Harveys sofa

stevvieboi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone advise me

on a sofa i bought from Harvey's, and problems i am having with it,

when it arrived it had some damage, but was only a plastic moulding around the switch which was repaired,

i have had problems since, with this plastic moulding breaking off all the time,

the arms of the sofa, you can feel the frame of the sofa under the arms,

them telling me it's the design and the arms need fluffed everyday to sort this out,

even when doing this you can still feel the frame, you don't have to put your arm down hard before it can hurt catching on the frame,

when we viewed this in the store, it never felt like this,

store one being there nearly a year and still the arms are solid, no where on store sofa can you feel any frame anywhere,

ours is not even 9 months old, and they are now saying as a good will gesture they will have them refilled,

which i am not very happy about, as after a year old i want have much option but to just have it repaired every time,

even when it was ordered, we were given a delivery date, but never came until another 4 months after that date,

so far this is the forth time they have come out to fix it,

legally where do i stand, as i don't see it fit for purpose,

i am self employed, and as they cant give me a morning or afternoon appointment, other than a call the night before,

i am losing a lot in wages as i have to take the whole day off just for them,

yes i can expect things to go wrong every now and then,

but 4 times so far in less than 9 months, is a lot in loss wages to me, and at less than 9 months old, with these problems,

what does the future hold with it,

i only see problems after problems with it

any advice will be greatly appreciated

thank you

Hi Stevvie,

You need to put your complaint to them in writing. Read up about SOGA and quote this in your letter.

Keep the letter brief and list the problems on a separate sheet with dates and events.

Tell them you require them to sort the issues to your satisfaction, or you will make a formal complaint to The Furniture Ombudsman and/or reject the sofa and seek a full refund.

Tell them you require the work to be done within a reasonable time window of a 2 or 4 hours, as it's unreasonable for you to lose a day's work.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...