Put in the Support Group end of Nov. Just received letter for WRAG interview?

Retro_uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent in my ATOS form along with supporting evidence mid-sept and at the end of Nov I received two letters the same day. The first I opened said there were changes to benefits in Dec and that my benefit was changing to WRAG. There was nothing much else written apart from a breakdown of how much you get.

The second letter I opened (that came the same day) was a five page one, with many more details and said I had been put into the support group after it was determined I was unfit for work following my claim form. It also said that it superseded any other letters I had received about benefit payments. Naturally I assumed this meant the short WRAG one which had arrived the same day.

I was unsure though, so phoned the benefits office and the lady took my details and confirmed that I was indeed in the Support group and didn't need to do anything further and would be due for a review in two years time. All good and I relaxed for the first time in months. In fact I even came here and posted a follow up post to a thread I had started, thanking people for their advice and help.

This morning a letter arrives stating that I am in WRAG and HAVE to attend an interview on the 14 January. It is compulsory and says my benefit will be affected if I don't attend. I am so confused. I have a letter saying I am in the support group, and spoke to someone on the phone who confirmed it and could even tell me when the review date was due. So that MUST be correct yes?

Of course I am now worried sick again, and worse, it is the weekend so can't phone them :(

Yeah I know. I've been googling like crazy to see if this has happened to anyone else, as it would better put my mind at rest. Of course, I can't find a single instance of it happening to anyone else :/

Update on this. Waiting on a phone call as they now claim I am in WRAG and don't know why I have a letter saying I'm in the support group. Someone is supposed to be calling me back to clear it up.

I have no idea how I could have spoken to someone when I received my support group letter, and them confirm I was in the support group if that wasn't the case. So worried right now.

Final update. Woman who dealt with my claim and sent out the support group letter admitted she "pressed the wrong button" and that it should have said WRAG. No real apology, just asked if I wanted to appeal. Had to start the appeal process. Not happy at all. Wrote to my MP about this as I think it's disgusting to be honest.