help 13k debt husband and wife please help us out of this hell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all were new to the site just wanted to say happy new year to everyone and hope it’s a good year for everyone

Also thanks to the founders and people who run and maintain this site it’s a real credit to you all well done. Been reading through the site for the last 5 days as advised and there is some real remarkable stuff on here again well done to everyone.

What we want is to become debt free in 2014

We would like…. anybody who has the time to look through are debts and see if they could point us in the right direction of what to do with each one

See if there is illegal charges added on help us claim them back etc

Help us with letters to the creditors to see if we can set up payments after we have agreed what should be paid and which is fair

Also we would like advice on the CRA files to point out if anything is wrong on there and how to address the issues

For the last 9 years we have been students at college then UNI and we have took a lot of debts basically to just get by and survive

We have both now graduated last year and have set up a small business which is doing ok thank god

Are fiancés are finally ok so we would like to move forward with are children debt free and get are credit ratings sorted for the future.

Ill start by listing my debts then my husbands with as much info as possible for each one

We have around 13k of debt between us.

Myself £8163.44 x8 Debts.

Husband £4949 x9 Debts combined total £13,112.44.

Here goes me first.

Wife debt 1 Bright house -- caver sham finance LTD ; £1343

what these have done is put separate defaults on the CRAs for the separate accounts. These have passed the account to sigma red limited who have wrote out on the 13/11/13 and last letter dated 18/12/13 saying that they will invite to make a 50% reduction payment of £672 .39 as a settlement of the debt we have not made any contact with sigma red ltd or brigh thouse since April 2013..

CRAs all 3 have the debts listed as

1 start date 18/10/10 default 29/5/13 updated 1/11/13 balance £146

This we believe is for a fridge freezer we have made 126 regular weekly payments of around £16 per week with their break down cover included in this off 156 weeks took out.

2 start date 24/4/2012 default 29/5/13 updated 1/11/13 balance £424

This is for a laptop we made 52 weeks payments of £12 out of 156 weeks agreed for this item including the break down cover

3 start date 15/2/2013 default date 29/5/13 updated 1/11/13 balance £773

This is for a sofa we made 1 payment of £30 then we had to move through personal issues we never and still haven’t contacted bright house.

DEBT 2 wife me Perfect homes temple finance LTD Debt £4997

Perfect homes have listed 3 separate debts and defaults on my CRAs files instead of a combined debt these have not been contacted since we moved home as we were unable to make payments and are personal circumstances at the time were bad

1 start date 13/10/2010 default 3/6/2013 updated 1/10/13 Debt / balance £341

This was for a cooker we made 126 payments for this cooker out of 156 payments at £15 a payment. Half way through paying this 1st cooker broke so they gave us a reposed cooker same type but they added extra debt to this cooker because they charged us disconnection of old cooker and installing new cooker

2 start date 13/2/13 default 3/6/2013 updated 1/10/13 debt/balance £3742

This debt is for a 3d tv we made no payments as first month was no payments

3 start date 20/9/12 default 3/6/2013 updated 1/10/13

Debt/balance £914

This is for a washing machine we made 26 weeks payments for this washing machine @£12 per week including there insurance/break down cover the agreement was 156 weeks

We have not contacted perfect homes since we moved in march 2013 we would like some advice on how to deal with company from the outset

DEBT 3 WIFE ME Provident Personal Credit Debt £992 combined debt

Provident have this down has 2 separate debts on the the all CRAs these are dwn on CRAs as SATISFIED but there accounts were never paid off in full what does this mean ?

1 start date 11/7/09 defaulted 16/10/2011 updated 6/6/12 debt/balance was £526 dwn on CRAs as satisfied

2 start date 25/11/09 defaulted 16/10/2011 updated 6/6/12 debt/balance was £466 down on CRAs as satisfied

I have not finished payments on this debt yet down as satisfied what does it mean and what is the effects ?

