Discdevil.co.uk rejected most of my cds

clio2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used these to sell some cd singles and have had nothing but trouble, I sent them 82 cds my offer was 11.50 and they rejected most of the goods and paid me 80p, I did send them some ps1 games that were missing inlays them I can understand, but they claim most of the cds were water damaged and refuse, I complained to them but they fobbed me off with there terms and conditions and I complained again so they said they can take action against me for breaching terms and conditions,

I am so angry at the lies and they have my goods I know its not much money its just the principal of it,

can I take any sort of action against them?

Thank You

Edited by Conniff

I think we may need more info. What do the t&c say ? . It sounds similar to cash4phones, i.e offering a certain amount but in reality it is a lot less.

What were the condition of the cd's, were they albums or singles

I think we may need more info. What do the t&c say ? . It sounds similar to cash4phones, i.e offering a certain amount but in reality it is a lot less.

What were the condition of the cd's, were they albums or singles

latest email I received from them:

We are under no obligation to photograph any items within an order that arrive with us, let alone image every single item that arrives at our warehouse in an order. However, we do so when an order flags up with excessive damage such as yours, to give an indication of the general condition of the goods enclosed, we photograph a proportion of the goods to satisfy us from a legal standpoint should we wish to make claim of a breach of Terms.

As you yourself also concur you did enclose sub standard waste and refuse goods which in itself is a breach of our Terms. When an order reaches the standard such as this, the goods have no value in terms of offers and begin to incur wasted handling charges and disposal costs, we have every right as per our Terms & Conditions to make claim for our disposal costs.

It is for this reason we state on our 1) Terms, on your 2) Orders emails and on your 3) Shipping labels that we do not accept sub standard/damaged/refuse/waste goods. The sending of these types of goods is a circumvention of those terms.

Your orders items are in holding at our warehouse and will be sent to a recycling centre and NOT processed in the usual way for goods which we have made offers for.

The confirmed offer and subsequent payment made to you is in accordance with our Terms & Conditions and we will not increase or amend. The order is closed and ask that you either cease to place similar orders in future or that you close your DiscDevil account if you are unable to work within our Terms.

The notations on your account also show a clear degradation of packing and goods standard is occurring for each order you are placing.

Please answer the question in #2

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Please answer the question in #2

oh yes sorry they were mostly singles plus some pc which they do buy and I believe they were in a reasonable condition they refer to me concurring which I did on the ps1 games but there were only about 2 of them,

Define reasonable. Bbecause from their letter, they classified it as rubbish. items bad enough that they are going to throw them into the bin.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Define reasonable. Bbecause from their letter, they classified it as rubbish. items bad enough that they are going to throw them into the bin.

exactly they wasn't rubbish they claim 80% of the overall items sent were water damaged, they aren't that well heard of so im guessing theyre not a reputable company the cds were playable in a used condition not rubbish

Sounds very much like a cash4phones outfit. Inform trading standards asap and see what happens.

It would appear that they arnt doing anything actually wrong, no doubt the T&C's say that the offer is just than an offer and will only be binding once the CD's have been inspected, now whilst at least at cash4phones it was possible to get the phone checked first (as Watchdog did), in this circumstance it would almost be impossible to get a sismilar check of the CD's first and by your own admission you did send some different CD's than to the original offer said. To be honest I doubt whether you would get a lot more than a few quid for old single CD's, they are prety worthless and as the amount in dispute is less than £10 I dont think its worth spending any more time on.

I happen to think their terms and conditions are unfair and should be reported to Trading standards. If they reject for any reason, they should offer to return the CD's etc.

How does anyone really know that they will recycle the goods and not actually resell them? We don't!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I cannot find any contact details for this company nor can I find a company number.

Report them to the ASA??

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Probably because they dont trash them. Like i said. report it to trading standards. It is NOT their prerogative to start disposing of peoples property. Seriously.

Probably because they dont trash them. Like i said. report it to trading standards. It is NOT their prerogative to start disposing of peoples property. Seriously.

Totally agree. Until payment is made, they still belong to the original owner

I agree, their T&Cs are atrocious. They are full of mistakes, contradictions and unenforceable terms. There is a lot in there that would not stand up to any sort of challenge under UTCCR. Op if you genuinely think you have been had then ask them to return the CDs!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

There is also the question of the courier. :'IF' the items were damaged whilst in transit, the courier is liable and as disc devil are the contracting company, they should be paying and reclaiming from the courier.

I have quite a few PC games to get shot of. If I were to photo everything and send them off. Wonder what would happen?

Ask for them back as they are your property. they may very well say they you have to pay the postage but I would just to make them work at it. No-one terms and conditions override the law on theft or criminal damage.

you need to find out if the company is registered and go after the directors or proprietor. A whois on the web domain would be a start, followed by info about the address you posted the stuff to.

