Link/IDR finance own barclaycard debt but should I be paying it??

Myfamily

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

A brief background.

Had a skycard, it became a barclaycard, I got behind in payments and in around 2007, it was passed to Link/IDR and I wrote asking to make reduced payments. we agreed payments of £42 per month. I belive the balance in 2007 was about £5,000.

A couple of years later we aksed to reduce payments each month to £20 which was agreed.

Have been paying every month, but missed the last three payments, I have now received adefault notice from them saying that i am in arrears now of £60.00 and that needs to be paid by 19/01/2014 - I won't be able to do this.

If I don'tthey says that they intedn to terminante the account and demand full repayment and to commence legal proceedings if I do not pay.

It has occured to me that I do not have a CCA for this account. They have not sent me statements, (they only ever contact me if a payment is late etc).

So I am wondering if this account is even enforceable, and should I be paying it or have I been done??

Hi MF,

I'd start off with a CCA request.

Depending on the results from that, you may then need to send Link a SAR to get info on the a/c history from when they took it on.

This will show what payments you've made and how this has reduced the debt up to the present date.

As they agreed to accept reduced payments, you should also make sure they have not been adding interest or charges, as you were clearly in Financial Difficulty.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)