Treds trying to rip us off with not as described goods.

Nortan360
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

For Christmas my mum received some christmas money which she decided to buy a pair of shoes at treds,

she decided to buy a pair of shoes which were £70 (On sale) in a size 3.

When we got home with the box and the shoes

my mum opened the box to find that the shoes were slightly too big,

it says size 3 on the box

however the shoes had a little sticker stuck on the bottom which was covering the size of the shoe,

upon removing this sticker it indicated that shoes were infact a size 4 rather than a size 3

which were stated on the box or which we asked for at the point of sale.

We decided to take the shoes back,

to cut a long story short they said that we were in the wrong as the shop itself supplied shoes

which deals with european and American sizes (Which we were not told at the till)

they told us that they'd never seen this before and tried to fob us off with some excuse that it's the american size

(Which is not what we asked for!)

They then said that due to this and the shoes being on sale we could only have the refund as a gift card and not cash itself..

When i mentioned about the Sales of good act and that they were not fit for purpose as they were not what we asked for

the girl on the till then got defensive stating that it was the companies policy and that it applies with the SOGA,

every point I made she would just but in and state 'Company Policy' to which made me very frustrated so

i said well this is complete bull.... (I'm sure you can guess what i said)

She then stated that I was a very violent person and that if i disagreed with her anymore she would call security a

nd have me removed from the shop..

So in the end I just had to settle for the gift card :/

She showed no compassion or remorse for the customer.

. It's very irritating when they don't allow you give your point of view causing you to end up swearing!

Do you guys think we were well within our rights to demand a refund?

Thanks! :D

The shop is wrong. Take it back under SOGA and not fit for purpose. Tell them that if they fail to exchange or issue a refund, you will be contacting trading standards, as well as making a full complaint to the head office.

As it was unfit for purpose, then the shop cannot refuse to give you a cash refund. If i were you now, i would be making full complaints.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Do they not have the size of shoe your Mum wants?

If not are they going to get them in?

If none of the above then I would be going back to the store, cap in hand, and again ask that a full refund be given.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No they do not have the shoes, nor will they be getting more of the same style in the future as they are getting a new range in.

This is an email I sent to the complaints dept -

To whom it may concern,

We recently bought a pair of buffalo shoes for £69.99 (on sale) from the treds store in ...

, upon sale we asked for the shoes in a Size 3.

When we got home my mum tried on the shoes to find that they were slightly too big,

we checked the box and they noticed that the box said size 3,

the shoes then had a little sticker covering the size of the shoes,

upon removing this sticker it indicated that the shoe size was in fact a 4.

We decided to take the shoes back and she informed us that that is how they are sized even though we asked for a size 3 at the point of sale

not an American size 4 (Which we were not informed of)

They said that we could pick some other shoes (Which my mum picked)

To which cost slightly less than the original shoes so

we asked for the remainder of the money back.

We were then told that they could not do that since the shoes were sale items (Which is understandable..)

However we then stated that we were given shoes which we did not want..

The wrong size therefore the sale breached the Sales of Goods Act as they were not fit for purpose.

However the sales assistant would not listen and get abruptly butting in when I was trying to explain my point of view

jumping the gun of every point I stated saying that it was Company Policy and even though they had made a mistake not informing us

they could not refund us the money Instead we had to take the rest on a gift voucher.

after disputing this and getting interrupted many times (this was very frustrating)

To which i then said well this is bulls**t to be honest

(Which i do apologise for however when you're getting interrupted and they aren't listening is very frustrating!)

She then said that I was a very violent person and that if i disputed the sale anymore she would call security and get us removed from the store..

With this we had to accept the gift voucher..

The sales assistant showed no remorse, compassion or correct customer service.

It was very rude of her to interrupt me when I was trying to explain to her she kept butting in as well as adjusting

or putting back every shoe we put back following us around the shop stating that we had been there for '2 hours'

when in actual fact it was 30 minutes we had been looking around.

It would be appreciated if you could look in to this and allow for our now £25 gift card to be exchanged back to cash.

Considering that we were not correctly informed when purchasing the item leading to us being dissatisfied as well as the customer service which was shown.

IMO I would be wanting a full refund then, a credit note wouldn't cut the mustard with me, especially as they will not be getting anymore in of her size.

SOGA and the fact that goods were not as described should be your mantra, personally I wouldn't bother with any of the shop staff, ask to speak to the manager, remain calm and polite, explain the situation, and that you have spoken with your local trading standards who have advised you to go back and speak with the store manager to get a full refund, if this isn't acceptable to the store manager then you would like their area managers name so you are able to escalate the matter to them along with trading standards to investigate.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

full refund in cash - no quibble

within 7 days

and within any 14 days too rules that they might have.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you pay in cash or card ?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Was there any signage in the store available to the public informing then that all sizes in store were American/European not UK and was there any signage at all displaying a Converstion Chart of the different sizes for UK?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uk size 3 is US size 5, so even their own system doesnt add up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi guys! This is the swift reply I received from their customer services team, even though they admit the mistake.. Still not refund..

To answer some of your questions:

There is no sign stating of size changes between shoes.

We paid in cash.

Thanks for your help!!!

Hello.

Thanks for your enquiry.

We are sorry to hear about the level of service you have received whilst shopping in one of our stores. I can assure you that your comments have been passed onto the area manager who will be looking into this situation for you.

Unfortunately, any item purchased in the sale is non-refundable, which is clearly stated in store, in our Terms and Conditions and also on your receipt. If you wish to return a sale item, we can either put your money onto a gift card, or exchange the item for another style/size for you.

We do apologise for you receiving the wrong size shoes, even though this is tReds mistake, we are still unable to refund the money back onto your card for you; we could only put this onto a gift card. We apologise for any inconvenience.

As discussed, I have passed your comments onto the area manager who will be looking into this for you and who will also be speaking to the member of staff who served you whilst in the store.

If we can be of any more assistance please don't hesitate to email us at or call 0800 6350021 (09:00-5:00pm Monday-Friday)

Best Regards,

tReds.co.uk

Dear oh dear. Theyre trying to say no refunds now as well?

Excellent, forgot all about that! :frusty:

Their T&C's are in 'addition to' your statutory rights......sounds like someone at tReds doesn't quite understand consumer rights!