HEWLETT-PACKARD (HP) - Wrong model delivered, what are my rights?

octoberse7ven

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First post here, hopefully won't be bashed about.

I've spoken to a Legal&Tax helpline (bundled with my current account - before posting here) this afternoon but they couldn't be more hopeless.

So, bought a Desktop complete with a Monitor and an Envy x2 hybrid on 22.12.13, was delivered on 24.12.13.

On the morning of 26.12.13 while tweaking BIOS I realised that it was a model different than the one ordered.

Namely Compaq 100-125ea (£280) instead of HP 500-137ea (£449)

Fired an email to HP right after breakfast, got a reply 40 hours later asking "are you sure?"...

Fast forwarding 4 emails and 5 calls, I received (on 28.12.13) a confession from HP stating they're sorry, someone will get in touch with details of what to do next.

When I didn't hear anything from HP, I rang them up this afternoon, spoken to a nice chap who promised to call me in 1 hour with all my questions answered. My phone rang in 45 minutes and here's what I was offered:

A collection will take place on 6.1.14 between 8-5 (I requested for late evening but was turned down)

I will be sent out a replacement of the original model once they've received back the wrong one (I requested for a replacement to be sent out before the collection of wrong model as it was not due to my fault- turned down)

In response to "So I'll have to wait 2 more weeks before I receive the replacement!?" "You can use the wrong model without any consequences"

(Like cherry on the top, HP charged me twice for the same order - no accidental double submissions, no duplicate orders - pushing me £770 over the limit on my credit card - card issuer says it's HP's fault, HP pass the bucket by saying "bank have got your money" - I'm going to raise a dispute)

Now my question, is it not my right to ask HP for a replacement before they receive the wrong model back?

(Yes, I offered them to return the product myself as soon as today but they won't take it)

Easy. Tell the retailer to take it back. It is the wrong item and isnt wanted.

Regarding the replacement, sadly it is up to them. UNLESS there is a HP store around where you could return it to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D