Stupid question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If i close both my bank current bank accounts next tuesday the 7th barclays and natwest both have no money in them and no overdraft facility, and wonga are due to take payment on the 10th am i right in thinking the cant get any money at all?

Im moving my wages to santander and offering them and ladder loans a repayment plan by the way

Are my wages safe in santander? My other 2 were barclays and natwest

Yes you are correct. Maybe better to check the CPA thread and print off the letter on there to take to your bank. You can also email Wonga/et al a copy of the letter revoking the CPA.

Thanks, but surely if i just close both accounts (i will tell wonga and ladder loans) i dont need to bother with the CPA?

Never say never. barclays are known to take you into an unauthorised over draft, and santander comes complete with a whole host of issues.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

tell wonga and ladder loans to cancel the CPA - unless you actually set up a DD with them they can't get at your a/c unless is a debit card payment so just fire an email telling them you withdraw the CPA and they should remove your DC details right away so this is the safest thing to do.

the CPA will last for the life of the card mate, so still do it so it will stop them being able to collect the arrears in any way they see fit - they will hit your card each day until the funds are collected so still cancel the CPA - they should only hit your card for a maximum of 3 declined customer not present transaction per day so ask your bank if they have exceeded these attempts - these are rules set out by Visa and carry a £50,000 fine per card they break this rule for. FCA will soon be changing this to 3 declined transactions for the life of the card

CPA is tied to the account. NOT the card.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

CPA is tied to the account NOT the card. Even the FCA state that.

I was talking about the bank account. Thats why i replied to your comment about the CPA being on the card...

I was talking about the bank account. Thats why i replied to your comment about the CPA being on the card...

ha, fair play - we are on the same page then - on this point! i should have been clearer with my comment. sorry for the confusion

Which is why i said FCA.

It's ok :)