Christmas bonus

Sparks_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was chatting to someone online who mentioned they had not received a letter saying they would be getting the christmas bonus, I had not got that letter either, just hoping it had gone in anyway, got round to phoning the Benefits office today and yes I had not been given the bonus and they dont kbnow why, so if you think you are entitled to the £10 bonus and not received a letter saying you are getting it you should phone them up and check, i know at least 2 and maybe more who have not got it when they should have :(

Edited by Sparks_
Typo mistake

We didn't get a letter regarding the bonus so called up. They confirmed we are entitled to it and we received it on the 27th December.

Just to confirm though the Xmas bonus is £10 and not per benefit either. My husband receives ESA and DLA but only got 1 x £10. Not sure where the £120 bonus comes from.

Where do you get £120 from. Surely it's only £10.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Typo sorry will correct it :)

No problem. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Heard from ESA and they say the reason I diodnt get my payment was that I was swapped from contribution to income related ESA in November....something they forgot to tell me! And theres me thinking if you are in support group you stay on contribution ESA So now DLA are responsible for my Christmas bonus....something they dint know they were responsable for!

After reading this thread and realising i had not received my Xmas bonus i gave DWP a call. I was previously on long term Incapacity benefit and received my Xmas bonus. I was moved onto contribution based ESA and placed in the work related activity group and again i received my Xmas bonus. This year no Xmas bonus received so as mentioned i gave them a call. I was informed that people on means tested benefits are no longer eligible for Xmas bonus only people on contribution based benefits. As i have been receiving ESA for a prolonged period i am apparently on means tested ESA and no longer qualify. The actual amount of benefit i am paid has changed only slightly over the years whilst the name of the benefit i receive has changed numerous times.

Can anyone explain or enlighten me on this issue please? Thank you.

I was on contribution last year and got my bonus, this year I am on income related ESA, even though still in support group and I thought if in support group you stay on contribution, so I am supposed to get my bonus because I am on DLA. Seems benefits are listed in priority...I just dont get how they do it

Well, I haven't had mine either. Just checked my bank statements as far back as the 1st Nov. I am on ESA Contribution based, Guaranteed Pension Credit + DLA (HRM & MRC) so I haven't got any idea on who should be paying it.

On top of that I haven't had my £100 Winter Fuel Allowance either. My wife had her half (£100) but nothing for me.

Rest in the solace that I am doing my bit to get the economy back into the black!!

Well, I haven't had mine either. Just checked my bank statements as far back as the 1st Nov. I am on ESA Contribution based, Guaranteed Pension Credit + DLA (HRM & MRC) so I haven't got any idea on who should be paying it.

On top of that I haven't had my £100 Winter Fuel Allowance either. My wife had her half (£100) but nothing for me.

Rest in the solace that I am doing my bit to get the economy back into the black!!

Phone them up on monday and ask them! Seems they have missed quite a few payments