also have dlc and osc but I have tried to cancel the osc with it being "optional"

I thought I could but was told by staff that I can not cancel as it is now law that I have to have the cover in case anything happens to item

I thought the dlc covered this side of things.

Any advice is greatly appreciated thanks

It shows you what sort of company you are dealing with

They have little care for anyone than there selfs

If they call you do not answer there questions tell them in writing and hang up

They are a awful company

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

You need to write to them and revoke permission for them to telephone you or come to your house. Unless you tell them formally, then you cant really do much.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

also the insurances are NOT THE LAW.

yet another case of store staff lining their pockets holding onto their commission

for selling it

get a reclaim in for both.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good Afternoon Kris

Optional Service Cover (OSC) was available to customers who took out an agreement prior to 2nd September 2013.

Some of the benefits of OSC include:

· It is optional and can be cancelled with 7 days notice

· Covers cost of product repairs

· Response within 72 hours

· Repair or loan replacement given (where applicable)

· You can return your product for whatever reason, whenever you want, without penalty, with nothing more to pay. Goods must be undamaged and in good working order and repair.

· If you return your product you can benefit from a restart voucher. (You can even restart your agreement up to 12 months later, and the payments you have made will still count against a product of similar age and specification).

You can request to cancel OSC at anytime and this will be done once you have provided 7 days notice to the store and re-signed the Credit Agreement without OSC.

BrightHouse also require goods to be covered against damage caused by fire, theft or accident. If you took out your agreement prior to 2nd September 2013 and you do not have home contents insurance policy or alternative insurance to cover our goods, BrightHouse’s Damage Liability Cover (DLC) was available.

With regards to the calls that you are receiving, it sounds like these are being made from our automated dialler. This notifies a customer that has missed their payment and allows them to be transferred directly to a store representative who will be able the discuss options available to help effectively manage their account.

In order to help resolve any concerns that you have with regards to your account, please email us at [email protected] with your reference number F0688117.

Alternatively, you may also speak directly to a Customer Relations Representative on 0800 526 069 who will be happy to help you.

Please update this thread with any feedback once we have spoken to you.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks

Jason

Web Relations Team

Excuses excuses. Jason, what you are saying in that post is that your operating procedures are useless. You say that its an automated dialler and seem to think it is perfectly allowed for the system to spam the account holder with calls. You are wholly wrong. 1 call a day, and some judges even say 1 call a week is enough.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

these insurances do not replace nor negate the Sale Of Goods Act.

these is NO NEED for any extra insurance on HP Goods

and there are NO RULES ANYWHERE

that state HP goods MUST be insured against theft etc etc

simply a money making exercise.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I understood creditors were not permitted to use automated diallers any more ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2012/10/tackling-nuisance-calls-and-messages/

Kris, register with TPS in order to prevent these calls being made to you. You might also want to make a complaint to OFCOM.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for the advice everyone

I will be registering with TPS now and will look in to the use of automated diallers is permitted in the credit industry anymore to.

Also Jason that still doesn't excuse the fact that I was informed by Brighthouse staff that OSC was mandatory under law

which was a complete lie just to make money.

How many other people are you currently making massive amounts of money off

and I'm guessing it's a lot seeing as the OSC on my TV is around the £7.40 mark that's PER WEEK over the last two years.

Could anyone give me any advice of how I would go about claiming this back.

I will be booking an appointment with Citizens Advice as well regarding this matter.

You would need to SAR Brighthouse for everything they hold on you.

Then go through the statements, put the insurance payments into the spreadsheet and use the interest rate they charged you.

You're looking at around 750 before any interest is taken into account,

so it may well wipe out your debt or a sizeable portion.

Remember, BH's items are 3-4x the RRP.

They prey on vulnerable people.

The best way to deal with them is to not get involved with this outfit

( you can barely call them a business) in the first place.

You would need to SAR Brighthouse for everything they hold on you. Then go through the statements, put the insurance payments into the spreadsheet and use the interest rate they charged you.

Youre looking at around 750 before any interest is taken into account, so it may well wipe out your debt or a sizeable portion. Remember, BH's items are 3-4x the RRP. They prey on vulnerable people. The best way to deal with them is to not get involved with this outfit ( you can barely call them a business) in the first place.

Thanks I will get the SAR sorted out straight away £750 would do more than clear the remainder of the debt their interest rate is 29.9% so it will be around £980. Thanks again

don't forget the DLC

there is no legal requirement to have ANY insurance against theft/loss under HP rules

the sole reason for BH/BAYV/PH include these is to MAKE MONEY.

that's what the whole business model was built on

and now the authorities are clamping down on unnecessary insurances

they are hiding them deep in the agreement.

dx

and they

Yep DX. Theyre even hiding it so much that they have increased all costs by a pretty large amount.

But since they are now telling you up front about the costs in store, they technically arent doing anything wrong as you can simply walk out. Its when you buy something then they say "oh, you MUST purchase this insurance. It's not optional" where the problem is and why they have changed tactics since they have been in teh media a lot, and is the main reason why jason and the other reps have started coming to various consume forums.