• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Oh Dear, whatever shall I do, Lloyds have sold my account to 1st Credit

DumbRottie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My problem is -

Lloyds have just sold an alleged debt on my closed current account to 1st Credit.

They are already sending me discount offers and regular text messages to a number that Lloyds have removed from their system. And

they claim to be "Data Controller for the Personal Data held in relation to your account"

I have a letter from Lloyds apologising for passing a disputed current account to a Debt Collector.

It confirms that the account is closed with a nil balance and there is nothing to pay.

Oh yes, and they sent a cheque "for the distress and inconvenience caused".

(A copy has pride of place on my office wall)!

Since the letter in early 2011 the string of DCA's has reappeared.

Further letters to the new CEO are passed down to someone who will not understand the above.

Defaults are registered to my Credit Report for both this account and the disputed Credit Card which is also going the rounds with the DCA's

Most correspondence to Lloyds is either ignored or met with denial and an invitation to complain to the FOS.

So I have:

Illegitimate Defaults

Harassment from DCA's

Breaches of Data Protection Act

Breaches of Consumer Protection Guidelines

Breaches of BCOBS

Breaches of COBS

I have a dream - to see the Board of Lloyds Banking Group appearing at my local County Court to explain why they,

and their appointed agents, routinely fail to treat their customers fairly.

Unlikely?

Well maybe not. HRH The Princess Royal was instructed to appear.

Is the board of the most inept Bank I have experienced more precious than the Royal Family?

Please, with so much to pick from - which forum would be best?

Regards

DumbRottie

"A Lie is a Lie

Repeatedly denying it is a Lie doesn't stop it being a Lie

It simply makes the Liar more of a Liar until they admit it was a Lie

But the Lie and the Liar always remain a Lie and a Liar"

Welcome to CAG

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

so

what are you actually trying to do?

if they are offering massive discounts

then its obv the debt is a 'lemon'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for moving it - I would not of thought of posting here as I am really looking for advice on bringing Lloyds to book. Probably via Bcobs to start with.

I obviously need to contact 1st Credit and tell them that Lloyds have sold them a turkey.

I'm thinking of writing as follows:

The Directors

1st Credit Limited

The Omnibus Building

Lesbourne Road

Reigate

Surrey

RH2 7JP

Dear Sirs

Regarding your letter Ref 8888888 dated 9999999 in which you state that I owe £xxxx in respect of Lloyds Current Account ref 112233445566.

I do not owe any such sum to Lloyds Banking Group or any subsidiary of that organisation and certainly not to yourselves. I will not pay you anything at all, either now or in the future.

You claim to be Data Controller for my personal details relating to this account. I will be asking the Information Commissioners Office for advice on the legality of this arrangement as the account was closed with a nil balance in early 2011. The sale of this alleged debt would appear to be fraudulent. Similar to selling Tower Bridge to gullible tourists.

As you claim to have access to my data you may, on this occasion only, refer to a letter dated xx/xx/2011 ref xxxxx from xxxxx of Lloyds Customer relations, Leeds. If you do not have access to this letter then Lloyds need to supply it to you. I suggest you use the telephone as their response to letters is inept and they will probably deny all knowledge of the letter. If they do phone Humpty Dumpty on 0000990088 who is the author of the letter on behalf of Eric Daniels.

You will note that the letter also refers to communications in writing only and removal of telephone numbers from their system. The fact that you are sending texts to an unlisted number proves a breach of Data Protection Act.

Now that you are aware of the situation you are prohibited from attempting any further collection activity whatsoever.

For the avoidance of doubt this means letters threatening a course of action that you have no possibility of completing, sending collectors to my home, registering defaults or any other action that will cause me financial or emotional damage.

I now require you within 14 days of the date of this letter to respond, in writing, with your proposal to correct this situation including the removal of all my personal data from your systems.

If after this time no satisfactory response is received, or further collection activity resumes, then it will be assumed that you intend to act illegally by harassing me - a criminal offence. Court action would follow automatically without further reference to yourselves.

Yours faithfully

Me

Any thoughts, amendments or suggestions most welcome.

Thanks for reading.

"A Lie is a Lie

Repeatedly denying it is a Lie doesn't stop it being a Lie

It simply makes the Liar more of a Liar until they admit it was a Lie

But the Lie and the Liar always remain a Lie and a Liar"

ok lets resit things so we and the reader know the history

when were these accounts opened

and when was your last payment?

what is the defaulted dates on your cra file?

pers if it were me

i'd be totally ignoring them

unless the defaults are doing you harm if they show

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx100

Thanks for responding

In a nutshell,

deliver a massive kick between the knees to Lloyds,

who have been treating me very badly for years and get rid of them altogether.

