Re: Leeds leisure Vehicles Again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well Well....

This isn't the thread i expected to see when typing LLV in to google....

I bought a Land Rover from them in November 2013, after driving it to Essex i noticed a few leaks so took it to a Land Rover garage where they noticed a lot of major issues;

- wrong brake lines used, not even brake lines

- one bolt in the drive shaft

- wrong bolts used in steering rack

- numerous other faults

Yes it was a 1986 Defender, however i paid top money for it and it had an MOT that day.. all the above are easy spots on MOT test and would fail. I have no doubt that this vehicle didn't even travel to bradford for the MOT test.

I have tried to contact them with no response as of yet.

Any Advice as surely a false MOT certificate is pretty bad...!

Thanks

Have given you a thread of your own I2pb so you get advice directed at you and it doesn't get lost in with the other posts.

It's in the same section holder.gifVehicle retailers and manufacturers with the subject heading 'Leeds leisure Vehicles Again!'

How have you tried to contact them, phone or letter? We suggest you only use a letter sent recorded.

If you really suspect that the MoT certificate has been messed with or isn't legitimate, you will find a phone number on there where you can contact Vosa. It might be a good idea to go and have a look at their site to see what they have to say - https://www.gov.uk/contact-vosa

Have you gone Online and checked the MOT history?

Yes checked online and it is logged on there, but with no advisories. Having had the garage look over the vehicle there is no way it could have passed an MOT. It didn't have an emissions statement either.

I have currently tried to call them and email with no response. I will be writing a letter asking them to pick up the bill for repairs and if they don't I'll be reporting them to vosa. As I know this vehicle never went to the MOT centre.

I took it straight to a garage the day after I bought it and has major faults that would easily fail MoT.

Reporting them to TS or VOSA will get me know where fast in funding the bill... In reality if I threaten them with it they might feel backed in to a corner and pay up. I understand it's always a good idea to uncover these people by reporting but how much and far does it really go? By the number of reports already on this company I would say nothing.

It's because these bodies can't work for an individual that is seems as if you get nowhere. When enough complaints have accumulated with them, then they will do their own investigation and take them to court, they wont do that on your behalf, so after this is over, report them anyway.

The problem with one station failing and another not is a lot of it is at the discretion of the testing officer, although the book says 'if in doubt fail' what classes fail to one tester may not to another, so it's difficult, almost libelous to say in the definitive that 'the testing station is dodgy', only Vosa can say that.

It's because these bodies can't work for an individual that is seems as if you get nowhere. When enough complaints have accumulated with them, then they will do their own investigation and take them to court, they wont do that on your behalf, so after this is over, report them anyway.

The problem with one station failing and another not is a lot of it is at the discretion of the testing officer, although the book says 'if in doubt fail' what classes fail to one tester may not to another, so it's difficult, almost libelous to say in the definitive that 'the testing station is dodgy', only Vosa can say that.

I totally understand reporting them all adds up in the end...

The faults found were not discretionary pass items..

Break lines hanging loose

Bent steering columns

One bolt holding prop shaft together

Wrong bolts in steering rack

Exhaust had more holes than Swiss cheese

The list goes one....

If the failing Test Center is willing to give you supporting paperwork, then go for it. Unless you are qualified it will be hard for you to make yourself come out on top with the seller and just as hard to convince a court.

Have you contacted the seller yet now that we are back to normal working days ?

An independent inspection carried out two days after purchase should be suffice I would have thought. I wouldn't take them to court as it's just too long winded for my patienence.

Still no contact from them to date. There is no way the car was cloned to get the mot done, it's pretty unique..! Also the car was MOT under a different colour which had not been changed on logbook, not sure if this makes a difference?

If you know someone that MOTs then it's easy enough to get one done without the car being there, all they need is another vehicle to run the emissions. This is what has happened in my case I believe as when I called about the car at 9am it had no MOT then when I turned up to collect the car at 11am it had an MOT! This had travelled from Leeds to Bradford..! I know that's possible but when I arrived to the car it was in storage and had clearly not moved for some time, dead battery etc..

Now I should have clicked on to that there and then but I didn't really think too much... Big error... Although the car is stunning and had lots of work completed it should have had the serious stuff for MOT done too...

I have written a letter to them and see what comes, also going through my bank to try claim section 75 or similar.

All I want is money for the work and by threatening them with certain things I hope this will either appeal to their better nature or back them in to a corner..! Long shot I know but taking them to court doesn't always work either and very costly.

There is no corner to back them into without the ultimate sanction.

If you are of the opinion that you might not win in court then you must be doubtful of the evidence you have that the work really did need doing.

Court will cost around £40 and you add that to your claim so get it back.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Ah... That's cheap..

To be honest I have never delved in taking people to court so thought it much more drama and time consuming than it may be..

I'm 100% that they are at fault on the MOT pass side. They could argue I could have checked the car before purchase. However I am no expert and I have an independent inspection report that says this vehicle should never of passed MOT in current state and it was dangerous of them to knowing let me drive it 300 miles home..!

I think I need to look in to court option more, obviously give them a chance to resolve first.

Although you could have checked the car at purchase, it is up to them to bring to your attention any faults, it is also up to them to prove during the first six months, that any faults that come to light in that first six months, were not present at the time of purchase as per SOGA.

Yes give them all the opportunities that time allows and send them letters by recorded delivery. Court is the last route and shouldn't be threatened unless all other attempts have failed, on the other hand, it shouldn't be threatened if you don't intend to go through with it.