using gym

mushkin85

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i'm ESA in the support group, my condition is anxiety, I was wondering am i allowed to go to they gym because i think it would be good for me, or would this be sometime of fraud, also am i allowed to do things that would get me better like going to groups, meeting friends etc

It's definitely not fraud. I pay for my gym subscription and my social worker says it is excellent use of my money. I have made myself go to classes even when very low and anxious and I have noticed that the bad bouts of my depression have shortened in length since doing so and my sw and psychiatrist both feel that the exercise is benefitting me hugely. I actually have no heating on or hot water as to me the use of the gym is imperitive to my recovery and mental health.

The only way I would think a gym membership might be examined is if you said your physical difficulties meant you couldn't do every day tasks. Exercise is very good for anxiety and depression so you are only doing what is good for you.

Agree with abc above - not fraud.

It would be different if you'd said you couldn't walk more than 10 metres and you went to the gym to run 5 miles on a treadmill, but you absolutely are allowed to do things like take care of your health and meet with friends.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I have noticed that the bad bouts of my depression have shortened in length since doing so and my sw and psychiatrist both feel that the exercise is benefitting me hugely.

If you are claiming ESA or DLA, are you keeping the DWP informed of the vast improvement in your mental health?

Not to do so is fraud.

If you are claiming ESA or DLA, are you keeping the DWP informed of the vast improvement in your mental health?

Not to do so is fraud.

I think 'hugely' would be relative though. If you start from a low base, it doesn't necessarily take you up all that far.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I think 'hugely' would be relative though. If you start from a low base, it doesn't necessarily take you up all that far.

HB

HB, quite. It would be fraud if the condition had improved such that LCW was no longer an issue. You're not required to inform the DWP of every single change in your condition.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

What's an LCW?

I tall with my social worker regulary about work, and she doesn't feel I am well enough. I don't manage my emotions well around stress and can get very low and suicidal and it's not long since my last 'hosiptal at home' care (aka crisis team). The improvements we have noticed have been the length of my down times has gone from months to weeks in the cycle, usually, then a better phase then low phase again. It's always been cyclicle for me but I am finding the exercise helps me.