UKCPS Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I would appreciate some advice on this matter regarding a private car park where I am actually a resident.

I have a parking spot which is part of my property.

I went to the car park to park my son's car in my spot while he was away on holiday. Someone had taken my space so I put his car in a visitor spot. I came back later to put his car in my space and the battery had gone flat. I had been given a parking ticket by UKCPS and a £60 fine if I paid within 14 days. I had to leave it there while he was away on holiday, and when he returned we moved his car.

Now they want £100 because I ignored the ticket.

I phoned the management company for the flats and they said they make no money out of the parking fines and it was out of their hands.

I pay service charges and am entitled to park in this car park. Should I still be made to pay this fine which incidentally is in my son's name.

Sorry if this seems complicated

Jo x

Its not a fine. Its a speculative invoice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You dont owe UKCPS a penny as they dont have any rights over your property. If the visitor spot is paid for when used then you might owe the freeholder a couple of pence but I'm guessing that they are just extra spaces that are not allocated and were there because that is what the Building Regs said when the flats were built so no-one has lost out.

You could write back to UKCPS and tell them to get lost as there is no contract that allows them to charge you a bean. I bet the management co invited these bandits to "manage" the parking so there will be no contract in place that would allow then to do as they are doing as the freeholder has all rights not included in the leases but the majority of people are not wise to that so pay up. I doubt if they will progress the matter otherwise their little [problem] will become public knowledge and they will lose an income stream.

Thank you both for this information. I did have an idea that their fines are not enforceable but wanted to be sure. I have written to the management company telling them I will fight this and am seeking legal advice. I feel a whole lot better now

Jo x

OK, for starters it is not a fine and the nearest they can get to a fine is an unlawful penalty to a contract. Try and avoid using the term and you will then feel better about it and make it easier for yourself to say no as you will remind yourself that there is no power behind their demands.

I received a ticket today as my wifes work building car park is split allocation for her company side and the other side for the other company who operate from the same building. Initial £60 otherwise £100 as you all know. I'm reluctant to pay considering all the other posts on here. I got to the workplace at 11:05, got earful off missus for being late, i parked where I saw a spot which was in 'their' part of the car park. The ticket says it was issued at 11 although I wasn't even there then. Seems like a ticket spy was say waiting and watching. I was in the building for 5mins and then left the site. I'm thinking of going all the way with ignoring their threatograms. Is this the right way about it?

Keep the ticket but do not contact them. Let them do all the running at their own expense. There is a set procedure they have to follow so if you get a demand through the post make a note of the date of the postmark on the envelope and come back here for further advice. There are pleny of reasons as to why this demand is flawed, if they bother to contact you advice on the best method of batting them off will be given.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

two months down the line and I have ignored all correspondence from UKCPS. This morning I received a claim form from UKCPS in the form of a money claim online form issued by Northampton county court. I looked into and see that they are attempting to make me pay through this government scheme and the amount they want from me now stands at £175.

I previously contacted the management of the flat car park where I am a resident and they said they have no powers to stop this, so I am now in the process of ignoring all the letters.

This last letter kind of looks legal but I am not sure if it holds any water

I believe if you go onto the money claim on-line site you can download the forms to send to people.

I am wondering if anyone else has had experience of this. and if so is it another bluiff or is it enforceable?

thanks

do NOT ignore this, it has nothing to do with the government, there is no scheme, it is a county court claim and anyone can do that so you must defend it otherwise the consequences will be very serious for you. Easiest thing to do at the moment is to post up the particulars of claim so we know what they are alleging that you owe money for. The EXACT wording is important and your defence can be quite simple but we will need to see UKPCS's evidence when it comes.

Basically you can send back the form as an acknowledgement of service and say that a detailed defence will be sent in the required time. This gives you a couple more weeks to contact UKPCS and demand evidence of contract between UKPCS and the occupiers of the land, which is you. They will probably say they have a contract with the managing agents but this is worthless to them in this case as the agents have no powers to make contracts that impinge upon your property rights.

You will get an allocation questionnaire, do not ticj the arbritration route as it is not relevant and could go against you and that way it forces UKPCS to pay up and make their case or scurry off back under their stone.

Hello my ticket was just before new year I was advised not to pay and not to reply or appeal against it as soon as you do they will keep contacting you with letters fingers crossed as of yet I haven't heard anything from ukcps and I gored mine as I was advised as they are not enforceable only a private firm if you are unsure seek advice from citizens advice bureau hope this helps

Hello my ticket was just before new year I was advised not to pay and not to reply or appeal against it as soon as you do they will keep contacting you with letters fingers crossed as of yet I haven't heard anything from ukcps and I gored mine as I was advised as they are not enforceable only a private firm if you are unsure seek advice from citizens advice bureau hope this helps

Read the advice on your thread Bubblehead.

You have not understood it.

Tooben- you have to respond to this. Read ericsbrothers advice and act on it.

• 1 month later...

I have just got back from my holidays to have a letter waiting from UKCPS in which they say in brief

"After review of your parking charge appeal we have decided to cancel ..This is a one time gesture of good will and will not be repeated on future occasions...................." WooHoo !!

I supposed they realised that to issue a notice due tu upside down disabled badge was a ridiculous and no court in the land would up hold this charge.

And I was so looking forward to a battle :) ah well........

good luck to everyone else on this thread - don't let people / companies like this wear you down... hope you all get a result like mine.

Love how they word it to make themselves look like the good guys, when in fact they are the problem.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I know hysterical isn't it but we know better...

sadly in many cases they bully / frighten people into giving in and that is why they get away with it . Sad but true ....I personally do not respond to threats or bullying tactics ..... I hope that more people stand up to them

UKCPS have been ordered by Savilles to drop a court case bought against a disabled motorist with a disabled son. That's how "ethical" UKCPS are. Savilles are also the land-agents who gave UKCPS the boot from the Elk Retail Park Oldham for "aggressive ticketing and harrasment of customers." back in 2010.