• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ATOS questionaire puzzled!

ziggy04
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,happy new year to all.

I was puzzled to receive a letter stating that because I receive either incapacity benefit severe disablement benefit or income support on health grounds I would be contacted by Atos regarding a questionnaire and assessment.

I don't get any of these benefits my husband receives pension credit that includes me on his claim, which has recently been reviewed.

I do however get low rate of DLA lifetime award, which according to a letter I got earlier in the year, I wouldn't be assessed until 2015.

not sure what to do I have no idea why they think I get one of these benefits there is no phone number on the letter I have to send the questionnaire back within a month, although they can't stop a benefit I don't get!

Dont worry, I have been sent to 2 medical assessments and dont receive any benefits so it is amusing to have them tell me that they will stop my benefit if I do not co-operate. Like how? they have claimed I have threatened them but when I ask for evidence of this and tell them that i have recorded the interviews they go all silent and wont reply to my letters. Funny that!

• 3 weeks later...

i am still puzzled but i was told quite abruptly when i phoned the local benefit office that although i don't get income support, incapacity benefit or severe disablement allowance which was stated on the letter i received from Atos, i have received NI credits so have to fill in the questionnaire.

My husband is 68 and has been getting pension credit for 5yrs i am 57, but from what I've read because he received pension credit before 2010 he will continue to get the benefit for both of us. proposed changes in the rules will mean that an older man with younger wife will have to wait until the younger partner reaches pension age before a claim for pension credit can be made.

from what i understand Atos main remit is to cut the benefit bill, and i have read some horror stories regarding assessments etc. I'm concerned that if i fail the assessment how this will affect my husbands claim.

I have multiple health issues including retinopathy of prematurity TLE, severe arthritic hip told i needed a hip replacement 7yrs ago! & depression just been referred to neurologist as i have various worrying symptoms.

just been prescribed additional blood pressure medication as my blood pressure is even higher now can't think why that is!

i expect they want to save money by cutting the pension credit. its hard enough paying the bills now,i have filled the form in and sent it off. stressed out right now

I think that you really ought to check before completing and returning the questionnaire whether you need to continue claiming NI credits. From your age I would guess you already have enough to qualify for your pension, so you need to check if your husband would continue receiving Pension credits at the same rate if you didn't claim ESA. If you don't need to claim, it's really not worth the hassle of jumping through all their hoops.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

:ziggy04:

No connection whatsoever between your husband's couple claim for pension credit and the ESA50 questionnaire you've been sent. Awards of pension credit aren't dependent on capability, or lack of it, for work so a 'failed' assessment won't affect your current rate of benefit.

And so far as I can see, the only possible negative effect might be to your national insurance contributions record. If you were previously in receipt of income support on the grounds of disability, and the only reason you're not being paid is that you've chosen to be included on your husband's claim instead; by accident or design (I'm not sure which cos I don't know enough about the contribution regs) you may still be in receipt of national insurance credits that are dependent on your capability for work.

As a starting point to clarify whether you need to be/should be in receipt of credits; the National Insurance Helpline on 03002 003500.

Best wishes, Margaret.

hello again, Thank you very much for your kind replies and advice. I must admit I am feeling rather stressed about the Atos assessment only ever read bad things about that experience!

Since my last post I have been referred back to see a neurologist as I have on going symptoms needing further investigations and had to have another blood pressure medication as my bp is way too high maybe due to the worry associated with this Atos thing.

Margaret thank you for the helpline number I will certainly give them a call.

I think that you really ought to check before completing and returning the questionnaire whether you need to continue claiming NI credits. From your age I would guess you already have enough to qualify for your pension, so you need to check if your husband would continue receiving Pension credits at the same rate if you didn't claim ESA. If you don't need to claim, it's really not worth the hassle of jumping through all their hoops.

Yes I have to say I'm not in the right frame of mind to jump through hoops for Atos right now, I'm sure if I claimed ESA it would certainly affect my husband's claim for Pension Credit , I just wish they, Atos were more clear in their letter to me, no mention of N.I credits just that benefit would be affected if I did not comply.

• 1 month later...
Hi Mate......yes i'm dealing with this at moment......are u in this predicament at moment?

No I'm not, it's the OP Ziggy. I just wondered as you're trying to help someone else how much experience you have of this type of thing. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I would send you a pm but I cant because I'm new here it won't let me...lol...how many posts do I need to post lol........yes I can help ziggy I think mate.

Hello again. Let's see if Ziggy replies because this thread goes back to January. It could be that the problem has been resolved.

Fwiw, because you're new, we encourage advice to be given on open forum so that it can be peer checked. This is for the protection of all concerned.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello Stuart & honeybee, Sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while busy trying to cope with my various neurological symptoms lately.

Well in answer to your question I had an urgent letter from Atos insisting that I return the questionnaire by 4th Feb which in did, I also told them I was waiting for an apt to see a neurologist for my on going problems, but as of yet I haven't heard back, not sure if that's a good thing.I will be seeing the neurologist on 8th April. I haven't a clue what is going on, I didn't even know I received N.I. credits until I phoned to enquire as to why I had been contacted by Atos.

• 2 weeks later...

brief update, although I was 'ordered' to return the questionnaire by 4th Feb so far I haven't heard anything more, maybe no news is good news!

I have since seen a neurologist, regarding my on going health issues, and I am now waiting for MRI brain and spine scans to be done. I do receive DLA at the lowest rate originally for life but I expect they will no doubt, do their best to take that from me in due course.

No doubt you have heard on the news of the complete chaos that is the WCA system at the moment. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting to hear from them as they now apparently have huge backlogs in all areas of the country. The good news is that this means it is unlikely you will be called for a face to face assessment any time soon, if at all. Since it won't make any difference to your current income then for now no news is good news.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.