PRS landlord to evict tenants on housing benefit.

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh yes fergus, the scourge of racehorse trainers everywhere,the man who insists his below par horses run in the cheltenhem gold cup,and champion hurdle, whilst endangering other horses and jockeys just for the sake of his day in the limelight, lovely character

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people do not realize that landlords do have costs to pay out and if there is no rent who pays. Insurance, gas safety and electrical checks all have to be paid for out of the rent that is obtain.

Dont forget this is all tax deductible before going down this line.

So whats cooking today ?

oh yes fergus, the scourge of racehorse trainers everywhere,the man who insists his below par horses run in the cheltenhem gold cup,and champion hurdle, whilst endangering other horses and jockeys just for the sake of his day in the limelight, lovely character

Have I missed something??? I thought we were talking about housing policy and the welfare state - how did we get onto dodgy racehorse trainers?

You have your opinion, I have mine. Everybody is entitled to put a horse into any race as long as it can run and the trainer/owner pays the fees.

Yes it does but if landlords do not make a return then they will sell the property so that reduces the volume of rentals available.

Probably, if they do sell, it will go to another buy-to-let LL. Of course, if a large number of potential tenants can't actually afford the rent then we do have a problem.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Probably, if they do sell, it will go to another buy-to-let LL. Of course,

That is going to be a real problem with rents rising so much and the HB declining. A landlord is free to rent to anyone he likes. A lot are now refusing to accept anyone on HB and many agents do not deal with HB either so that is making it difficult for tenants all round.

Probably, if they do sell, it will go to another buy-to-let LL. Of course,

That is going to be a real problem with rents rising so much and the HB declining. A landlord is free to rent to anyone he likes. A lot are now refusing to accept anyone on HB and many agents do not deal with HB either so that is making it difficult for tenants all round.

Along with the much needed decrease in total benefits that any one person or family can claim down from £500 a week to £400 a week.

Probably, if they do sell, it will go to another buy-to-let LL. Of course, if a large number of potential tenants can't actually afford the rent then we do have a problem.

Maybe then the time has come to reinvent the tenement system of multiple families living in rooms under one roof. Personally I think it grossly unfair that someone can have a lovely home paid for by the taxpayers without the claimant having to worry about paying the bills. Totally unlike those that work for a NMW income that are basically left to fend for themselves.

Bloody hell, with this thread & the benefits street thread, I'm beginning to think this country has lost every bit of the social fabric that binds us.

Some facts:

- The Joseph Rowntree Foundation has not managed to find any families in which 3 successive generations were out of work

- The benefit cap is a maximum of £500pw per household (not per person) from which all expenses must be paid - rent, council tax, utility bills, court orders, food, clothing, repairs, travel to job centres etc. The £500pw is not going to most households.

- Most JSA claimants are short-term.

- It is not possible to buy the old CRT-style telly's nowadays

- Most benefit claimants rely on reputable companies like Brighthouse, Provident, Greenwoods to help purchase household goods - yes, the 'reputable' is sarcasm

Being on benefits is no fun but if you guys think it is, why aren't you all doing it ? Why not give up that 'hard life' you have going to work 5 days a week & claim benefits so that you too can lay in bed til lunchtime before getting up to smoke, drink & do drugs for the rest of the day ? Go on, try it !!

• Haha 2

Maybe then the time has come to reinvent the tenement system of multiple families living in rooms under one roof. Personally I think it grossly unfair that someone can have a lovely home paid for by the taxpayers without the claimant having to worry about paying the bills. Totally unlike those that work for a NMW income that are basically left to fend for themselves.

Victorian factory conditions and now Victorian slums? If you propose the reinstatement of work houses you could hit the trifecta!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Bloody hell, with this thread & the benefits street thread, I'm beginning to think this country has lost every bit of the social fabric that binds us.

Some facts:

- The Joseph Rowntree Foundation has not managed to find any families in which 3 successive generations were out of work

- The benefit cap is a maximum of £500pw per household (not per person) from which all expenses must be paid - rent, council tax, utility bills, court orders, food, clothing, repairs, travel to job centres etc. The £500pw is not going to most households.

- Most benefit claimants rely on reputable companies like Brighthouse, Provident, Greenwoods to help purchase household goods - yes, the 'reputable' is sarcasm

Being on benefits is no fun but if you guys think it is, why aren't you all doing it ? Why not give up that 'hard life' you have going to work 5 days a week & claim benefits so that you too can lay in bed til lunchtime before getting up to smoke, drink & do drugs for the rest of the day ? Go on, try it !!

How true this is. Many on benefits do pay their bills on time and do not have anywhere near the goods that people seem to think that they have.

How true this is. Many on benefits do pay their bills on time and do not have anywhere near the goods that people seem to think that they have.

Yes, as a benefit claimant who won't use the aforementioned 'reputable' companies, we have a 5 year old 32 inch LCD, and a basic dvd player, both purchased while working, a 12 year old playstation 2. All of our kitchen equipment is bottom of the range (feeling anxious as currently listening to a sick sounding bottom of the range washing machine). We have one PC, a laptop, and a basic mobile phone (between two of us), that only makes calls and texts. We had help from a budgeting loan and in laws when moving with buying carpets and white goods that we didn't have due to living in private rented. I'm cutting and hemming second hand curtains rather than buy new, and other stuff we needed came from the second hand shop.

We don't smoke and rarely drink. Our only luxuries are broadband, sky tv and two cats. We chose not to have kids due to our circumstances.

Now some may think what we have is too much for those dependant on state help - maybe we're supposed to be in bare homes playing cards, purely existing and having no quality of life for the rest of their life.

I think we're pretty typical of the majority of benefit claimants as far having material goods or extravagances.

We also paid rent to a private landlord, and never had any arrears despite having a £200 a month deficit between rent and housing benefit (more than anyone has with bedroom tax), also no utility arrears.

But as my husband is fond of pointing out, we're benefit claiming s**m. Evidently people like us can't be trusted to manage our finances and pay our rent.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Victorian factory conditions and now Victorian slums? If you propose the reinstatement of work houses you could hit the trifecta!

I never said anything about Victorian factory conditions and Victorian slums. The tenement system could easily be modernised and it would provide for multiple occupation all based under one roof.

There really is no alternative. Private landlords can choose who they let to, councils have no reason to start to build council houses on a massive scale. So apart from a tented city, a modern day tenement would be the ideal answer to those receiving benefits and who are unable to find private accommodation.

That is unless you have a brighter idea that could be fixed fast and at a low cost?

Then you have not visited the places, seen the people and been in the homes that I have been in!

"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes"

Quick - what am I talking about? No Googling!

Then you have not visited the places, seen the people and been in the homes that I have been in!

Your posts towards people on benefits are rather 'one cape fits all'.

This agenda of turn the working class against those less fortunate is really starting to grate me ! I don't chose to be on benefits. I was quite happy working ! Sadly my lungs have had another idea and decided I need a nebuliser 6

Times a day to breathe ! That's if I haven't got pnuhminia again .

Your posts towards people on benefits are rather 'one cape fits all'.

This agenda of turn the working class against those less fortunate is really starting to grate me !.

That agenda has already been up and running for a few years without any help from me.

I'm sorry but the fact is that the working people that pay tax see benefit claimants as sponging on their generosity. If you have a problem with that take it up with your MP, not me.

Me. I'm more than happy to take their money. Whilst I worked for those 42 years I paid for the benefit claimants and pensioners then, now it is my time to collect! Personally I don't care if people think I am a sponger, parasite or scrounger - simply because I admit I am.

That agenda has already been up and running for a few years without any help from me.

I'm sorry but the fact is that the working people that pay tax see benefit claimants as sponging on their generosity. If you have a problem with that take it up with your MP, not me.

Me. I'm more than happy to take their money. Whilst I worked for those 42 years I paid for the benefit claimants and pensioners then, now it is my time to collect! Personally I don't care if people think I am a sponger, parasite or scrounger - simply because I admit I am.

No you are not a parasite or sponger or what ever other negative name you can think up, like me you paid into the system and expect to be supported when the need arises! I have paid my NI and taxes so why shouldnt I be given the help I need without being labeled and made to feel useless?

No you are not a parasite or sponger or what ever other negative name you can think up, like me you paid into the system and expect to be supported when the need arises! I have paid my NI and taxes so why shouldnt I be given the help I need without being labeled and made to feel useless?

Agreed. No one should label themselves or allow themselves to be labeled. I like you have paid in and now need the support. Sadly we can not help our situation.

Some facts:

Do you want to post links to the facts?