Notice of Attachment of Earnings Order - i'm unemployed!***Dismissed** *

BigTed73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have approx £20k of debt since being made redundant 2 yrs ago.

I have been trying to save to afford to go bankrupt but cannot since the cuts.

My partner works part time 24hrs a week while I look after our kids, home and school runs etc.

I look for work that can fit that schedule and have considered self employment but finding any sort of funding nigh impossible.

I have 3 ccjs, and am finding it very confusing as to exactly how much and who I owe due to my debts being transfetred multiple times.

Quite some time ago all my creditors were told I was unemployed and I pleaded with a number of them to make me bankrupt, but they refuse.

I have just received a Notice of Attachment of Earnings,

saying I MUST fill in the enclosed form N56, letter dated 31st december 2013, but only received saturday 4th jan.

I was told they CANNOT make these applications if I am unemployed or self employed.

They know I am unemployed, what should I do please?

Ty

They can't ask for an AOE if you are:

Unemployed or self employed

A firm or limited company

In the Army, Navy or Air Force

A merchant seaman

So fill it in and get it sent back. It is an offence not to send it back.

Hi, ty

But what do I fill in?

I have 3 children and live with my partner. Not married and I personally receive no income at all.

Even in the dependants box, it says in bracketts, 'people you look after financially'

Or should I just fill in 'unemployed'.

I looked through my paperwork and dont remember receiving any ccj paperwork from this company, it seems clear I didnt respond either way. The claimant is AKTIV KAPITAL PORTFOLIO AS ZUG. It says balance due is approx £7000, but I dont recall owing this to any one creditor.

Ty

Sorry but Im still confused about what I need to fill in on form N56.

Many thanks in advance

did you know anything about this and the other CCJ's?

if you didn't

you need to get it/them set aside.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I had 2 I know about from a year ago and have just found the ccj for this AKTIV one.

I had intended to go bankrupt but am having trouble saving for fees.

I have quite a few creditors and have become very confused with whats with who, lots of creditor changes.

Some of which never replied to letters, just made threats.

They all know im unemployed and thats why I am confused as to why they are applying for aoe.

Some amounts I apparently owe I dont agree with,

but I owe so much in total that BK seems to be the best option for me.

I have asked creditors to make me BK but they ignore me and continue to threaten court and bailiffs.

All my debt is my own and unsecured,

I have no assets or income atm.

My debt is making getting back into work very difficult.

I feel AKTIV are bullying me into a corner and the stress is becoming unbearable.

Itll probably take me a whole day to get my head round the figures if I have to complete the whole form despite ultimately not being applicable to my circumstances.

You need to suspend the AoE N55/56 for the reasons stated Big Ted...follow the guidance within the form.

Act fast as you must respond within 8 days

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

Heres an update.

I filled in the N56 and faxed it to the Court, albeit not with any detail, just outlined my circumstances and informed them i was unemployed.

I received a response from the court only a few days later, informing me that the application had been dismissed given that I was unemployed.

Aktiv knew I was unemployed and it doesnt surprise me in the least that they tried. In my opinion they are outright criminal in the way they harrass people for a debt, ive had no success in engaging them previously they just want a 'financial drip' so they can fill their pockets from peoples misfortune. Saying that, they are almost 'saint like' compared to RBS.

Thanks for the help

Well done Big Ted.

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread