• Tweets

• Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
    • Well naturally if you want to maintain your outrage, and retain something to bitch about, then arguing about the level of your fixed monthly DD is the way to go. You are of course perfectly free to ignore the easy solution.
    • His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GE money repo hearing 14th jan - help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been racking my brains to find a solution to my particular problem with GE money, thanks to this forum I have inspiration as to the course of action I can take.

Ge money are trying it on with me now, but with the contributions from this forum I have found a way to chain the rottweiler.

Thanks people.

Some of the comments are so familiar that I feel as if it were me being spoken about.

So, Briefly.

Ge have been on the phone over many months with me; hiking up repayments & changing the game on an almost daily basis. Now they are taking me to court with a notice to seek possession.

Well, That's what they think.

Case date 14th Jan 14.

I have considered carefully what response to present & after due consideration here's what I am going to attempt.

1st, they have levied charges on my account for late payments. These will be contested vehemently!

2nd they are relentless in their pursuit of so called arrears.

3rd, they think I will roll over for them to crap on me.

Oh boy are they wrong!

Thanks to the info found here I now have not only the confidence to tell them to go f**k themselves & the desire to make them answer to the stupidity, harassment, stress, pressure & worry they are putting me through!

I am going to make them wish they never tried this on with me.

Any success in my corner will be another victory for all those who are manhandled by this American run company who's only interest is cash & how to accumulate more of it.

Iv'e no need to go into my personal story because it's much like those here that are talking about late payment fee's etc.

Suffice to say that in addition to that they(GE) have ramped up repayments on me to a limit that I can no longer go beyond.

In doing so and after accepting a genuine offer to cover cost of mortgage & additional amount for the arrears, they then proceeded to issue a notice of intent to seek on me not one week after accepting my repayment offer of +£60 a month on top of my actual repayment figure.

I even have been told that they want to know what I intend to do to defend my case.

Yer right, like I'm the idiot going to give the rottweiler a bone!

I am composing my response, taken legal council through the legal aid route.

Attaching supplementary evidence and statement of income etc along with a stern request of SAR if I get it back in time and going for the levied charges excess route that has contributed to untold stress, and racked up interest charges which hopefully will persuade the Judge that their action is ludicrous to say the least as they are the one causing my debt to stay constant..

By the way, Debt hovers around £ 1000.00 & is maintained there by late fee's and my monthly repayments.

Hope I can make the Judge chuck this out & this ends in my favour.

In the meantime, anyone with comments that are constructive is welcome to air them.

If, & I say IF there could be a joint complaint put together that would bring GE Money crumbling to their knees with deepest apologies for all. Then count me in. I'm up for signing that petition any day.

In fact, what would be even better is a joint class action law suit against this atrocious animal!

Their rottweiler would need dentures after that eh?

Further to my post RE; GE Money

I have today sent my response to Eversheds & GE money by Recorded/ Registered next day.

Hopefully when they get this & my SAR request they will act sensibly & come to a halt on their actions.

Let's wait and see shall we?

BIG slap in the face coming GE. BIG one...!

After they receive this and after they respond I may seek to publish here their reply.

But not just yet for obvious reasons.

Edited by PesteredbyGEmoney
Spelling error

Further to my last post.

Sent Eversheds recorded next day letter which is confirmed as being received by Ruth Clarke. So Eversheds have my letter.

Recorded the phone call so as not to have any confusion regarding the receipt. Uses Windows 7 audio recorder for this task, the recording was clear enough so as not to shed any doubt as to the conversation.

In the meantime I received a letter from GE money yesterday 08/12/13 which informs me that they have adjusted my regular repayment amount to now include the charges allegedly owed to them. An increase of £4.99 to cover the additional admin fee's which they claim is £851.51 for the rest of the loan term. But does not include any repayment of any outstanding debt of the account which will still have to be paid in addition to this new figure.

Very magnanimous of them.

However, Eversheds has now been informed that I am disputing the account and with the help of others text in their posts I have a strongly worded reply to this ridiculous action which includes the notice that I intend to dispute the claim of admin charges & any court action should cease until this matter is resolved.

I have made my position crystal clear & have made a firm offer of repayment of alleged outstanding debt which is the one they accepted prior to notice of court proceedings and the default notice received.

I am pressing ahead with my rebuttal for the court and compiling a suitable response which will include; dispute around repayment amount, dispute over jacking up repayment amounts, harassment calls to obtain these amounts,a statement of income and expenditure/ living expenses and income, a few well chosen posts from internet which illustrates the tactics employed by GE Money, one or two comes from this site, I hope that no one here would object to this. Please say if you do I will then seek permission to use from any parties involved.