This account is closed but still being defaulted and chased by a string of DCA's.

There is also a credit card in unresolved dispute being treated in the same cavalier fashion.

Definitely being dealt with by the run-around dept. of Lloyds.

I'm considering using BCOBS and COBS and would like guidance

- they won't answer questions

- fobbed off with FOS

- disputed accounts passed around

- breaches of DPA

What are the most effective routes ICO?

OFT?

County Court?

tried FOS but very slow and no guts,

Any other suggestions?

I 've also posted letter to latest DCA just after your response.

Many thanks

DumbRottie

I've been ignoring them for literally years but

now I am fed up with wondering what the next exploit is going to be.

My health is not as good as it was and I need to be shot of them.

I have been a Lloyds customer for many years as far as I can recall the late 80's.

Account changed from Classic to Platinum 2001

The last payment was prior to Aug 2009 by one or two months at the most

I can't see at the moment when they were defaulted,

as defaults are shown for each month that is shown in Noddle.

Doubt its statute barred yet.

Sorry to be vague but I need to consult the last sar that I got from them (that was a month late also!)

Does this help?

DumbRottie

Mods,Please

Can this thread pleased be moved to one involved in taking BCOBS/COBS action against

Lloyds in all it's forms and reincarnations?

This forum is fine for anyone worried about DCA's but I would really like some advice/tutorials on getting LBG out of my life altogether.

Many thanks

DumbRottie

its a Lloyds issue

you are in the Lloyds forum

there is no 'special' forum for bcobs

other than clicking the link and reading

and typing in BCOBS in the search of the grey toolbar uptop.

dx

and they

Thanks Dx for moving the thread.

I would appreciate guidance on what approach has been successful

- any pitfalls to avoid and which regulatory bodies are the most effective in bringing Lloyds to book,

Like many people on these forums I have been very badly treated by Lloyds who seem to believe that they are above any sort of responsibility

for their actions In spite of the massive penalties they have to pay.

How do I complain and to who.

FOS I prefer to avoid because the are grindingly slow and seem to be ineffectual in dealing firmly with the banks.

My intention is to get Lloyds into court for Breaches of Statutary Duty under BCOBS and Breach of Contract under COBS

as a first step to recovering unpaid compensation and recompense for a great deal of stress and anxiety.

The background:-

I became a customer of Lloyds in 1989 and a Platinum Credit Card holder in 2001.

In 2009 I was getting hit with £15 a day penalty charges on my current account that I was notified about just as they hit the max. And that put me over the next month

I closed the account which they refused to accept because I disputed the charges and wouldn't pay up. And so they kept on adding fees and charges.

A SAR revealed that my miss-sold PPI repayment would cover all of my Lloyds debts based on refund of premiums plus interest.

I notified Lloyds and told them that as their obligation was larger than mine I would not be paying money into either account

until it was clear what I actually owed and put both accounts into dispute

- standard thou shalt not default, appoint DCA's, damage my credit file, etc.

I stated that I was offsetting my debts against the PPI refund - just like they would.

It also mean't that I wouldn't be putting money in their hands that I would later have to get back from them.

Of course Lloyds did everything except answer the disputes.

After writing to each Board member in early 2011 I got a response on behalf of the CEO, Daniels,

in which my current account was closed with a nil balance, my phone number removed and a cheque for "inconvenience"

Within days I am getting letters of affection from Credit Security, AIC, Wescot and BLS. And calls from Mumbai even when they don't have my number

(or permission to access my data outside the EU).

As I returned home after major surgery in September 2012,

I received letters from Lloyds Credit Operations and iQor chasing the "outstanding current account debt".

Still await answers as to why they are breaking Data Protection Rules by chasing a closed, satisfied debt.

Mackenzie Hall a few times and Apex have had a go too.

Letters to Chief Executive, Lloyds were answered by a Mr Jones (can't rember him being CEO)

who insisted their were no disputes and go to FOS if I didn't like it.

My credit card in dispute since 6 September 2010 was defaulted in Dec 2010 and has been shown as defaulted ever since.

My current account was in dispute since June 2009 was defaulted in March 2010

and has been shown as defaulted ever since and has now been sold (nice 70th Birthday Present)

despite having been closed with a nil balance in March 2011 (with compensation).

They still owe me more than I owe them!

My latest SAR in 2012 reveals consistent complaints to Lloyds in house and external DCa's and consistent lack of response from Lloyds.

Many times my allegations of wrongful treatment are recorded but no response given to me except another threat.

Its all there in their records!

It also revealed that my PPI compensation was dramatically short of what it should have been.

Fortunately I went to great lengths to avoid the full and final clause that they tried to trick us with.

I have umpteen threats of court, collectors visits, time limited discounts and offers of expert help printed on all sorts of coloured paper

with the most inventive graphics and typeography. If only these people put as much effort into a proper job.

Thanks for reading

All help, guidance, and experiences will be gratefully received.

DumbRottie

LLoyds are awful

They have been ignoring letters of mine for several years about my son's account that they have now sold.

They have also ignored the DPA in my case too - my son was under 18 when he opened the account and I presume that is the only signature that they have for sharing info

There is also a dispute about the correct account balance and failure to follow FSA regulations. I am planning to use the terms in the CPUT regs to apply the same charges to them that they applied on the account

Aren't they just!

I have so many breaches of DPA, OFT guidelines, evasions, Consumer Protection to name but a few that it is difficult to know where to start.

I was hoping for some guidance here, but there seem to be a lot of threads that never come to a conclusion. Mine looks like it may be another - just rusting away - no wonder they get away with it, when we can't stick together any more.

So what's your plan?

Mine is to lay it out to the CEO of LBG and give him 14 days to respond before it goes to Court for Breach of Statuary Duty.

As I have now a carefully documented diary of events, there can't be any harm in showing that to the Information Commissioner,

OFT, FCA local MP and any other set of initials I can think of.

If that doesn't work then I'll have to try something that worked before.

I bought my Wife a new HP laptop that included a free upgrade.

Did all that was required with Proof of Purchase.

Nothing happened.

Was told I hadn't sent it.

Sent again twice.

Started keeping a diary on a web page online and every phone call and email was recorded

with comments as to the perceived veracity of the conversation.

Microsoft were consulted as was HP together with the "fulfilment company" and all evasions,

denials etc fully recorded as was a call to the Marketing Director in Canada.

Still with no success I started guessing email addresses of Senior Management of the various companies with a link to the web diary.

Within a short space of time I had a call from Mario, a real person and not the carton character

that I suspected him to be saying that my emails had stirred up a lot of trouble

and the software would be with me within 24 hours and gave me a tracking number.

It arrived on time - from Turkey by very expensive express courier!

Shame it was a Vista upgrade. My Wife hated it.

What do you think - worth a go! Maybe Lloyds could feel shame? Not that they would admit it of course.

Any way I hope it made you smile!

Just remember you are right - pay nothing and look on a court summons as an opportunity. Be happy.

See why my handle is

DumbRottie

I have been in touch with the debt purchaser but so far they have just sent their complaints procedure that says they have eight weeks to answer my complaint.

Unfortunately for them the 14 days I gave them expires very shortly and the letters to regulators are dated and ready to post at 14 + 2 days.

Lloyds already have LBA. No undertaking received to cease activity while investigating complaint etc.

Bump

Just received reply to my LBA sent CEO, Lloyds Banking Group. Included in the letter was details of ignored letters and compensation paid by Lloyds for the same errors that they are making again. The level of incompetence being shown is unbelievable.

Lloyds are playing silly beggars and are denying disputes although they show up in records obtained by way of SAR. So now its off to court for breach of COBS and BCOBS. Is there any help available - please? I would not want to mess this up and make case history in Lloyds favour!

Dumb Rottie

• 1 month later...

Ah well, I came here looking for advice but found nothing. Like a lot of threads it has just rusted away for lack of response. Now found a more useful source of information. Shame - it used to be better than this.

You need to remember, this site is ran by volunteers and a lot of the times threads get lost or drowned out by others. Thats why you need to bump the thread, or if you need urgent help, click the triangle at the bottom of your thread and ask for help. The onus is on you to make sure your thread gets noticed. Not simply hope a wandering reader passes by.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

While I appreciate the work done by volunteers, my experience has been that I have wasted time here.

Yours is the first response since I bumped the thread on 24 Jan.

Aren't there a lot of threads that end with unanswered questions?

At least you have some feedback that, hopefully you will view constructively.

Goodbye

DumbRottie

I posted why your thread didnt get answered. But anyway. Good luck getting your issue sorted. We'll still be here IF you change your mind in the future.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D