DEBT 4 WIFE ME Capquest investments LTD DEBT £93

Listed on all CRAs

Start date 1/9/2009 defaulted 1/4/10 updated 2/12/13

This debt was for a sim card wich was never used or activated there was a 30 day cancelation period but wasn’t cancelled in this period the debt has been passed from capquest investments to PAST DUE DEBT RECOVERY LTD first letter from past due was jan 2012 then a second letter from past due in feb 2012 stateing there willing to nock 50% off the debt if settled in 14 days of letter.

DEBT 5 WIFE ME Greenwoods ltd personal credit DEBT £360

Listed on all CRAs

Start date 10/8/2009 defaulted 10/5/2009 updated 28/9/2009

This was for a personal loan taken out in 2009 the payments were not finished I have a letter from green woods dated the 29/3/2012 stating the debt was for £320 arrears yet appears on CRAs as £360

DEBT 6 WIFE ME communications supplier virgin media Debt £119

Listed on all CRAs

Start date 11/6/2010 default date 24/11/2010 updated2912/2010

This debt I cant ever remember taking this out and there was certainly no written signature from me or my partner on any contract of agreement what should I do with this debt as I never signed a contract ?

MINE FINISHED ………………………….

HUSBANDS DEBTS £4949 X9 DEBTS

HUSBAND DEBT 1 virgin media group £179 on all CRAs

Start date 6/12/2007 defaulted 10/2010 updated 7/12/2010

Now this debt has been listed on all CRAs as wrong surname (spelt wrong) wrong D.O.B. As this is a 2007 debt is it now statue barred too ? . This debt was passed to SRJ debt recovery on 14/1/2011

Then Moorcroft on the 3/11/10 had no further correspondence.

HUSBAND DEBT 2 Communications Lowell (02 mobile) DEBT £720

On all CRAs

start date 6/6/2010 Defaulted 19/12/2010 updated 24/11/2011

This started as an 02 mobile phone and was passed to Lowell ltd these may now own this debt as its them that’s registered it on CRAs it was passed to wescott 2/5/2011 then mucky hall 17/2/2012 then advantis 16/4/2012 last letter from scotcall 22/4/2013 saying home visit……..

HUSBAND DEBT 3 communications Lowell (02 mobile) £900 DEBT

On all CRAs

Start date 6/6/2010 defaulted19/12/2010 updated 24/11/2011

This started as 02 mobile debt which was passed to Lowell think they own it as its them on CRAs file . first leete off Lowell on 6/10/2011 then went to mucky hall 16/1/2012 then advantis 16/4/2012 last letter from debt managers(services)ltd dared 18/4/2013 doorstep visit letter.

HUSBAND DEBT 4 CAPQUEST LTD DEBT £107 (orange mobile)

On all CRAs

Start date 13/3/2010 defaulted 12/12/2010 updated 14/11/2011

This is an orange mobile debt passed to past due ltd on 26/9/2012 last letter off zinc credit management dated 22/10/2013 asking for contact

DEBT 5 HUSBAND Mail order shop direct Lowell DEBT £381 catalogue

on all CRAs

start date 20/3/2010 defaulted 13/12/2010 updated 26/01/2011

This balance opened as £220 from catalogue then Lowell asked for £260 its been passed to numerous debt collection agencies and the balance is now £381 on CRAs last collection letter was from Frederickson international ltd on 20/2/13 letter before action is title.

DEBT 6 HUSBAND virgin media communications DEBT £67

On all CRAs

Start date 3/7/2009 default date 9/10/2010 updated 2/11/2010

This has my wrong DOB on the CRAs last letter from SRJ debt recoveries on 21/03/2011 no correspondence since then

DEBT 7 HUSBAND DWP LOANS DEBT £1000

This is still with DWP not on CRAs

These are loans ive had whilst on benefits what should I do with these as im no longer on benefit to have deductions taken

DEBT 8 HUSBAND wonga .com DEBT £514.16

This debt is not on CRAs

Started in 23/3/2012 borrowed £270.50 for 7 days to pay back £289.13 wonga wrote out in 2nd april 2012 asking for £314 has now been passed to collection agency portfolio recovery associates last letter dated 27/11/13 asking for £514.13

DEBT 9 HUSBAND wage day advice express finance £766

This Debt is not n CRAs

Took out pay day loan in February 2011 for £366 Frederickson wrote out in march 2011 asking for £625

Then Bryan carter solicitors a month later asking for same amount £625 then Frederickson international asking for £625

Now motor mouth finance are pestering me 15-20 times a day with automated messages requesting £766 last letter dated 8/12/2013

All the above debts have not been contacted in any way before we did we were advised to seek help on this site first so we are hoping you all can help on what to do next we are very organised now and each debt is numbered and filed ready for what is to come to aid the process

We can afford £200 per month to all these debts as a starting point at the end of January 2014 if are business continues to do well we aim to clear each debt in full one by one but we wish to pay what is fair and ask your help in identifying and illegal costs entry’s etc and if the are claims to be made we will certainly see them through

Any help will be appreciated thanks for looking guys

Just at a glance, you have a few debts where you can reclaim charges and interest and will wipe out most of those specific debts.

You also seem to have a few unenforceable debts, but you would need to CCA them to be sure.

my advice would be to CCA everyone who is chasing you apart from telephone contracts. As a general rule, especially with catalogue debts and brighthouse etc, if a settlement/discount is offered then there is something very very wrong with that debt. Normally chock full of unfair charges/PPI/insurances etc that can all be reclaimed at the interest rate they charged you, and normally completely wipe out the debt. The DCA's hope you dont realise this which is why they harass you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Imp is right... Wonga wont go near a court, Mackenzie hall is the parent company of PRA and they are bottom feeders on bottom feeders.

DWP ... Its kinda hard to say... I had a debt with them and paid them off and they were very pleasant in dealing with me. (Dealt direct of course)

Motormile Finance... Dont even start with them... Anything they do is pretty much unlawful.

Imp was right about Brighthouse and Perfect home etc, time to get claiming.

PRovident, not so sure on them, i havent really heard or dealt with any DCA for them so i dont know what they are like.

Telephone accounts, Im slightly concerned about the Lowell accounts, They total over £750 so May attempt Bankruptcy , so i would keep an eye out for them. SAR the original creditors, IE O2, Orange etc

Virgin Media.. Not 100% sure.. May end up with someone like PDCS etc, (PAst due credit solutions)

PErsonally, take a visit here; http://www.stepchange.org/

But only do it once youve got the facts as like IMP said, you could probably knock most of these off.

Notice though the defaults will remain for 6 years, the best thing you can do is satisfy the debts that need to be done :)

Also im sorry if some of the above isnt very helpful.

Edited by fkofilee

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Once you have all of the information regarding your debts, that you have claimed back any unlawful PPI and/or charges, you will need to obtain in writing from each Creditor that you are willing to pay via a Full and Final settlement.

Make sure that the letter says that the remainder of the debt will not be sold on or collected in the future and will be written off.

You can also ask that any defaults be removed as well (you may get lucky) as part of your letter offering the F&F, otherwise the defaults will remain regardless of whether you have paid or not.

Make sure everything is in writing and states everything before paying any money.

Do not phone any DCA and if they phone you refuse to go through the DPA questions and just say "In writing only" and hang up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

The main thing you need to do is get the correct info for each debt and not rely on the silly puerile threats from the creditor or DCA. Every single company you have listed are well known for lying and adding on bogus charges.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Consumer credit agreement. It is a legal request that costs £1 and demands they provide the necessary paperwork they must hold in order to pursue the debt through the court system should it ever get that far.

A general, but not overruling rule of thumb is no CCA, no pay.

Thanks for the advice guys realy appreciated

could somebody give me some guidance please

EXAMPLE

husband debts 2.5.8 SEND THIS LETTER DEBTS 1.4.7 SEND THIS LETTER CRA VIRGIN MEDIA STAUE BAREED SEND THIS TO CRAs

just so we n exactly what were doing ALSO WHATS CCA STAND FOR

THANKS GUYS

cca request

click it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

THANKS

so do you recommend I send off for one of these from every debt listed apart from DWP ovecourse ?

when I have these agreements what should I do the jargon will be hard to interpret I think ?

if these were your debts with the knowledge you have how would y approach each one like wife debts 1.4.6. send this letter step 1 etc can you help

thanks I realy appreciate your time

Hiya again. Im off work tomorrow so ill go through each debt for you step by step so we can get this sorted. Be aware though, that you will need to check for every bit of paperwork you have regarding each debt. This includes statements so we can see just how much unlawful charges the DCAs have added. If you dont have the statememnts, then you will have to send the original creditor SAR which costs £10 and demands they give you all info they hold on you.

thanks DX

question there is 18 debts in total some are that old how will I know who is the original creditor shall I send to the DCAs who sent me the last letter I received

what is the process once we have these agreements what do we do with it the terminology is out of my league im afraid I cant interpret the jargon

yes that's fine and thank you were ready for this and prepared to fight to get this sorted

we have filed all the debts listed 1-9 wife 1-9 hubby in files ready to record all correspondence and store letters we send too

we also have white boards up with them listed the same with totals on and actins to be completed

ready for the process so we can see clearly were we are going and access everything upon you and the sites request

we are 100% determined to get this sorted and claim back the right and pay whats fair thank you for giving us your time

Ok. Sounds like you are on the right track. If nobody else has replied when i log on tomorrow morning, ill break your debts down one by one for you. Like i said earlier, just at a glace i can see a fair few debts that are full of unfair charges that you can reclaim or they are on very shaky ground, which is why the DCAs are offering a discount.

one thing i will ask though, is can you post up all dates you have for each debt? Specifically the date you took out each loan or finance etc, and the last date you made a payment and written acknowledgement that the debt was yours/ Written ack is when you write to the creditor and expressly refer to the debt as 'mine' or 'my account'. Phone calls dont count.

Theres a fair bit of work to do to get these debts dealt with, but if you're up for it, we can have them dealt with pretty easily.

yes we are certainly up for it

we have in each file all the paperwork we can find for the debts

there is a few there that we have no paperwork for.

when we checked the CRAs that's when we seen them we've spent the past week digging and digging and organising ready for this.

some we have the original CCA

but we will do whatever it takes to source all the information that's required and dig dig to get this sorted

each time you go into each debt ill forward what we have and ask whats needed if we don't

again thank you for giving us your time we are off work till the 6th so we have the time on are hands now to lay the foundations

when we return to work this will be part of are working day as job in progress pencilled in are daily dairys with are work stuff so we will be on this daily until the matter is fully resolved however long it may take

we realy appreciate your help we have a client who recommended the site ill find out his username he spoke so highly of CAG an he sent us here he let us know what is expected of us

he is now debt free and an extremely happy sole so thanks to you all again

Ok. get your paperwork in order and ill be around tomorrow to help, as will others :) For now, try and get a good nights sleep, im confident we can help you through this :)

we are getting all the CCA Letters NOW does anybody now good link for the creditors addresses

like bright house perfect homes virgin media etc

Also is it a good idea to CCA the DCAs if we cant find creditors addresses

thanks

you should send the CCA request to WHOMEVER YOU ARE PAYING.

if that's a DCa all the better.

if you click the main forum tab top left

then scroll down

you should see a forum for each 'named creditor'

in each of those forums in the top threads [

the stickes red/yellw title]

there are threads in each that give you the contact addresses to send the CCA requests too.

LEAVE ALL THE £1 Postal orders BLANK!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi guys

who do i make the cca letter out to at brighthouse?

Just send it to

Dear Sir/Madam and send it to their Head / Registered office which should be on their paperwork :) When you post these requests, ensure you obtain a Free proof of posting from the post office and keep it with your copy of the letter :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thats right :)

Sorry i got back to the thread late. Couldnt find it. Looking at the info now to see if i can help.

hi guys

I think I may have all the original agreements from perfect homes what is the next step for this debt ?

Also do I need to send a cca letter to my provident debt as its down on my cra as satisfied ?