Next or Lowell given this default?? Options??

tallguy79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, firstly thanks for any help and advice you may give.

I have a settled default at the moment on my credit file which I'm desperately trying to get removed as I am after a mortgage and as most will know trying to get one with a default is impossible.

On my credit file it shows this

LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD Who's this?

Entry Number: C7 | Account Updated to: 22/09/2013

Name:

Address:

Date of Birth:

Account Type: Mail order

Started: 17/11/2008

Current Balance: Satisfied

Default Date: 08/06/2012

Default Balance: £383

Now I sent a grovel letter to Next and they where kind enough to send back a reply which has helped to a certain degree. A while ago I did another post and someone said it was Next that defaulted me, yet they say they didn't. Here is their reply.

190001_zpse20d6de5.jpg

190002_zps015dfcdc.jpg

So really guys should I send the same grovel letter to Lowell and hope for the best? whilst doing this should I put a copy of what Next sent me too.

Thanks all in advance

Hi

When a debt is sold to s debt collection agengy (lowell in this case) the date of default stays the same but the name of the debt owner changes.

The question is, were you defaulted by Next in 2012 or was it earlier?

Lowell are not known for their compassion and to be honest, they are more likely to sell their Grandmothers into slavery than remove a default.

Did you have charges added to this account?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox and thanks.

If it was earlier than that I can't be sure to be honest, I'd have to find out some how.

The original shows the debt was £283 then it looked like Lowell put this up to £383 once they took over maybe. As when I settled it it showed the extra £100 which must be their costs possibly

You know those costs are unlawful right and you dont need to pa them. Its a trick lowell use to make a nice profit on a debt the probably bought for £10

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D