Insurance Policy Information

PhoXx1972

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a Lorry Driver, and was involved in a collision in the company vehicle and the third party was driving a car on a public road.

No damage to the Lorry, considerable bodywork damage to the car and no injuries to any person.

Am I required to declare the collision on my own personal car insurance policy ?

No, they are different.

If it were a company car registered solely for your use, then you would have to. But for a commerical vehicle it is a separate issue to private car insurance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No, they are different.

If it were a company car registered solely for your use, then you would have to. But for a commerical vehicle it is a separate issue to private car insurance.

Are you saying that if asked a question to the effect "Have you been involved in an accident or suffered a loss or made a claim within the last five years" that the OP should answer no?

Are you saying that if asked a question to the effect "Have you been involved in an accident or suffered a loss or made a claim within the last five years" that the OP should answer no?

My experience has been that private car underwriters did not want this type of info.

Perhaps your experience is different ?

Would you expect all bus drivers to report every incident/accident however small to their private car Insurers ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

My experience has been that private car underwriters did not want this type of info.

Perhaps your experience is different ?

Would you expect all bus drivers to report every incident/accident however small to their private car Insurers ?

My experience would be the majority of Insurers would want to know of any accidents hence why the question does not include along the lines "Excluding accidents in company vehicles"

Bearing in mind that the bus companies Go Ahead, Stage Coach, First Group, Metro Line, Arriva subscribe to C.U.E then there is a good chance they report accidents involving their bus drivers to C.U.E

My experience would be the majority of Insurers would want to know of any accidents hence why the question does not include along the lines "Excluding accidents in company vehicles"

Bearing in mind that the bus companies Go Ahead, Stage Coach, First Group, Metro Line, Arriva subscribe to C.U.E then there is a good chance they report accidents involving their bus drivers to C.U.E

Bus companies have access to CUE because they want to access Insurance details of vehicles involved in accidents with their buses. They don't submit data to CUE about details of their drivers who have been involved in accidents.

The question is a general one about accidents, with no caveats about type of vehicle being driven, because they can pick and choose what they use to underwrite. My experience is that when commercial vehicle incidents/accidents are disclosed, the info is not used.

I can't remember a single case, where an underwriter has used commercial vehicle accident details, to apply some form of loading to a private car policy.

Because it was a very specific question that the insurance company asked, 'have I been involved in any collision where a claim has been made in the last 5 years?', that I asked the lady on the phone (at Direct Line) to verify whether or not that included a company delivery vehicle as part of my work and she stated 'yes, you must include anything about your driving history'.

I felt that I should ask the same question here in case it was a case of the insurance company just wanting things their own way as a way of increasing premiums.

Because it was a very specific question that the insurance company asked, 'have I been involved in any collision where a claim has been made in the last 5 years?', that I asked the lady on the phone (at Direct Line) to verify whether or not that included a company delivery vehicle as part of my work and she stated 'yes, you must include anything about your driving history'.

I felt that I should ask the same question here in case it was a case of the insurance company just wanting things their own way as a way of increasing premiums.

Did they actually use the information ? Did they even record the information onto the quote or policy information ?

Perhaps some companies have started to use this info. Not my experience.

Best advice is probably to always disclose everything and the Insurers can decide whether they want to use it or not. There are so many different Insurers out there, when these questions get raised on forums, you answer from experience. However, perhaps as Dacouc has suggested, it is possible that some Insurers in the market have started to record and use the info. It does not make any odds really, as you could get an Insurers that does not want this information and they may be one of the most expensive.