was bankrupt can i move my morgage to another property of a lesser value with same mortgage company?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I went bankrupt 4 years ago and kept the house I know if i was applying for a new mortgage i would have no chance but i was wondering if it is possible to move my mortgage to another property it will be of lesser value than my current one and i dont intend to change mortgage company ????

Thanks for replies

Hi

yes no problem There is so much i learnt about going bankrupt best thing i ever done. i was owed 40k so had no choice but house was never really looked at it was put under a 3 year period i think of being able to be sold if required by the court or whoever it was but i believe that is standard.I think also that because i went bankrupt and not my wife then it could be transfered to her for a pound or something silly so it was not swallowed up but never needed to.It did seem very technical at the time but worked well for me