Has anyone any further advice please?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having troubble with GE money & their insistant I am to defend myself in court action to reposses my home.

My account has suffered from lack of ontime payments but I believe I am up to date with arrears,

however, they are taking me to court for repossesn over what I believe to be just charges.

My court date is January 14..

I desperately need help to fight this action.

I have tried the legal advice line but they tell me that help is only going to be very basic & that I am not eligable or they cannot do more.

I have replied to GE money through Eversheds their appointed solicitors.

I also have requested SAR information and told GE that I am disputing the charges.

I have also included a reasonable offer within my means to pay the rediculous fee's.

In the past they have hounded bullied and made harrassing phone calls about my account.

Sometimes 3 or more a day.

I am logging the calls even started to record them.

I know that I am not alone with this kind of issue & that when making a plea for help I may sound a little desperate,

I am a little desperate to be honest as I fear that unless I am a immigrant or a wealthy individual that can pay to defend my case; the system offers little or no help.

I will attend court no matter what GE money say.

This is my home & I will defend it to the end.

What I need right now is a person that can do more to help me fight this.

I am currently paying regular payment plus an additional £60. toward the so called arrears

Ge & I agreed on the phone that this would stop any further action (have a letter with the agreed ammount )

but four days after the call Eversheds letter arrived.

I would appreciate it if someone can jump on my case and offer real help & advice quickly.

I'm having sleepless nights and constantly fretting over this.

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is what I have done so far.

I have written a letter back to GE money via Eversheds. I also requested my details via a Sar request.

Sent those recorded on the 18 December & confirmed their receipt on the 19th.

On the subject of letter to GE I will try to include this letter here.

Eversheds have sent a reply back on the 28th dec. This looks to be GE money's statement to court requesting full repo.

If I can I will post what I can that may be helpfull to others to understand my issues.

As this is a stress and a constant worry,plus feeling alone and helpless. The feeling that the legal aid system sucks, & that I am incapable of legal terminology. I am getting to the point that for the sake of a horse my kingdom will be lost type parody applies...

The metaphoric horse being legal representation in court.

The new Eversheds letter infers that a full reposession is being sought.

Ge money are stealing my home if this is granted.

I am trying to compile a case against them that I can use in my court hearing.

This if possible will state that court action is sought by them not for arrears but for charges.

Even though I have been unemployed for a number of months, and suffered rolling sanctions by the DWP, I have always paid GE money, Always!

Even to the extent of letting other debts mount, such as council tax, water and essentials including gas, electric.

I have struggled but maintained payments with the mortgage top of my payment list leaving me open to starvation and destitution along the way.

Nevertheless. GE money payments sometimes fell behind. By that I mean I missed the payment due date through circumstances I had no control over.

I must stress, I pay the morgage NO matter what & have maintained that philosopy from day one back at the start of my mortgage.

During the perid that has caused problems, that being on JSA. and whilst claiming having to deal with the barage of get off the dole you scrounger routine from the J.C plus team. I was looking after my lady friend who has medical issues.

In June this year the sh**t hit the fan and sanctions started, as I was origionally on the mortgage suppliment scheme pre change of law date DWP were making payments to GE on my behalf.

Out of the JSA I received (£74.00) I paid only GE money to prevent further complications arising. With DWP paying some £120.0 as well.

In July of this year, further JCP sanctions resulted in my claim being hit by suspension and DWP payments to GE stopped reduced incrementally as My claim was re-instated as a new claim & in doing so was pushed onto the post law change method of assistance, making me have to use up all my JSa to keep payments going.

I tried to explain my situation to GE money. But I think they saw this as their opportunity to pounce.

About this time I took in lodgers x 3, which I asked GE if this was allowed. Reply was," as long as you are living there yes it was. But you cannot not be present during this as it would be in breach of your terms and conditions of the mortgage".

Fully compliant with this and now have my home occupied by a family of three.

Currently paying me enough to pay all my debts.

I have endeavoured to secure work & have signed with 5 agencies for same. Receiving odd days sporadically but money gained is a help.

Have had teething issues with lodgers pay as they are on benefits and claim themselves for housing and ESA.

without this I would not stand a chance to fight GE money.

I am more than reluctant to go back to JSA route as they are not likely to be of any further assistance. I hate the local team, they have been below substandard in their approach & a bone of contention with me. We don't see eye to eye.

November things fall into place with council etc. Lodgers money is finally getting up to date. December..Things are in place to be assured of all due payouts from the council.

Still paying GE inspite of problems that now look partially solved.

Work is a priority for me & I am chasing it like a rabid dog.

