Find out phone number

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to find out the phone number of a caller who called us but did not display the number.

The issue is:

My daughter's bike was stolen a couple of months ago. I put notifications out on websites. On New year's eve at 23.18h a woman called and said "I have got your bike". There was no giggling or laughing in the background. She sounded serious rather than a prank. When I wanted some more information and her phone number she asked "Why would I want to give you this"and hung up.

Can anyone help please?

house phone or mobile?

you should have done a 1471 after the call

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx

General rule of withheld numbers is that it overrides 1471 and doesnt work. It just says "this person withheld their number"

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

then it was withheld sadly.

don't think there is anyway

unless you involve the police.

have you?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is an option with BT where you can bypass the withheld number,

similar to what the police do.

However, i think its only activated when BT are performing an investigation into continued harassment or nuisance calls.

They basically switch it on and ask the account holder to make a log of calls,

as well as BT recording them automatically.

mainly because ( believe it or not) BT doesnt record calls from skype etc, due to the number being 00

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As the theft was registered with the police would they have a way of getting the number or even the caller and get our bike back?

yes you need to tell them you got a call.

dx

and they

Definitely contact the police again and let them know that someone called and claimed to have the bike. Even if they don't and it was a prank, perhaps a visit from the police will curtail and future prank calls the might make to anyone else.

Unless the thief knew they wanted the bike back and could cave into a ransom demand. Similar to the current thefts of certain breeds of dog.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D