LIFT AND GLOW PRO - LLOyds say tough luck!!

harvfoz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:sad:Hi,

I too have been diddled by this company.

I paid the £1.99 x 2 (for serum and cream from facebook ad) on 11th dec and received them.

on the 27th Dec saw that they had taken 2 lots of £87.

I am soooooooooo angry.

I rang up my bank (Lloyds) and they knew the company (they knew it was a trial and that I had accepted the terms and conditions

- although obviously I didn't know this!) and

they said that if any further payments were taken then these would be refunded as they would be watching my account.

I asked if there was anything I could do about my 2 x £87 and they said no.

I have read about chargeback....should I try this? d

o I send a letter or ring them?

Has anyone been successful with Lloyds?

I cannot believe this company can get away with this.

I managed to speak to someone (in the usa I think) as I rang the 0808 number.

I said I was disgusted with the product and demanded my money back and wanted to cancel my 'subscription'.

I have received a letter saying no further cream will be sent.

He also said that I would be contacted within 24 hours by the customer service team.

I have not heard anything.

I am desperate for help....I cannot believe I have got myself into this!! :evil:

Hi,

I am another sad conned person. I too have been conned by this company. I paid the £1.99 x 2 (for serum and cream from fb ad) on 11th dec and received them. I then on the 27th Dec saw that they had taken 2 lots of £87. I am soooooooooo angry. I rang up my bank ,Lloyds, and they knew the company (they knew it was a trial and that I had accepted the terms and conditions - although obviously I didn't know this!) and they said that if any further payments were taken then these would be refunded as they would be watching my account. I asked if there was anything I could do about my 2 x £87 and they said no.

I have read about chargeback....should I try this? do I send a letter or ring them? Has anyone been successful with Lloyds? I cannot believe this company can get away with this. I managed to speak to someone (in the usa I think) as I rang the 0808 number. I said I was disgusted with the product and demanded my money back and wanted to cancel my 'subscription'. I have received a letter saying no further cream will be sent. He also said that I would be contacted within 24 hours by the customer service team. I have not heard anything.

I am desperate for help....I cannot believe I have got myself into this!!

Hi....I forgot to say....I am not sure whether I am to receive a second bottle of each cream or if the £87 was for the 15ml trial one. I haven't sent the first trial ones back. Should I? or do I take all this up with my bank and fight the bank with chargeback? I will def send the second bottles back if I get them.

I am determined to get my money back! I have seen that 'lovesanimals' was successful - that's great and has given me a tiny little bit of hope.

x

yes do a chargeback or a CPA..

Regulator orders Banks and mutuals to review complaints about not cancelling recurring payments from November 2009.

Consumers who have set up a regular payment from their account will now be able to successfully cancel that arrangement

by contacting their card provider, the Financial Conduct Authority said.

The FCA has been examining how easy it is for customers to cancel Continuous Payment Authorities (CPAs)

due either to payday lendersicon or for other regular payments such as subscriptions or gymicon memberships.

CPAs, which are also commonly called recurring transactions or recurring payments,

are relatively easy to set up but can be hard to cancel, causing problems for consumers trying to manage their finances,the FCA said.

Now, following the FCA review of how the largest high street banks and mutuals process requests to cancel CPAs, they have agreed that they will ensure that when a customer asks for a recurring payment to end, that will be sufficient to cancel the arrangement. They have also confirmed that should a payment go through by mistake following cancellation by a customer the customer will be refunded immediately.

In addition to securing this commitment, the largest banks and mutuals have agreed to review every individual complaint they have received about the non-cancellation of a CPA and to pay redress where payments have continued to be made despite the customer cancelling the arrangement. This applies to all complaints since November 2009 when the Financial Services Authority, the FCA’s predecessor, began regulating banking conduct.

Clive Adamson, the FCA’s director of supervision, said: “It’s important that consumers are confident that banks are meeting their everyday banking needs. Today customers can be confident that when they ask for a Continuous Payment Authority to be cancelled – it will be cancelled - and that it can be done easily.

“We recognise that historically this is an area where some customers have struggled but the banks and mutuals have responded positively to our work on this issue. From now on we expect them to be getting this right. In addition, they have committed to review past complaints.”

CPA

Also mentioned your displeasure that as whomever took your money had obviously attempted this many times

probably activating your banks own anti fraud software - nobody had the decency to inform my you this was going on.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you for your quick reply. I have read what you have posted about chargeback ....but am I correct in hoping I can use this argument for the 2 lots of £87 taken BEFORE I told the bank to stop letting them take money? From how it reads I am under the impression that this argument is for when money is taken after a bank has been told not to allow it?

thanks so much for your time and help :)

CPA not chargeback

chargeback for the first payment

CPA the rest

they MUST comply read the CPA link.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks again but I am still confused!! Sorry!

When you talk about the first payment do you mean the £1.99 or the first lot if 2 x £87?

I think I have already been successful stopping further amounts of £87 being taken

but I want to try and get the £175 back that they took out of my account after the 14 days.

Seems that CPA is about successfully stopping future payments being made.

I don't want to take up too much of anyone's time so if anyone can help advise me as to which route to take I will be most grateful. I am confused.

Thanks and happy new year!

typically you give them the card number

the first payment uses that...reclaimable by chargeback.

any following payments are taken by the

resultant continuous payment authority in the small print of their T&C's

you CAN GET THEM ALL BACK.

read the CPA link.

dx

and they