UKCPS try new [problem] - handing out fake POPLA codes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Parking Prankster has learned that parking operator UKCPS has been handing out fake POPLA codes. This is apparently a cynical move on UKCPS's part - handing out a fake POPLA code will mean it will be rejected by POPLA and may then mean a valid appeal cannot be lodged within the timescale or that the motorist will simply give up.

How to recognise a fake POPLA code.

All genuine POPLA codes are 10 digits long, and their format is described in a previous post. The fake POPLA codes are 9 digits followed by 1 letter. They therefore fit on the form, but will of course always be rejected by POPLA.

Read more

Edited by citizenB
Broken link restored

Wonder what a judge would say should this PPC ever try and go to court.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If challenged I bet they claim that it was a typing error or such like and that the real POPLA code was always readily available etc etc.

Just look at the practices of some of the debt collecting industry and you will see that the same companies make the same "errors" repeatedly but the regulators accet they are simple errors and do nothing.

• 4 weeks later...
If challenged I bet they claim that it was a typing error or such like and that the real POPLA code was always readily available etc etc.

Just look at the practices of some of the debt collecting industry and you will see that the same companies make the same "errors" repeatedly but the regulators accet they are simple errors and do nothing.

Exactly. "The error was due to the mistakes of a junior POPLA code processing clerk who has now been retrained / redeployed / retired (delete as appropriate before release). Scumco Parking are sincerely sorry to all our customers who were affected during this period, and we have learnt from the episode."

Is that idiot Peter still in charge there? Presumably he has got fed up with traipsing around the country being told by judges that his claims are invalid, and has now taken to this more convenient form of swindle. UKCPS are amongst the worst in what is generally a bad bunch.

Well well well Give them FA!, long time no see!!!!

yea he is, its me BL/NP :)

Hi! do you change your handle more often than I change my socks, lol! Been spending a fair bit of time abroad these days. The forums are a bit of a habit- if you don't visit regularly, then one gets out of the habit. However the mention of UKCPS lured me back......

There is an even better way to deal with those cowboys. Ignore everything you get from them. When will people realise that these private parking companies are not empowered by law in the way that Councils are? The "British Parking Association" which pretends to be a regulator is something they have set up themselves to give their business of issuing fake parking tickets a veneer of officiality; it has absolutely no statutory significance either.

Or on second thoughts if EVERYONE takes them to the independent tribunal- which costs them a hefty fee- and you nothing- and THEN ignores the result- as you are entitled to as it is not binding on you- we might be starting down the road of clearing these parasites out of the high street car parks.