PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owed banks & credit cards money.

I have not been in touch with any of them for more than 6 years, having vanished from there radar.

I do not believe they can come after me because all the debts are to old.

But I do still have all the paperwork & account numbers,

If I were to try & claim the PPI back would they have to give it to me or would they just put it towards the money I owe them.

& having my new address come after me for the balance.

It sounds like they may well all be Statute Barred. Do any of them appear on your credit file?

If you reclaim the PPI then they can use the money to set against the amount you owe them providing they still own the accounts and have not sold them on.

Any excess after doing so would come to you.

It might be worth doing some calculations as to whether it is worth it since if you are not going to see any money in your hand it won't be worth it.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I did a PPI reclaim against an overdue/not paid/arrears/defaulted Tesco loan. We came to an agreement on the PPI reclaim and it was about £2000. I received a letter to sign stating that because the account was in arrears the payment would be used to lower the debt, at the time I did not mind the funds being used this way.

I received a cheque in the post the next day.

Good old Banks, you gotta love their incompetence.

This probably doesn't help your decision making very much, but it always makes me feel good telling this story.

AS

Idem/ACM and RBS Lombard Full refund of fees.

Blackhorse Car Loan Full refund of fees without argument.

Argos store card (Home Retail Group) are fighting back. see my posts.

I did a PPI reclaim against an overdue/not paid/arrears/defaulted Tesco loan. We came to an agreement on the PPI reclaim and it was about £2000. I received a letter to sign stating that because the account was in arrears the payment would be used to lower the debt, at the time I did not mind the funds being used this way.

I received a cheque in the post the next day.

Good old Banks, you gotta love their incompetence.

This probably doesn't help your decision making very much, but it always makes me feel good telling this story.

AS

Yes good point.

Sometimes the PPI department don't spot that there is a liability and mess up.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Thread moved to the PPI forum.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi site team could you please show exactly where you have moved my post to. many thanks

You have just posted on it so just carry on here.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

If they spot that you have liability with them then they will set off.

Sometimes they do not spot it and could send you a payment "by mistake".

It is your call really.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

If it is SB then nothing can un-bar it.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

If the debt was sold to a DCA then there is no right of set-off and any PPI refund must come to you.

Yes you are correct, if the Debt is SB then they cannot enforce in court as SB is an absolute defence.

They may chase you with letters etc. but then you would just tell whoever that the debt is SB and you will not be making any payments. Continued chasing after you do that will be grounds for lodging formal complaints with the relevant authorities.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions