Oakam Bonus loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Happy new year all. I took out a bonus loan with this company and I am in a position whrre I can now settle my loan early. Can anyone advise me if I would be entitled to a reduction in the interest payable for doing so? The bonus loan offers one payment back for every payment made on time every six payments. I currently pay 45.00 per week over 52 weeks. I have paid 10 weeks so far. I do not see why I should pay the full amount for paying early.

Any advice please

Hi

There is nothing on the website regarding early repayment. What do the terms and conditions of the loan say?

If you cannot find anything, I would suggest emailing them and ask for a settlement figure.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I remember that same situation with Oakam. It seems crazy that with even just a quarter of the loan period gone. It works out more expensive to settle in full than to pay the installments on the due date full the full duration of the loan period.

The fact that they give you a rebate of 1 payment after every 6 payments are made contributes to the situation. I would like to know if what they are doing is fair.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.