NRAM Shortfall/Blackhorse please help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on how to start putting my life back together after spending the last 6 years looking over my shoulder!

To cut a long story short after a relationship breakdown and some other personal issues my flat was repossessed in 2008 and Northern Rock sold it on at auction.

The flat cost me originally £38500 on a together mortgage and I also took out an additional £6K loan on top of that to clear some debts as well as a £10K loan from Blackhorse (secured) a few years later.

I now have NRAM chasing me for a shortfall of £29500 and Blackhorse £17985 both of which I have paid nothing towards since the repossession.

I received a letter from Mackenzie Hall last week offering a settlement figure of £8800 for the NRAM shortfall (which I don't have!) or a £40 PM payment. I also get occasional letters from various DCA's about the Blackhorse sum.

I am based in Scotland and I know the law is slightly different up here.

How much did they get at auction for the property ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387500-Mortgage-shortfalls-Request-Breakdown-of-balance-owed

It might be worth sending the letter above to them in order to establish how they have come to the figure they are claiming.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have no idea..basically I went a bit off the rails and moved abroad for a couple of years just before the repossession date. They only information I have is letters from some DCA's and NRAM which have been sent to my parents address as they obviously couldn't find me and all my UK bank statements and post went there.

I'm now back in the UK and want to get this sorted and move on with my life as its been hanging over my head for years

Is this the first contact that has been made in respect of this shortfall ?

BCOBS

are there late payment fees? if so claim them back to reduce the balance.

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.