Welcome Car Finance, No outstanding finance on car?

gilbeeee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I purchased a car in 2007 from Welcome Car Finance. Payments were originally £330 approx a month.

In I think 2009 my partner and I had a change of circumstances and could no longer afford the full repayments. We went to our local branch at the time and they said they could lower our payments untill are situation improved. They knocked down our payments to approx £120 a month. It was not untill a while later that we noticed that they had re-financed the car although we was not told of this.

Anyway we carried on paying the £120 a month till approx mid 2011. In the end we could not afford to pay anything.

By 2012 the car was off road and registered with a Sorn. We moved about Oct 2012 to our present address. The car has stayed off road on a friends drive. We have now decided to sort the situation out one way or another with the car. When we moved to this address we sent a letter to Welcome Finance with our new address. Since then we have had no contact from them at all. The last letter we received from them was probably at the beginning of 2012 stating what was owed on the car still approx £10000.

I checked today with mycarcheck.com to see if it was possible to sell the car and pay off some of the finance and the car is showing as having no outstanding finance. Now I am confused. No contact from them in 2 years and no finance showing on hpi vehicle check. I paid £9.95 with the company mycarcheck.com and got my report through for the car.

Am I able to sell the car or have other consumers had the same issue with Welcome Car Finance.

Sorry its a long story.

Thanks Jay

Hi there,

I purchased a car in 2007 from Welcome Car Finance. Payments were originally £330 approx a month.

In I think 2009 my partner and I had a change of circumstances and could no longer afford the full repayments. We went to our local branch at the time and they said they could lower our payments untill are situation improved. They knocked down our payments to approx £120 a month. It was not untill a while later that we noticed that they had re-financed the car although we was not told of this.

Anyway we carried on paying the £120 a month till approx mid 2011. In the end we could not afford to pay anything.

By 2012 the car was off road and registered with a Sorn. We moved about Oct 2012 to our present address. The car has stayed off road on a friends drive. We have now decided to sort the situation out one way or another with the car. When we moved to this address we sent a letter to Welcome Finance with our new address. Since then we have had no contact from them at all. The last letter we received from them was probably at the beginning of 2012 stating what was owed on the car still approx £10000.

I checked today with mycarcheck.com to see if it was possible to sell the car and pay off some of the finance and the car is showing as having no outstanding finance. Now I am confused. No contact from them in 2 years and no finance showing on hpi vehicle check. I paid £9.95 with the company mycarcheck.com and got my report through for the car.

Am I able to sell the car or have other consumers had the same issue with Welcome Car Finance.

Sorry its a long story.

Thanks Jay

Do not attempt to sell the car until you are certain of the status of the finance with Welcome.

Have you sent a request for your agreement and statement of account? If not that would be the first step. I full statement of account will reveal what has been paid and what is owed.

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!

Hi,

I think it would be good to send off for a SAR from Welcome. If they re-financed the car via a personal loan I would of presumed that this paid off the car finance.

Welcome added a lot of extras etc, all the charges etc can be reclaimed.

Sent it to their head office, it will cost £10 but in the end it would be well worth it.

JJ