My efforts to pay Ge are continious and I make £300.00 a month happen regardless of my financial difficulties.

My actual monthly is £235. and a few pennies.

In the effort to reduce "fee's " Ge have levied a £4.99 extra payment on my montly expense. The letter states its to cover outstanding fee debt and does not include any other debt repayment charges such as outstanding arrears owed! Yet it is unclear as to just what is owed and what if any outstanding or late mortgage payments are noted. Just Fee's according to Mike Butler at GE in his view.

Ge have made my life very difficult. Adding to the already impossible situation of being unemployed bar agency work, I know not how long I can keep this up.

Advice please.

Dear Sir

Re: Account number: 13

I am disputing the matter that there is and has not been any arrangement in place between us.

I am in receipt of a letter dated September 17th 2013

Which states that an arrangement amount of £290.00 has been agreed upon.

First payment due on 4th October 2013 and as long as this arrangement is upheld then no further action will follow.

Since this agreement I have maintained and upheld my side with payments that meet, match and exceed your requirements to reduce the debt. My account payments reflect this, yet I am in receipt of a letter dated 23rd October 2013 telling me I have 15 business days to rectify the matter. A further payment was processed between myself and the very account manager who agreed to accept this arrangement & who’s letter I am in possession of.

Whilst feeling pressured to comply & under no illusion that failure to meet your ever increasing persistent demands a payment on the 31-10-13 of £300.00 not £290.00 as demanded was paid, and again on the 20-11-13 of £300.00 not the £290.00 demanded, along with December 2013 payment of £290.00 which will be £300.00 again I believe I am more than capitulating to your outrageous demands.

Under the circumstances I confidently believe that a judge would agree that I am making more than reasonable payments while this payment regime is being excessively pressured upon me and rule in my favour for a more reralistic repayment schedule put in place..

Plus a further letter from Eversheds dated 21st November 2013 reference 8/ig/798/9209 stating court action is in progress. Which further exacerbates the vexation.

I am perplexed as to what you are trying to pull here? First you tell me that as long as I make the agreed payments you would not pursue court proceedings then within a matter of days of completing an agreement. I receive just such notification. I might add that your continuous relentless pressure on me to meet ever changing targets is to say the least; harassment. I cannot support nor condone any involvement in such activity & I will if necessary take appropriate action to see to it that you are reported once again for your insidious actions against your customers.

May I also point out that your persistent insistence that I pay more and more and more off any alleged arrears which as you say include late payment fee’s & a daily charge of interest added is deemed to be unlawful, selfish, irresponsible and un-caring not to mention causing financial hardship & a detriment to my self by way of insisting your company has the first priority to the cash pie I hold. This now being the second time those said fee’s and interest has been contested by me. Hopefully this time with a correct and proper response forthcoming instead of some fob off story which you stuck to the last time.

Therefore preventing me dealing with and apportioning a far share of my finances to ALL my creditors. When in an already severely strained economic environment, which is causing me severe hardship & possible court action from those creditors. Who insist they too are a priority and after which a never ending downward spiral of imposed debt is driving me towards a nervous breakdown.

As such this could also be interpreted as harassment!

I am prepared to continue to make payments on my debt with you & this would include a more reasonable inclusion of £235.26 which covers the repayment as deemed necessary plus £14.74 per month to cover the ALLEDGED outstanding debt (yet to be fully determined) for the remainder of the term of the loan, or until such arrears are properly calculated and a correct figure is produced whichever is the sooner.

Obviously this should be implemented by the next due payment date the 20th of December 2013 whilst and until a repayment to me of any late fees and interest deductions has been correctly assessed and after this matter has been fully investigated and resolved.

I would implement this immediately to show a good will gesture toward my creditor GE money! Will you also implement the necessary changes as a good will gesture by GE Money?

What I propose is a reasonable and more realistic payment plan.

I would also expect that under the circumstances you would deem this acceptable and confirm in writing that this is so along with ceasing any further action through the legal system to reclaim dubious alleged arrears. Should you choose to continue down the road of court action I will be forced to raise this issue in the court and will be requesting ALL costs to be deferred back to you as you clearly are not abiding by the rules?

A recent investigation into complaints surrounding G.E Money has revealed that I apparently am not the only person with whom you have chosen to indulge in this type of underhanded tactics. Indeed, that G.E Money is already well known to the F.S.A for their rouge trading practices are they not?

As such, therefore, I consider this account to be in dispute with and no further action of repossession shall be pursued whilst this is in dispute. I am seeking all data held regarding my account with a view to reclaiming all late fees and charges you have taken including any additional interest charged along with restitution for the distress you are causing me even if you do not continue to follow the court process this is now a pressing consideration on my part. One I am confident enough to engage in when necessary.

As such you may consider this a formal complaint and, any action to pursue court proceedings must cease while this is being resolved. Indeed, that this action shall cease forthwith.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

After taking Legal advice, I am of the opinion that should you intended to continue with court proceedings you would be in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40, Protection from harassment Act 1997 section 3 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

In addition to the complaint I am including this note for your records.

Several times I have made it known that I do not wish to receive telephone calls regarding my account. In spite of this I am constantly being bombarded by phone calls which occur on a daily /and sometimes twice or more weekly occurrence in an attempt to provoke a reaction from me that could be misconstrued & or used as justification for further action on your part. Such calls are never from the same individual or office nor are they a record of any changes your company tries to intimidate and bully me into accepting. From this I can only conclude that persistent pressure calls made by GE Money are harassment calls, something by which GE Money are well known for implementing. (Google is MY friend here).

As you are aware, harassment calls are both illegal and frowned upon by the F.S.A and will be deemed unethical and dealt with in a severe manner by them.

I am also writing in relation to a large number of telephone requests you have made for my new telephone number in order to update your records via the only number I do have that you have on file. This being the one you choose to harass me on!

As I have stated a number of times in my correspondence with you, I do not & no longer wish to discuss my financial affairs over an insecure telephone line with someone whom I do not know. I also wish to keep all contact between GE Money and myself in writing, I have made this request several times whilst talking with your collection department so that way both parties can be assured as to the accuracy of what was said, what was agreed and what was not. Yet I continue to receive phone calls regarding my account.

However, I require GE Money provide me with the following information, and once I have completed my checks, I may reconsider my position:

• A geographical telephone number of a named person.(This should be a senior account manager only)

• Their full name and home address.

• A certified copy of their Passport’s Name and Details page, including photograph.

• Their National Insurance Number.

• Their mother’s maiden name.

• Their financial history for the last 6 years , including all joint and completed loans.

• A signed consent form to carry out a credit check.

• The original or a certified copy of their Basic Disclosure of Criminal Records not more than twelve months old. A basic disclosure may be obtained on line at Disclosure Scotland's website. The current fee for a basic disclosure is £23.

Please ensure that you forward either the original documents, which will be returned to you, or certified copies for me to keep. A certified copy, referred to above, is a photocopy taken by the bank that holds GE Money’s client accounts or your auditors, which has been stamped with their official stamp, signed and endorsed by them as a ‘true copy of your original document’. I regret that I am unable to accept copies that have not been certified. Please also note that all costs involved are the responsibility of GE Money.

Once I have reviewed the documents and I am satisfied that the named person is financially sound and has no unspent criminal convictions, I will contact them directly and give them a password. If deemed necessary & from now on I will only discuss my financial affairs on the telephone with this person after I have asked some security questions.

I trust this is acceptable to you and I await the documentation.

Yours faithfully,

NB: copies of any & all relevant correspondence including any recorded conversations will be kept & accurately duplicated for legal purposes.

please refrain from posting details that identify you.

the w/end being xmas etc

is quiet with many of the usual helpers are not around

you need to bear with them.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

During the break I have taken time to read through the paperwork sent.

My gosh.

Lots of it.

Right, here goes. This is what I have found.

Two seperate account sheets with my payments and balances on that do not match. When I say don't match I literally mean they have conflicting payment figures & amounts on them.

No, I am not getting my hopes up here, but surely if they cannot even give an accurate statement of what is owed then how on earth are they to convince a Judge of my debt?

spelling

Hi

Could I ask did GE reply in response to your request for details about the person who you would be discussing your account with? I would like to take this angle but also extend it to the alleged visits to provide me financial advice and the appropriateness of this person to do this.

Many thanks

An update to my plight..

Today GE money phoned.

A woman told me she was the seniour complaints manager.

I recorded the call for clarity later.

During this call I was told that not supprisingly the claim, see letter previous above this post,

would not be upheld because they made every effort to contact me about my arrears and I was un helpful.

I expected as much return in my favour as asking for a miracle!

Turns out though this was an excercise in placating the court.

She would now be able to show that they had followed proceedure and looked into my complaint.

Other than this it was a pointless excercise as expected.

I asked at some point if GE are going to accept my offer of payment of the £250 a month.

I was told that it was not within her ability to discuss that and I should talk to the litigation department

who would discuss options with me but in her view would still proceed with court because they have filed the action now.

Fair enough!

So no point in paying the £800.ish to stop court action as it wouldn't anyway!

