How many times a day is a DCA allowed to call?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

once a day. Some judges even say more than once a week is bordering on harassment.

If you send them the telephone harassment letter, then they are not allowed to call AT ALL.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Log all the calls, go through the malicious calls procedure with you phone provider and complain to Ofcom about the misuse of the communications network.

Once you have informed them you will only correspond in writing only, any further calls IMO would be harassment, which is a criminal offence.

Send them http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone send it 2nd class but obtain proof of posting, which is free from the PO counter.

Now what's the debt?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What is the point of calling more than once a day, or even once a week.

"telephoning until they obtain a resolution is an admission of harrassment IMH" !!

In the case of Roberts v Bank of Scotland plc and another [2013] All ER (D) 88 (Jun) in the Court of Appeal.

The court concluded that:

(1) The existence of a debt did not give a lender the right to bombard the debtor with calls. It was for the debtor to decide whether they wanted to discuss the matter with the creditor.

(2) In respect of the harassment appeal, the claimant had made it perfectly clear that she had not wanted to speak to the bank, and she had been perfectly entitled to do so. Once the bank had phoned a few times, it had been clear that no progress was to be made. Further calls had been futile and should have been stopped. The judge had been right to characterise the calls as intimidation and they had been wholly unjustified.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Send that letter asap. Give them a few days to act on it. if they call after theyve got it, then you can start harassment complaints.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I actually got a "FFS do you seriously think that we are going to write every time we want to speak to you?" from a DCA when I insisted over the phone that everything be put in writing.

They never write, and whether they still phone or not I have no idea as all unknown numbers get screened out and don't even ring on my phone any more. The point is that I told them not to phone so it is up to them whether they want to waste time or not.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Its not my debt .......... I don't know who it is but I will do the letter and post tomorrow

Thanks everyone.

I keep getting calls on my mobile from a mobile, and they're different numbers but in very close proximity to each other some even the next numbers. I think it Lowell too because last year had a SB debt and got rid of them.

The mobile numbers are a favourite trick too...and unknown landline numbers but with your local STD code to try and fool you.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

New-me, put any number you don't recognise onto this website, it will either flag it up as who it really is, or you can just enter it on there as a pest caller.

http://whocallsme.com/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!