Sonic Direct - Faulty Washing machine wanting me to pay for new delivery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a washing machine on boxing days sales from sonicdirect.co.uk it was delivered a few days later

and found to have a faulty door - which kept on locking after the wash cycle.

spoke to sonic who asked me to ring samsung.

..rang them and got a RMA number.

Rang sonic and they wanted ME to bring back the washing machine,

when it was them that had delivered it in the first place!!!!

Went to the store to the store when the sales lady fobbed me off suggesting I buy another washing machine and 'top it up' with extra funds to buy the new machine.

I said i want the same washing machine and suddenly ALL of this make are SOLD OUT!!!

Luckily they had a new delivery coming in but they wanted me to PAY for having a replacement washing machine delivered

- why should i pay if the machine they delievered in the place was faulty!

correct.

how did you pay by the way...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Amy,

Your contract is with Sonic and they had no right to suggest you contact Samsung. It is Sonic's responsibility to sort this out.

They should promptly supply a new machine or arrange a proper repair.

If they fail to do this, you should reject the machine by writing them a letter and demand a full refund.

If they fail to respond properly, you can sue them for your money back and name the Credit Card Co as co-defendant.

You can also tell the CC Co about this and get them to intervene to try to have the matter resolved more quickly.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Sonic fobbed me off then by telling me to phone Samsung and get it sorted out myself!

Then the Sonic sales lady had the nerve to say "I won't charge you £15 delivery for the new machine...."

Like WTF! you delivered a faulty machine and your wanting delivery charges again!

Hi Amy,

Your contract is with Sonic and they had no right to suggest you contact Samsung. It is Sonic's responsibility to sort this out.

They should promptly supply a new machine or arrange a proper repair.

If they fail to do this, you should reject the machine by writing them a letter and demand a full refund.

If they fail to respond properly, you can sue them for your money back and name the Credit Card Co as co-defendant.

You can also tell the CC Co about this and get them to intervene to try to have the matter resolved more quickly.

How does protection with a debit card work via chargeback...how would one go about claiming a refund for say a servive not provided as promised...say for example my friend paid £100 to a driving school who have a try before you buy feature, where they promised her to provide 5 pupils...but they did not live upto that promise...can she claim that money back via a charge back?

You also have protection with a debit card via chargeback

Hi Amy,

You need to speak to Sonic and tell them you have taken advice and now know it is Sonic's responsibility to sort this and nothing at all to do with Samsung, with whom you have no contract. Your rights are protected by the Sale of Goods Act or SOGA.

Tell them you require that they replace the machine within 7 days or you will formally reject it and seek a full refund, using a Credit Card or Debit Card chargeback.

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Good point Rebel.

Don't speak to Sonic - use letter or email contact only, so you have a paper trail.

Hi AmySpencer7

I would sincerely apologise for any confusion that may have been caused as a result of your faulty appliance. I have briefly looked into your order and can see that we have indeed exchanged the unit for you as you requested. I would welcome the opportunity to talk to you regarding the matter as your posted comments seem contrary to the information I have. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience and ask for Robert – The General Manager.

Rob Mucha

General Manager

Sonic Megastore Ltd

Ingleby Road | Bradford | West Yorkshire | BD8 9AN