Adjourned with liberty to restore, hpi agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please, could anybody help with some advice.

If an agreement was defaulted s87 1, then Terminated, then proceeded to court, and at court an order was made to adjourn with a liberty to restore, would...................

1) the agreement be restored.

2) The Termination revoked

3) The Default removed

The way I see it, if the agreement was not put back prior to the creditors actions, then surely the account would still be terminated, am I right or wrong.

Thanks.

Happy New Year !!

Liberty to restore means the claim...not the agreement .....that's terminated and can never be resurrected.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The status of the account should be returned to the condition it was in prior to the notice if the section 87 was either remedied or was defective. This does not mean that the account will be reactivated however, it does mean that they should not be a able to claim early repayment of any sums due under the contract, only the arrears (if not already paid in order to remedy).

The recording of the default on your credit file is a different matter and as long as it accurately reflects s the payment record of your account will remain.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Thanks.

This has already been to court, the dj did state the default defective as the claimants name and address were missing.

As this was mentioned , would I be able to remove from cra.

A default Notice and the Default reporting on credit files are two totally different actions.

The Default Notice is a statutory requirement. A valid default notice needs to be issued prior to any further actions.. eg, terminating the account, issuing a claim.

The Default reporting to the CRAs should accurately reflect the status of the account - so if you were behind or missed payments, then this will be recorded.

So if this is correct, then I do not think you will be able to have the default markers removed.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

A default Notice and the Default reporting on credit files are two totally different actions.

The Default Notice is a statutory requirement. A valid default notice needs to be issued prior to any further actions.. eg, terminating the account, issuing a claim.

The Default reporting to the CRAs should accurately reflect the status of the account - so if you were behind or missed payments, then this will be recorded.

So if this is correct, then I do not think you will be able to have the default markers removed.

CB is right I am afraid.

Unless you can show that the marker should not have been recorded in the first place.

I am not sure what" liberty to restore" means ?

Is it a court protocol which will allow them to re-issue the claim once they resolve the DN issue ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

CB is right I am afraid.

Unless you can show that the marker should not have been recorded in the first place.

I am not sure what" liberty to restore" means ?

Is it a court protocol which will allow them to re-issue the claim once they resolve the DN issue ?

See post#2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

See post#2

Hmm does not sound to good then, I take that the case has not been discontinued so they can just issue a compliant DN and re enforce on the same claim ?

No it has nothing to do with the actual claim...that is frozen on the day they issued it...it simply means that they can and have permission to restore the claim

No it has nothing to do with the actual claim...that is frozen on the day they issued it...it simply means that they can and have permission to restore the claim

Sorry this is not my area, does this mean that they can submit a compliant DN as new evidence in the existing claim

Sorry this is not my area, does this mean that they can submit a compliant DN as new evidence in the existing claim

What is means is that the *claim* can be brought back to court for a hearing at any time if either party applies for it but at the moment it is on ice with no decision made. I imagine the judge did this so that a compliant DN could be served and the matter brought back to court quickly and cheaply.

What is means is that the *claim* can be brought back to court for a hearing at any time if either party applies for it but at the moment it is on ice with no decision made. I imagine the judge did this so that a compliant DN could be served and the matter brought back to court quickly and cheaply.

Thanks, so presumably the OP would get another chance to remedy first

Thanks, so presumably the OP would get another chance to remedy first

Not if the account is terminated...which it is... because the claim has been issued....trial adjourned with liberty to restore. Cant go back and alter the evidence.

Not if the account is terminated...which it is... because the claim has been issued....trial adjourned with liberty to restore. Cant go back and alter the evidence.

That is good :)