Fredrickson International - Capital One

JonBek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sir,

I am trying to get some sensible feedback about how to deal with Fredrickson International

who seems to have been engaged by Capital One to collect a Credit Card debt that dates back to early 2011.

From April 2011 for some 6 months, I had sent some 17 letters to Capital One,

who then engaged a company called Cougar November 2011 and

from that date, I have heard nothing until 13 December 2013 when this company Fredrickson International appeared on the scene.

Fredrickson are threatening and very presumptuous, and have not responded to (in fact totally ignored) my letter sent to them on the 14 December 2013.

I should mention that in early 2011 I had successfully negotiated and Settled in full and finale payment with 9 (NINE) other Creditors

- Capital ONE being the ONLY Creditor to refuse to enter into any negotiation.

Whereas then I had funds to make a settlement with Capital One, now I do not.

Fredrickson International seem to almost delight in sending their automated letters at a time of year when obviously finances are at their most critical

and the stress of debt management is greatest.

The debt owed is not in dispute

- The manner in which Capital One conduct their business is ..

. Had they agreed a settlement in line with all the other 9 (nine) Creditors,

which I feel have set an obviously prescient, this situation would not exist.

Having not heard from them for over 2 years and then for them to engage a somewhat dubious firm like Fredrickson International

full of their threats and additional charges seems also unreasonable,

when I HAVE been trying to negotiate a Settlement while Capital One refuse.

I have no funds, I myself am owed significant money for unpaid Contracts, and we are living on Benefits.

I feel like taking them to Court, so I can explain my position to the Judge,

agreeing to make a £1.00 a month payment and then filing for Bankruptcy

- To be honest after the last 6 years I have suffered, it would be a relief !!!

Any suggestions please ?? - My regards...

Who owns the debt?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If you have no assets or finances, then BR might be one option.

Frederickson are indeed an unpleasant company. We normally see this company in cahoots with Bryan Carter (solicitor) and Lowells and Arrow Global (DCA).

Frederickson do not appear to read "debtor" letters. Or if they do, they totally ignore the content. All letters should be sent to their Head Office and you should always obtain at the very least, a free proof of posting so you have proof that the letters were sent by you.

You should insist on keeping any communication between you in writing so you have proof of what has been said. This is is your legal right, despite their attempts to get people to telephone them.

They should NOT be adding charges to your account. You might want to attempt to reclaim these in order to reduce any liability. Was there any PPI added to the Capone account at inception ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

cougar are cap1 in house dca.

so all they have done

in effect

is passed the debt for collection

to an external one.

std practice.

as freedies do not OWN the debt

they can safety be ignored

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

as to if freddies have added anything themselves, I doubt it

prob just PENALTY charges [late/over/letter] etc from cap1

all of which can be reclaimed.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How much are Freds chasing, have they been assigned only to collect/manage this account or have CAP 1 sold the account to a debt purchaser such as Arrow Global or Lowell which is their normal course of action.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi - Thank you for your response...

I want to try an avoid BR ("Bankruptcy") if possible as this will effectively prevent me from ever working in my Trade again

( I raise finance for Humanitarian Projects ),

in fact this is my Wife's debt,

her Credit is so bad it would make no difference her going Bankrupt anyway...

. However, I am trying to make a proper business attempt to settle a debt on behalf of my Wife

- WHAT gets me though is that I have made a number ( 17 in fact ) attempts to make a Full Settlement of this debt with Capital One

- They totally ignore it

whereas a further dozen or so additional Creditors (back in 2011) were all very happy to negotiate and were in fact all PAID

- Now surely that sets a precedent ?? ...

with all the problems I have suffered recently I no longer have any spare money to make any payment

- I DID in 2011

- It is only due to Capital One refusing to negotiate that they were not paid like the other dozen or so Creditors..

.. Now after two years of utter silence they give me little Notice and no option other than to deal with this rather puffed up and arrogant bunch of "Ambulance chasers"....

I have a great deal of evidence that proves Capital One have by their own action made the situation worse by THEIR action,

whereas I am doing nothing except trying to improve it..

. Engaging Fredrickson is both unnecessary in both cost and effort .

.. Had Capital One have made contact with me I would gladly have negotiated with them

- Now I feel like they are trying to be a bully and the trouble with bullies is they really do not like it when you hit back !

So I guess I will dance their dance and have my day in Court,

I just do not see any sensible Judge accepting that either Capital One or Fredrickson are acting in a way to productively solve this situation

- You can not get blood out of a stone..

. If my Wife went Bankrupt they would have spent a great deal of money for absolutely nothing

and the fault is clearly due to their own arrogance and ill-judged business ethics...

. There is always a point when chasing a debt has to be considered as to whether or not it is financially feasible

- Clearly in this case it is not, as my wife can take these guys to the wire and then just file for Bankruptcy

- They will get nothing..

.. I HATE BULLIES..

. I HATE CORPORATE BULLIES even more !!

Edited by JonBek

your wife going BK wouldn't effect you in anyway.

however.

I sincerely hope you sent a CCa request to all those other creditors before blindly paying them off.?

freddies don't own the debt so can do nothing to you.

ever sent cap1 a cca or even an sar to get all the statements?

could be lots of PENALTY charges & PPI to reclaim here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok. SO cap one still owns the debt.

Cancel ALL payments to freds, and send them a CCA request. Meanwhile, continue the £1 a month to cap one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

I don't know if you are aware of COBS

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?834-Fair-Treatment-for-Credit-Card-Holders-and-Borrowers

If you were to file a formal complaint to Cap1 with your wifes written authority to act on her behalf (if you haven't done so already) citing COBS rules, you may get somewhere.

Have a look at the link and see if it applies.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

COBS is linked (at number 5.) in my signature as well :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ladies and Gentlemen, I thank you and very much appreciate your help

BRIGADIER2JCS – Thank you …To respond;

1. The total debt is £4,170.98 – There are NO additional Charges, this is the STATEMENT value due to Capital One.

2. I do not believe Capital One have at this juncture SOLD the debt to a 3rd Party

dx100uk – Thank you… To respond;

1. I sincerely hope you sent a CCA Request to all those other creditors before blindly paying them off.?

a. What is a “CCA Request” what would this do ?

b. Each of the other Creditors were all settled and all agreed to the terms and conditions I set out in a Letter, which upon them accepting payment confirmed they all agreed to a Full and Finale payment and not to pursue for further funds in the future. None of them however, insisted in leaving a note on my Wife’s Credit File that the debt was now fulfilled, they would not agree to “wipe” my Wife’s file.

2. freddies don't own the debt so can do nothing to you.

a. OK….

3. ever sent cap1 a cca or even an SAR to get all the statements?

a. No, I have not…

b. I have asked in my letter to Fredrickson, for them to resend to me copies of the correspondence sent to me from Capital One during early 2011

4. could be lots of PENALTY charges & PPI to reclaim here.

a. A good idea a counter-claim is always an option, but the Capital One Credit Card was first activated 18 January 2008, so after 2007 >>

renegadeimp – Thank you and to respond ;

1. So we are clear – I am NOT making any payments to anyone in regards to this debt.

silverfox1961 - THANK YOU and to respond;

1. YES – This is exactly my point and I believe COBS may well be the route to take….

2. I am not disputing the Debt – But I am saying that at the time when I had funds, Capital One refused to negotiate

3. Now I do not have funds to make payment, they send in Fredrickson, who will incur greater costs and charges for THEIR SERVICES, chasing a debt that will clearly never be recovered – as my Wife will simply file for Bankruptcy, she will have no other choice.

4. HAD Capital One agreed – AS DID the other dozen or son Creditors, they WOULD have been paid.

5. Therefore it would seem pretty clear to me that Capital One have missed their opportunity and in doing so have been the architects of their own demise.

6. Chasing this debt is clearly only advantageous to Fredrickson and the Courts – as it will make no difference to my Wife’s Credit rating, in fact would after a few years (may be after just one Year these days) CLEAR her existing poor Credit File…. So in some ways is a better opportunity ???

citizenB - Thank you and in response;

1. Yes Sir, COBS… I note you are still referring too the FSA whereas of course today we have been lumbered with the same Guys in a different suite known now as the FCA….. Apart from the fact this lot should be disbanded and thrown into the sea, as they are clearly more responsible for the Banking and Financial mess than the Government is prepared to admit.

2. Anyway, yes I would think that under COBS we should have a very reasonable claim ??

3. So how would you make this know ? Or Apply ? Or make a complaint and to who ??