Vodafone ex Singlepoint account showing incorrect default*RESOLVED*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently came to apply for a re-mortgage and was gobsmacked to be declined when I have never been late with or missed a payment for anything to my knowledge. On checking my credit report - which is otherwise perfect - there is a default showing from Vodafone ex. Singlepoint in November 2012.

I'm pretty certain this arose when Vodafone sent me an internet dongle a couple of years ago- which I didn't want, hadn't asked for and on receipt didn't work in my area due to poor signal! I phoned Vodafone and arranged to return the dongle. On my next bill there showed a rental for the dongle, so I phoned Vodafone again to confirm that they had received it back. They confirmed they had and that they would credit the month's charge and there would be no further charges made. Case closed.

In November 2012 I closed the Vodafone account as I was given a work mobile phone which I was allowed to use for personal calls. As I had been with them so long there was no cancellation fee and they confirmed the account would be closed. I destroyed the SIM card and disposed of the phone. A couple of months later a Debt Recovery Agency contacted me via my Mum's address (where I haven't lived for over 14 years!) to say they had been passed a debt of £110 by Vodafone to recover! I immediately phoned Vodafone who said they were unable to find the account, so it must be closed and settled and that I shouldn't worry about it. I never heard any more from the debt recovery agency and, perhaps somewhat naively, assumed it was all fine... until the failed mortgage application.

I am posting on here after more phone calls and visits to various Vodafone stores where I have had no help or assistance, I am at my wits end with this as it has destroyed what should be a perfect credit rating over £110! I don't believe I owe the money but to be honest I would just pay it to get rid of it off my credit report if that was the easiest way.

Thanks to Martin3030 for the info on previous threads and the sticky - I will now email all my details and the link to this thread as instructed and will re-post if I manage to get any response! Fingers crossed!

Hi and welcome to CAG

We have a VF rep on here who has had some good results.

Follow the instructions in the link below FULLY and post up the automated reply number you will get.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2013**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Well I've already had a phone call from Vodafone - very helpful so I'm quietly hopeful this will get resolved!

They have confirmed that the account was indeed settled with no money owing as I understood.

He (I didn't get his name as I was in the middle of doing something else when he rang, but I will get it and post it up later) said he will call me back when he has checked out what has happened and get it sorted out for me!

More to follow...

Lee,

Sorry to be awkward but is there any chance you could take a look at the thread that I started on here earlier today as I've had people look at at it but I've had no advice etc and I just need to know what the best course of action is. Cheers

Apologies to the person who started this post/thread for jumping in and asking for advice on my situation.

Many Thanks

Hi sturen,

Thanks for your time yesterday.

As promised, I'll get back in touch with you as soon as I have an update.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Thanks to Lee for getting back to me and resolving this issue. Vodafone have agreed that this default is incorrect and gave removed it from my idiot file! This has been updated on experian, I'm hoping it will show on equifax by tomorrow.

Thanks also to the CAG forum for helping me get this sorted!

Hi sturen,

Thanks for your time yesterday.

As promised, I'll get back in touch with you as soon as I have an update.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Well done.

I will mark this thread resolved but if anything changes, please let us know

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Vodafone's account has been suspended, you will not be able to contact Lee on the forum.

Perhaps phone Vodafone and ask to speak to one of their Social Media reps.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert