style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2115 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just totaled up my old business bank charges.

starting from 2001 up until 2005

They amount to about £1,600

Can I claim them back.

I still have all the bank statements.

Hi Fredrick,

I would not hold out much hope, since the result of the November 2009 Supreme Court ruling on Bank Charges it has been more difficult, but some payouts are still possible for those in financial hardship, though as your charges are from so long ago I very much doubt you would have much chance of getting these back.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Fred,

Have a look at these 2 links to our Library :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387431-Letter-before-Action-Removal-of-Charges-under-Hardship-criteria-BCOBs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387436-Letter-for-consideration-regarding-Hardship-or-Financial-Difficulty

I'm afraid the chances of reclaiming amounts going back to between 2001 and 2005 are zero.

If you are in Financial Difficulty now or since March 2011, you have a chance or reclaiming using BCOBs, or The Lending Code if there is any debt like an overdraft.

The only way you can reclaim penalty charges with any certainty is on credit card, bank loan or catalogue a/c's.

:-)

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)