Crisis Loan - self employed

misscher34
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, My partner and I are self employed and I suffer from Raynaud's disease and kidney infections I need heat for this, oil heating as we have no open fire. My partner and I have next to zero money coming in at present through the business and even though we get £120 per week in tax credits it is really hard to obtain oil with bills etc. I have heard that the DHSS provide Crisis Loans to people on benefits, do you think we would be eligible? We also need a bed and there is no way that we can get credit. We have no kids and the business has made no profit from the last year, I know going on benefits would seem the better option as you can obtain budgeting loans etc but we want to make a success of our business and it is a struggle. I have been turned down for DLA, can anyone advise, we cant even afford to put an electric shower into the house as I am not on ESA/DLA.

Please help.

I am in Northern Ireland, it may be different here! thanks

The new rules regarding Social Fund loans have not yet affected Northern Ireland. So, if you need a bed, you could ask for a Budgeting Loan, see here.

If you need help for your bills, you would look here.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Have you tried your local Freecycle, plenty of people on our one (it is done by borough in London) getting rid of beds, sofas etc - pot luck whether you get anything but it is worth asking.

I got a lovely G Plan wall unit and matching sofa and reclining chair from ours, along with various other bits and pieces, including a nice fish tank (and fish!).

The new rules regarding Social Fund loans have not yet affected Northern Ireland. So, if you need a bed, you could ask for a Budgeting Loan, see here.

If you need help for your bills, you would look here.

Without a qualifying benefit, a budgeting loan is not an option.

Claiming JSA/ESA would only initially give a similar amount to the tax credits already being received, and a budgeting loan wouldn't be an option for 6 months. Not sure if a crisis loan would pay for heating oil - they would probably suggest electric heaters in the main living area, and would also say heating oil should be budgeted for.

Sorry not what you're wanting to hear.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop