Offering monthly payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Both my husband and I have debts - ( second marriage )

- when a company asks for income and expenditure

- how do I deal with this ?

The house is in my name,

my husband pays maintenance for his child

and I have to support my youngest through Uni -

heating oil is really expensive

and we both have to drive to work so we have to have two cars

- any advice?

Can you give us more info on who is chasing you and the debts they are after? An I&E only needs to be very basic, depending on the company chasing you. PDL's for example only need to be very minimal. I&E's for secured loans or legitimate high value debts normally contain a bit more.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Me

RBS - Oliver Scott and Blair - 16k; enforceable

Husband

Arden - Chasing for Lombard Direct 1k

Lloyd's Bank - 6.5k - 3.5k and the rest is charges - all enforceable; complained to FOS and they upheld Lloyd's

Lloyd's Bank - £896 - have steadfastly refused to negotiate f&f and nor solicit ores are threatening legal action

That's it . A far cry from the 115k debt we found ourselves in when we first met 9 years ago.

Just trying to sort out the last little lot. None of these is a secured loan.

When you say the FOS found in favour of the bank, was that the actual ombudsmans decision, or the adjudicator?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As this is an 'us' situation, you both must write down exactly who and how much you owe money to.

You add up your joint income and take away the household bills in priority, mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities etc. What is left you divide amongst your creditors so they all get the same amount.

Don't be over zealous in the amount you have disposable, you need family maintenance and something for emergencies.

Now you 'tell' your creditors what you can afford and how much they will be getting. Send them a cheque with that amount and then set up standing orders so the payments continue.

It's not so much the amount but the reliability of the payments which is why you mustn't pay out too much. Only pay what you know you can afford without missing any further payments.

Have you checked your agreements? is there ppi or unlawful charges you can claim back off them? If you haven't, get all your paperwork together and go through it very carefully.

• 1 year later...

Not a lot really. They keep asking for I&E and I haven't given it to them. Couldn't make a payment in Feb because the car failed the MOT. Didn't make one last month because the washing machine broke. I write to them and told them , they put my account on hold. But they want I&E. And I don't want to include my husbands income. The debt has bugger all to do with him.

The debt is yours alone so they cannot ask ANYTHING of your husband tell them politely to do one

Can you now again list the current debts with better info please like what each one is and so on

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.