Vanquis Credit Card - accepted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Gay_guy1986

Don't get buying any T shirt with it :lol:

Serious

Be carefully with a CC ....

Capital One upped by credit limit to £10,000 with in the space of 5 years or so,nice to have it mind you the most I ever used on it was 400 quid for a new telly ...

Always pay the minimum balance or more and by the due date !

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Despite whats happened over the past 5 years or so with the banks and so on

Credit is Still far too easy to obtain and folk will just end up in debt when they realizes it's too late and they can't even afford to pay the minimum balance back !

One thing I would never do with a CC is "Withdraw Cash" and how fast and expensive the interest mounts up :mad2:

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• 4 months later...

Just install a shredder on your letter box so that it disposes of the card before you get the chance to spend on it, Vanquis are not the answer to repairing a credit rating, they will more than likely trap you into something so you end up in financial troubles.

Just install a shredder on your letter box so that it disposes of the card before you get the chance to spend on it, Vanquis are not the answer to repairing a credit rating, they will more than likely trap you into something so you end up in financial troubles.

here here!:-)

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 1 month later...

My husband was accepted and got the card through etc. Now he cannot speak (due to an operation on his throat for cancer) so he thought he could just activate either online or by touch phone (neither of which they offer).

So i phoned up, explained the situation and they said i could speak on his behalf providing he filled out a consent form. Duly did this and returned it. Phoned and phoned to which they said, oh it can take up to 14 days to process as the department is very busy!

Now more than a month on, they are still saying that they need to speak to him (despite what i've told them) so am now returning the card back to them with a letter of complaint.

Not trying to be clever, but what was to stop him getting a neighbour or family member to speak for him over the phone (obvs him providing them with the details)? I mean, how would they know it was him or not?

Anyone else had this experience?