PCN 3 years ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I received a PCN nearly 3 years ago, which I appealed at the time. I advised them of the address I was moving to and awaited a response but never heard anything, good or bad.

Since then I have sold my car and moved again and haven’t received any forwarded notices etc in the mail. I don’t whether any documents have been sent anywhere, to anyone, about this ….

It’s been on my mind recently and since reading other threads about people’s plights, I don’t know whether I should chase this up with the council, even after all this time? If I find out my appeal was successful – great.

But if it wasn't successful ... I'm not sure what to do.

Please can you help? Many thanks.

Was this a Council issued PCN or a PCN issued by a Private car park or ran on behalf of a shopping complex etc.?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Most sensible Councils write them off if the trail goes cold as the warrant only lasts a year if it got to that stage. but some get passed on to debt collection agencies who tend to forget such technicalities and if they track you down may give you grief. You can do a subject access request to the Council and find out if you owe them money.

Thank you for your help.

I have called the Council and they advised writing a letter explaining how this came to be, and to enclose a cheque for the original discounted fine. I've done that, and happily so. I just hope it resolves the issue now and I don't need to worry about it going any further.

Stop that cheque! You're just throwing money away.

IF you owe them money, it will be with bailiffs by now, and a part payment won't resolve anything.

If you don't, you're donating your hard-earned cash for no reason at all.

Do you actually know if there is a live case against you? And if there is, do you know what stage it is at?

The council cannot reactivate a PCN that has not gone through the procedures of rejecting your appeal and informing you of this.They have, I believe 6 months to do the necessaries and then it becomes challengable if they attempt to enforce because no-one is expected to remember the details. Contacting the council has done you no favours because if they had enforced the payment you will have to go to court and get it stayed and if they havent they are too late so as the post above, it is just money you shouldnt have wasted.

The council have not made any such agreement. Someone on the phone suggested an explanatory letter and cheque. They did not make a formal or binding agreement to accept £30 as full and final, and nothing was put in writing. There is no reason why they would accept the discount payment at this stage, even if they wanted to settle the debt directly with the debtor. In fact, so bad is the suggestion that I doubt the person who answered the phone even works in the parking department.