EBAY Sale. Item now discounted in retailer sale

kjun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very quick question.

Other half sold a Virgin Experience voucher on EBAY between Xmas and New Year which has now been discounted as part of the Virgin Experience January sale to £10 from £40 which it was priced at before.

Buyer paid £18 for it and now has checked the website finding it is of course now cheaper.

Received an email from them asking how the situation can be resolved.

I have pointed out that most of my Xmas present were half price on Boxing Day but I doubt I would get a refund of the difference from the high street stores and I am guessing the same applies here.

I therefore do not see any problem that needs resolving however if this is wrong i would be happy for someone to correct me.

Thanks

Hi

As I see it, Offer, Acceptance, Delivery, Contract concluded. I don't think the buyer has any comeback. Sour grapes!!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for that I figured as much but seems he was unhappy with that answer and now threatening to start an ebay dispute.

Not really sure as to what he means as I never use it (and this is why)....

If you have any money in your Ebay account, move it (just in case) Ebay tend to prefer the buyer over the seller in disputes. I don't think he has a case but Ebay may see it differently.

It's a case of wait and see.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Was this a "buy it now" or an auction item ? If an auction item, what starting price did you put ?

If an auction item, then I really dont think the buyer has any comeback at all.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

It was put in as buy it now priced at £15.00 and eventually sold at £17.00 plus p&p.

He then stated he contacted (not sure how) Virgin who stated it was worth £10.00.

Looked on their website and this is correct however it clearly has the previous price of £39.99 crossed through with 74% off banner and is now £10.00 however when listed the value stated was correct.

I find it quite strange that he investigated the price at Virgin, after he had purchased it. Perhaps he should have done that prior to buying. It was his choice, to buy at that price. Sadly, Ebay sees quite a lot of this type of customer :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yeah I can't quite figure out what but something does not seem right...

He has stated the description has breached contract but I am sure that is rubbish as the item was on sale at one time for the proce advertised.

As I said this is why I don't use EBAY....

Have emailed him back saying if he wants to start a dispute then do so.

Do you know whats the worst that can happen? My other half has already moved the payment from EBAY account.

The worse that could happen is that ebay will find in his favour and ask you to refund him. If this happens, then I would insist that no refund is made until the item is returned.

BCOBS

A voucher is not covered by DSR's and similar legislation. If you sold it in the correct place on ebay then it is an intangible and so no paypal recharge the buyer is just sore that a new offer has been made elsewhere. If the price of the experience went up to £80 do you think they would forward another £20 to you?