Natwest Poor Service

fkofilee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now onto Natwest...

I previously had dealings with RBS... They wernt bad but wernt great.

I joined up 5 days ago to get away from Barclays... and i thought all was good, asked for contact-less card etc, and also chequebook. Was promised that was fine.

I get home today to find my new debit card awaiting to be opened... Open it up and to my horror, they havent given me a contact-less card. I ring in to them and say im not happy can they sort one out for me... "Sure" they say.

Prior to this in branch they told me i could have one. Also the people in Telephone banking also said "The cards come as contact-less as standard" (Well clearly they dont)

The woman on the phone was good tonight but had no idea why ididnt get one... On top of that theyve left me without a working debit card for my new account as they cancelled the card to try and send out another without my permission.

The account i have with Natwest is a Select Silver Account. My friend has exactly the same and has the contact-less card chequebook and reader too.

Now ive been told that i have a 14 day cooling off period that only works should i be unhappy about the insurance products, but in the T&Cs it says i cant cancel if im unhappy about any other element of the account.

All i want is bank where i can spend my money as i see fit, have my salary paid into, and pay how i want too.

I want a bank where things are 90% right and only Very rarely go wrong... But I really cant catch a break.

For me this is usually a bad side of things to come so.... with that in mind.

- Should i leave and return to Barclays or put up with Natwest making this mistake?

- If i was promised this and they cannot deliver, where do i stand as above?

Please feel free to visit the Barclays Thread here...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

As far as I'm aware, they issue contactless cards to all ELIGIBLE customers.

You mentioned in your other thread that Barclays only gave you a Cash Card account. I'm thinking that perhaps you have a bit of an adverse credit history which is preventing them from issuing you one. You probably have an online debit card too (where the card has to "phone home" and check your available balance before a payment is made - so for example you couldn't use your card on an aeroplane).

Hi CagBnm... Problem is 2 things;

- My current account is eligible for it as its a select silver account. They have confirmed this.

- I did also ask about it and was informed it was a full visa debit card that could be used ANYWHERE.

If this I an administration error then fine, but this shows everything that is wrong with the banking culture!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 weeks later...

So ive left Natwest and Stayed with Barclays for the mean time... However this morning I got an awful shock...

Natwest have sent my account closure confirmation with someone else's account information & statements!

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis