• Tweets

• If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

3 communications Lowell (02 mobile) £900 DEBT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

any advice on this debt please

HUSBAND DEBT 3 communications Lowell (02 mobile) £900 DEBT

On all CRAs

Start date 6/6/2010 defaulted19/12/2010 updated 24/11/2011

This started as 02 mobile debt which was passed to Lowell think they own it as its them on CRAs file . first leete off Lowell on 6/10/2011 then went to mucky hall 16/1/2012 then advantis 16/4/2012 last letter from debt managers(services)ltd dared 18/4/2013 doorstep visit letter.

Edited by Conniff

how come its £900

any ideas?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

my husband says the debt started off around £180 and is gone to this it was 18month phone contract that basically 2 months were paid then he couldn't afford to keep it up

what should we d with this one to get ball roliing what actions are first thanks

it might pay you to SAR o2

get all the info

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

extremely worried as LOWELL own this debt just received letter

from Bryan carter solicitors stating that.......

we must contact Frederickson international within 14 days or they will recommend proceedings against us

now this has been passed to Fredrick son now bryan carter are writeing out stating that

this debt is £900.43

court fees will be £55

solicitor costs £70

new total will be £1025 this debt started out with 02 at around £180- £200 no exactly sure....

im really worried what to do here ?

we are awaiting money to send out all the SAR for all are debts wich total cost will be £180 for cca and sar to send them all out wich will be next week end of month

been reading a lot into Lowell and they sound ruthless

what they do to people

can anybody help please give us some advice what to write to save this going to court

while we wait for money to send sar and cca letters

were realy scared here this debt started at around £180-£200 now there saying ity can go upto £1025 we have 12 days to reply

thanks guys

deal with one debt at a time...

don't forget you don't need to send multiple copies of the sar

if you have several debts with the same bank or 'group'

you only need one.

seen that carter letter lots of times

scan it up please

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

dx

and they

just remember here this has been going on for 3yrs now..

ask yourself WHY

o2 didn't take it to court?

ask yourself why after 3yrs and numerous threat-o-grams they haven't..

its all mostly bluster.

dx

and they

nothing to worried about

just a std threat-o-gram

if.may.instructed

never will!!

got 14 copies of that letter

since 2010 over 15+ debts.

never usually goes anywhere

did he ever cancel with o2

or have any issues with the phone etc

I would not be responding at this stage or ever.

dx

and they

Hi

Just a quick thought. You say only 2 months were paid of the 18 month contract. What will have happened is that the 16 remaining months would have been billed so whatever the monthly contract was then x the remaining months. That's why the bill is so high.

but does not mean is needs paying

dx

and they

DX we were reading in another thread that this Lowell combined 3 debts and it total combined which was over £1500

the thread was an excellent read but this lady who the respondent kept referring to as Watson was sent to hell and back with Lowell for charges it appeared

were just fraudulently placed on her and social services were involved to seek possession of her adopted child

and they also seeked to take her home ...

...you may recall the thread I no this is not the same with us but........

now this is are concern that we have 3 debts with Lowell and they will merge all 3 separate debts to combine 1 figure

as its are understanding that if the debt is £1500 or more then they can apply for bankruptcy for us (quote me please if were wrong)

we are very concerned that lowell own 3 of are debts and the combined total will exceed £1500 if they merge them together as they did in WHATSONS CASE

what can we do now to protect us from the same ?

what should are course of action be ?

we are extremely worried here thanks dx

ps your prompt replys and advice has been are light at the end of the tunnel thank you dx your a decent soul .........

you mean the wendyboats thread and the mould help there.

that's being dealwith

it only got that far as the poster came to us late

merging debts is very very rare

and typically does not happen

esp where by sone are credit agreements & some are not.

ie card debt abd catalogue debt, merged with a phone debt

[which is not covered by the CCA that the first two are.

my neighbour has 18!! debts with lowells totally over £15k

they've never done a thing is 5yrs.

there are very few threads here that show they ever go anywhere

with a mobile debt, whereby, they are claiming the full contract term

where say its obv the punter didn't use it after a couple of months

the other thing to think about is

whats the point when they can see the punter has several debts!!

and its been 3yrs now.

pers i'd be sitting on this

dx

and they

this is a mobile phone debt

it is not credit

so is sadly not covered by the CCA

you can SAR o2 yes.

and they