There is also the question of the courier. :'IF' the items were damaged whilst in transit, the courier is liable and as disc devil are the contracting company, they should be paying and reclaiming from the courier.

I have quite a few PC games to get shot of. If I were to photo everything and send them off. Wonder what would happen?

I can guess!

Did they offer you payment? Did you accept their offer? if so, and you recieved the money, then the items are legally theres. If you didnt, then they are, in effect, stolen as they have not returned them when asked.

they've sent me this today

As you are aware all of your orders have been accepted by you and been paid in full by us via your chosen payment method and are concluded.

I will draw your attention to our terms:

"You also understand, agree and accept, that once your items are in TRANSIT (by either use of our FREE Courier Service or FREE Send Service) they will be processed through our Quality Approval Process when they reach us and you are unable to cancel this transaction or order once your items have commenced Transit. "

"If for any reason you include items we do not accept with your order these items we will be disposed of responsibly and they cannot under any circumstances be returned. You hereby accept and agree to hold us harmless and full indemnify us against any loss material or otherwise that you may suffer due to disposal of these unaccepted items by us and/or our partners or affiliates."

This is also very clearly stated on the shipping label we sent you, that you printed out and retained:

" Please Note:

Goods which are received by us forming part of a Trade or Order which fail any stage of our Quality Approval Service, you understand, accept and agree that will not be returned under any circumstances. They will be rejected by our inspection team and recycled. The valuations you have been given are done so under the assumption that the media items will arrive at our warehouse in a clean, saleable condition with clean, un-cracked cases and un-damaged boxes. Goods that arrive and are subsequently found to be below this standard described in this document during the Quality Control Procedure will have a refurbishment or replacement cost deducted from the offer price, not to exceed the items offer value. A Carriage Fee per item will be applied to any item falling in to this category. We are under no obligation to return or pay for such items."

Please consult your records for this.

Due to your contravention of our terms your account has been closed for future orders and/or use.

Regards,

DiscDevil.co.uk - Cash for your CDs DVDs & Games

GetInline.aspx?messageid=ca1b31e3-81bb-11e3-8c89-00237de4a786&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3a437060010%4020012014-262C&cid=dd69068c1fa0e642&shared=1&blob=MHx3YXRlcm1hcmtfc21hbGwuanBnfGltYWdlL2pwZWc_3d&hm__login=rexy20035&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.211.28.8&d=d1834&mf=0&hm__ts=Mon%2c%2020%20Jan%202014%2016%3a07%3a24%20GMT&st=rexy20035&hm__ha=01_58c7646d899a33d80155647ad4f49e28781b5940740d6082436313dd553bb15e&oneredir=1

Visit Us on the Web

GetInline.aspx?messageid=ca1b31e3-81bb-11e3-8c89-00237de4a786&attindex=1&cp=-1&attdepth=1&imgsrc=cid%3a437060010%4020012014-2633&cid=dd69068c1fa0e642&shared=1&hm__login=rexy20035&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.211.28.8&d=d1834&mf=0&hm__ts=Mon%2c%2020%20Jan%202014%2016%3a07%3a24%20GMT&st=rexy20035&hm__ha=01_852b66d1c73c124400bd354271701baf3151483719c5969e4d8f15b771b5d67f&oneredir=1

In domain tools look up it comes up with

http://whois.domaintools.com/discdevil.co.uk

Domain name:

discdevil.co.uk

Registrant:

CDF Enterprise

Registrant type:

UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:

Buckland Granaries

Lymington

Hampshire

SO41 8NN

United Kingdom

Registrar:

Mr Carl Shepherdson t/a CS New Media [Tag = CSNEWMEDIA]

URL: http://www.csnewmedia.co.uk

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 20-Feb-2013

Expiry date: 20-Feb-2015

Last updated: 05-Dec-2013

Registration status:

Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:

ns1.csnewmedia.com

ns2.csnewmedia.com

ns3.csnewmedia.com

ns4.csnewmedia.com

http://www.csnewmedia.co.uk comes up with

http://whois.domaintools.com/csnewmedia.co.uk

Registrant:

Carl Shepherdson

Registrant type:

UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:

Communications House

26 York Street

London

W1U 6PZ

United Kingdom

Registrar:

Mr Carl Shepherdson t/a CS New Media [Tag = CSNEWMEDIA]

URL: http://www.csnewmedia.co.uk

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 21-Aug-2005

Expiry date: 21-Aug-2015

Last updated: 25-Jul-2013

Registration status:

Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:

ns1.csnewmedia.com

ns2.csnewmedia.com

ns3.csnewmedia.com

ns4.csnewmedia.com

Any use to you ?

bit more

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/carl-shepherdson/54/831/518

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...