HELP- UKPC ltd Parking Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please excuse my ignorance but I need help with a Parking charge ticket that was placed on my partners car today.

I need to point out that this took place in Scotland as I believe that the rules are different up here.

My partner parked in a retail park today but as she was hurrying did not notice any parking ticket machines a

nd subsequently did not place a ticket on the car. (IT IS FREE PARKING FOR TWO HOURS)

A parking charge was stuck on the windscreen on her return issued by UKPC Ltd.

The reason stated on the charge was "Parked without clearly displaying valid pay and display ticket".

The ticket also states time first seen as 14.51 and issue time of 15.10.

The care was parked there for less than the two hours free parking allowed,

albeit without a ticket but to ask for £100 as payment is outrageous.

Can I safely ignore this ticket and UKPC ltd's inflated charge?

Tank you in anticipation of help.

The PoFA does not apply to Scotland so the parking co cannot chase the owner of the vehicle to pay the contractual obligations of the driver.

The laws of trespass in Scotland are differnt to english law as well so any claim by a parking co for damages for trespass are bound to fail.

They will try and claim that you are in breach of contract but that is brushed off if they cant prove who they made a contract with.

Best advice is to ignore them completely as there is nothing they can do short of wringing a signed confession out of her

or hoping that their threats of plagues of locust and deaths of first borns are taken seriously.

• Confused 1

Dear Ericsbrother,

Thank you so much for your kind reply and advice.

I will ignore all correspondence from UKPC ltd and advise partner to do the same.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply as it has eased the tension in the house.

Cheers

Healthykid