BCW Verification Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

This is my first time posting here.

So I got this letter a day ago which is addressed to myself and one of my flat mates from University with which I shared a flat with.

The letter has his name and mine and also has the address I used to live at up until early May 2013 as well as the address I currently live at.

The letter states the following:

Dear X (my name) Y (his name)

We are trying to contact X Y with regards to a private matter. We have confirmed your address through a credit link obtained via a credit reference agency as being the same person who previously lived at the original address above.

Please contact us on 0844 571 4658 quoting the aboce reference number and one of our operators will be avalable to take any relevant details to resolve the matter.

If you believe that you are not our customer, please contact us as soon as possible on 0844 571 4058 to enable us to amend our records and remove your address from our system file.

Yours faithfully

David Smith

For and on behalf on Buchanan Clark & Wells

I can't remember any debt or anything whatsoever really.

What is the best course of action in your opinion?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

ignore it until something solid comes . Its a phishing letter.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

My only concern is I am quite young and I am trying to build up a credit rating.

Is this going to hit it negative in any way?

Thanks for the swift reply renegadeimp, really appreciate it.

Regards

if its not showing now

it can't magically appear.

dca's just cant put debts on they THINK you owe.

I would suggest as its targeting two of you that lived in a share

its a spoof utils bill.

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You could always send them this... Wait for someone with more experience than me to confirm first. But I sent this to Moorcroft and they folded straight away. As this is a different DCA you may need to tweak the letter slightly. I generally agree with Dx and Renegadeimp. BCW tend to send more letters, then a reduced payment offer, then probably a letter from their Fake Solicitors (GBP Solicitors llp) and then go away.

Once piece of advice I do highly recommend in all seriousness... KEEP the envelopes!! It proves what postage was used (2nd Class) as their reduced settlement offer is normally requesting payment in 7 days but you receive it 4 or 5 days after the letter was sent (Date on the letter). This encourages a knee jerk reaction. To which you now know not to bite too... :madgrin:

Here is the letter I sent to Moorcroft if you want to send it. But please do wait for advice from the more experienced first. Good luck. we'll all look after you here :-)

Thank you for your recent correspondence which was received by me on via Second Class Post (If it was sent via Second, BCW normally do) quoting reference number:

Your letter references a matter involving and yourselves but contains no further information or reference to a specific matter. You also allege that I am involved in the matter but have supplied me with absolutely NO evidence to explain why you think this is the case! I therefore cannot confirm my position in regards to this matter based on the fact that the only information you have supplied is and that both yourselves and allegedly myself are somehow implicated. Your letter states that you obtained my details from a Credit Reference Agency. This has obviously been done without my consent to a credit check of which I have duly noted your letter as an admission of this.

Having done a quick “Google” of , I have come to a firm conclusion that more than 1 entity with the name exists in the United Kingdom. It is also highly doubtful that this name is exclusive to the United Kingdom.

So therefore I would like to inform you that my position in the matter is quite frankly uninterested, as you have given me absolutely no reasoning or substance to justify contacting me and wasting my time!

If you still believe I am the person you are looking for, Please provide me with a detailed explanation of why you think this is the case and some form of evidence of my involvement. I further demand if you are able to supply this information that you explain the matter in EXTREME DETAIL as to your reasoning for contacting me.

Please supply this information to the above address within the next 7 calendar days. I trust you will now conduct yourselves appropriately.

Yours Sincerely,

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

to be perfectly frank

i'd not contact them or anyone else

in anyway shape or form

its a phishing letter.

don't forget

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Had a feeling you'd say that Dx :wink:

I still recommend however keeping the envelopes on the VERY slim chance that anything like a Court Claim comes out of this. As I said, I've ignored BCW Before, then GBP Solicitors LLP and nothing came in the form of a Court Claim and the letters stopped long ago. I made my own thread a while back here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?393784-BCW-Verification-Letter&highlight=BCW+Verification+Letter

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

one if not both of those are now defunct

yes ofcourse keep the letters envs etc.

dx

and they

For now I'll follow your suggestions and not contact anyone.

As a side note they have my name wrong in the letter.

They have my correct Last Name and almost correct First Name. Don't know if that's relevant but I thought I should add this as well.

P.S. To be a bit more clear an example of the name error would be something like John instead of Johnathan.

Regards

Edited by Shiverous

One more thing I need to add is my friend contacted the gas and electricity company and apparently the accounts have been paid for and are closed, so it is not a gas/electricity bill.

If its not that then I really have no idea what it could be.

Regards

See my previous post and stop worrying.

Its probably a very old debt that they have no chance of collecting. Proof of this is the letter you had.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

they often have the wrong person but send out letters to everyone in a geographical area with similar names hoping that someone will reply and submit to their demands, whether that is the right person or not, they dont care as long as someone pays.