getting fresh letters about pcn from a year ago.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, looking for a bit of advice about this pcn charge i was sent through the post last year. the first letter i received was in march/april for an supposed "parked in a restricted area" in a free carpark of a cinema, the letter claims either the car had a pcn attached to the car or was issued through the post, i never had anything on my car and the first letter i received was a reminder. it also claimed the car was documented but the letter had no pictures or anything. i browsed this site at that time and various others through google and saw the general consensus of "ignore" and watched as the usual letters followed through my postbox. it was from VCS first, a charge of 80 i think and then 100, it then went to Roxburghe debt collectors where was 160. i got a few of these and then came the graham white letter that i was going to court. all these were shoddy looking and i continued to follow the advice of ignoring and nothing happend. i believe the last letter i got from these were in september time.

december rolls around and i start to get letters from rossendales collect with a price of 136 for a different company called excel parking, still the same client reference. these looked more professional but still had strange wording, like they couldn't tell if i was male or female despite the name that the letters were address to and in the letter it had stuff like "an administration fee of has been added" :|

i continued to ignore these and now i've been sent a final demand which wants the money first thing next week. these letters are full of the same wording, they "may" do this, they "may" recommend to their client, "may" go to the court.

browsing around the net today about this for the first time since first letter last year i see the law has changed? its no longer recommended to ignore? i have no idea what to do now and really can't pay this charge for what feels like a huge damn [problem]. i'm pondering just waiting to see if they try and get a ccj or something, its weird as hell i have two different companies names now, did one buy the other?

it all seems like bull**** to me but i'm interested to know what kind of rights i have considering that fake graham white letter they sent me. i still have all the letters in my office but i've only found 2 of the olds letters so far, still sorting through my storage but i know i still have the rest.

i really dont want to deal with this **** and i'm hoping i can still ignore since i had these letters from before this new law came in?

The old advice was to ignore then things changed to appeal to them

You are too late for any appeal so time to revert to the old advice and ignore them

Rossindales will be acting as a debt collector not a bailiff in this one

• Confused 1

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

+1

You have ignored how many letters so far? And still nothing has happened...

You cannot just 'get' a ccj.

In your case I would carry on ignoring all the scary letters, but DO NOT ignore

any offical court papers (very unlikely)

this is what i thought, thanks guys. i've been ill for most of december and with that, the resurgence of these letters threw me in more stress.

i'll report back if i get anything that looks properly official.

You are sure that it is only one parking charge notice we are talking about?

Edit. Vcs and excel have the same registered office. ....

Edited by armadillo71

You are sure that it is only one parking charge notice we are talking about?

Edit. Vcs and excel have the same registered office. ....

i believe so, the reference number seems to the same one across all letters.

Have seen posts regarding similar letters regarding dragging up old cases. If these were pre Oct 2012 then they can only pursue the driver, so although the law changed they would still be pre POFA. It seems Excel/VCS have simply moved threatogram generation to Rossendales from Poxburghe.

Although the Excel/VCS are owned by the same people, they are two separate companies, and should be carrying out business as two separate companies! However when have these companies worried about legality's?

One of them had a run in with the DVLA so they shift the business to the other. this is worthy of a complaint to the Information Commissioner and the DVLA.

As for the content of the demands- ignore them, they cant do sourt because they dont own the debt so all they do is send out wordy letters threatening some action in the future.

Have seen posts regarding similar letters regarding dragging up old cases. If these were pre Oct 2012 then they can only pursue the driver, so although the law changed they would still be pre POFA. It seems Excel/VCS have simply moved threatogram generation to Rossendales from Poxburghe.

Although the Excel/VCS are owned by the same people, they are two separate companies, and should be carrying out business as two separate companies! However when have these companies worried about legality's?

my ppc love letter arrived in oct 2012 is this classed as not pre oct even though possibly within afew days.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I just wondered whether anything further has happened regarding this? I too received a PNC from Vehicle Control Services back in September 2012 and following advice from this forum ignored it. I then received a letter from Graham White 8 months later followed by two letters from Roxburghe, all of which I ignored. Like you, I have now receivded a letter from Rossendales Collect giving me 7 days to respond. I would very much appreciate hearing what you did and where you are up to now.

Hi, I just wondered whether anything further has happened regarding this? I too received a PNC from Vehicle Control Services back in September 2012 and following advice from this forum ignored it. I then received a letter from Graham White 8 months later followed by two letters from Roxburghe, all of which I ignored. Like you, I have now receivded a letter from Rossendales Collect giving me 7 days to respond. I would very much appreciate hearing what you did and where you are up to now.

remember they have been giving you seven days to reply for over 18 mths,so no rush.

As this was pre POFA, schedule 4 does not apply.

They can only try to make the driver pay, and they don't know who that is....

Pre October 2012 so ignore, they can do nothing.

Pre October 2012 so ignore, they can do nothing.

Thanks for the advice. I panicked a little when I received this letter as I thought it had gone away. I don't want to risk a CCJ and when I looked up Rossendales on line it seems they send bailiffs and I don't want that. What should i expect now if I ignore it?

Thanks for the advice. I panicked a little when I received this letter as I thought it had gone away. I don't want to risk a CCJ and when I looked up Rossendales on line it seems they send bailiffs and I don't want that. What should i expect now if I ignore it?

Probably another letter asking for the drivers name... which you do not have to give.

They will be acting as a debt collector not as a bailiff

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)