Someone pretended to be me, now I'm getting letters from RLP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello , I've been receiving letter from Rlp for maybe two months now. Someone said they were me and gotten away with it. I l have never been to the store which is a london tk maxx. They asked for pictures of me to rule me out I've sent then the one liner that was recommended. What should I do from here ????

Thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG.

You posted on a forum stikky, so I've moved you to a thread of your own on the main forum. Please continue to post here with your questions, I expect the forum guys will be along later with replies for you. Here's a link to the new thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?414048-Someone-pretended-to-be-me-now-I-m-getting-letters-from-RLP

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Another of my rare visits to CAG. I'm posting in response to an email alert I have received about this thread.

I'll deal with the questions as asked -

1. If the police have taken no action as regards an alleged offence, unless they are conducting further enquiries, there are statutory time-limits they must comply with as regards the commencement of proceedings. If these time-limits are breached, proceedings cannot then be pursued for that offence, unless it is linked to another separate offence which subsequently comes to light.

2. In order for police to examine a person's bank account, they must obtain written consent from the account holder or an order from a court. In this respect, I speak from experience of obtaining such consents/orders.

3. The OP who is enquiring about what RLP/Cireco have on their databases, I would suggest that SARs are served on both businesses. It may cost £10 a shot, but it should have Ms Lambert sufficiently concerned to have her running home to change her underwear. Where RLP and their retailer clients have been put to strict proof, their claims have been shown to be wanting. However, putting pressure on RLP and their retailer clients by putting them to strict proof and ramping the pressure up, as and when necessary, will not only give RLP and its clients a taste of their own medicine, it should send out a very clear message to them that if they think they can behave like second-rate gangsters, they should think again.

4. The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 should be considered where justified. The civil remedy provisions under Section 3 of the Act are a measure of very last resort and should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Bear in mind Ferguson -v- British Gas Trading [2009].

5. Maxxer, if TK Maxx knows a customer has committed fraud on a previous occasion and then knowingly allows them to commit a further and subsequent offence in the belief they have a strong case, I've got news for them. Firstly, a court is going to ask questions as to why no action was taken on the occasion of the first offence and, secondly, if the staff knowingly allow a customer to commit a second offence, does it not occur to TK Maxx and the employees involved that they have been complicit in the second offence? No criticism of yourself, Maxxer, but retail senior management really do need to get real and realise you cannot break the law or ask staff to break the law in order to justify apprehending a small-time fraudster. An employee is only required to comply with a lawful instruction. They are completely within their rights to tell an employer to "Go swivel" if the employer tells them to commit any act which the employee knows or reasonably suspects is unlawful or illegal.

6. Danny123456, I would suggest you speak to the Metropolitan Police about the matter you refer to in Post #129. You do not have to provide any photos to RLP and unless they have clear evidence you were responsible, they can be told to go play with the traffic on the nearest trunk road or motorway.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON CAG!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Danny, I was wondering if you could help my out. Ive been asking a few recent posts as to what the envelopes looked like that RLP are currently using. As I have heard that some have a greay "RLP" waterwark whilst others have "retail loss prevention" written in red on the envelope. I would really appreciate your feedback if you have a second to reply. Thanks