£800 by the way is marked on the account as arrears.

Later in the conversation she announced that there was some good news.

Well knock me down with a feather!

She proceeded to say that she felt that because my payments from DWP were not always on time and beyond my control,

and that due to this adding fees to my account of £40.00 a time GE money would as a gesture of good will,

remove £400.00 of those charges less and not to include the interest that was added also on those charges and to my account.

How nice of them.

First they make unlawful demands for fees,

then add interest,

then tell me I can have £400.00 back.

But that would only be fee refund and NOT come off my arrears.

WHAT?

She's havin a laff !!

Considering they claim I owe £832.00 ish & taking this amount off my account would reduce my aleged arrears by half.

Consider also that the interest they accrued for holding my money paid to them whilst they cream in £40.00 a time!

shows just what this is. A complete ***** [problem].

So, let me get this straight.

GE see my difficulty.

I make payments best as possible.

The want proof of income to set up a payment plan.

I negotiate a monthly payment to ensure I am paying what is needed.

They insist I pay £290.00 and that will stop action.

I agree to pay and have paid on time since September last year.

Not only pay their demanded amount but pay £300.00 ON TIME!!!

Then they send a letter informing me of court action to commence in the new year.

I continue to pay £300.00 ON TIME. Since then I am as I would say far out meeting their demands.

They claim no agreement is in place even though I have a letter to say there is; but happily dump my cash in their account.

Then on the 30th of Dec. Get a call telling me that they would quite happily accept £832.00 from me to stop my court action.

Only for this numpty to say that they (GE) would continue the repo and more likely see suspended possession.

Well, Here's my thought.

If this seniour dispute manager were to just stop for a moment maybe she would have seen what I did.

That is; she just admitted that they owe me fees but not interest.

That GE are willing as a good will gesture to refund £400.00 in fees.

When I was at school I did some rudementary maths.

400.00-

----------

----------

Did I get that right?

Then why doesn't common sense prevail?

If GE have just told me that they have charged me fees & they know that these are not chargeable

then offered me a partial refund of those said fees. ( my calculation so far is in the thousand +++ mark )

then would it not make sense to re look at my account,

calculate the fees overcharged and then miraculously deduct them from my alleged owed amount which they claim are arrears ONLY.

Basic accounting skills and practices as far as I know!

Hey, ding a light just went on. pmsl"

Instead, they are making me like others; show them up in court...

Something I have seen in many web pages ...

What I could use help with now is compiling a response to the court which includes informing the court of the action on my account.

A pro Bono lawyer is desperately needed, can anyone point me to one please?

Showing the fees are just fees.

Showing that GE are using the fees to elaborate & justify my account as being in arrears.

Getting the judge to dismiss the case completely and make GE cover all the costs including court & legal fees& remove those from my account.

Inform the court that I am paying still the £300.

Can continue to do so.

That GE are being unreasonable and breaching customer relation protocols.

That GE are profiteering from my demise.

Having my additional fees removed along with interest charged would show the true ballance of my account.

Have my account audited. idealy by an indipendant at GE's expense! That would establish the true ballance and additions that would be subject to reclamation.

Bring about a class action lawsuit with others who have suffered at the hands of GE Money Home Lending.

Remove a confidentiality clause from the outcome of my case to allow others to follow suit.

Be compensated, by GE( not the real goal) would be nice!

Then advice on how to rid the country of these people!

Any ideas people?

Edited by dx100uk
addition missed

Hi

Could I ask did GE reply in response to your request for details about the person who you would be discussing your account with? I would like to take this angle but also extend it to the alleged visits to provide me financial advice and the appropriateness of this person to do this.

Many thanks

The response was vague and slightly dismissive. She never dwelled uipon the topic. Sorry!

However, in a more trimmed version of questions to ask you are possibly within your rights to insist they complete checks afterall, you don't know the caller and its your DATA you are protecting isn't it and that my friend is your right to none disclosal....

An update to my plight..

Today GE money phoned.

A woman told me she was the seniour complaints manager.

I recorded the call for clarity later.

During this call I was told that not supprisingly the claim, see letter previous above this post,

would not be upheld because they made every effort to contact me about my arrears and I was un helpful.

I expected as much return in my favour as asking for a miracle!

Turns out though this was an excercise in placating the court.

She would now be able to show that they had followed proceedure and looked into my complaint.

Other than this it was a pointless excercise as expected.

I asked at some point if GE are going to accept my offer of payment of the £250 a month.

I was told that it was not within her ability to discuss that and I should talk to the litigation department

who would discuss options with me but in her view would still proceed with court because they have filed the action now.

Fair enough!

So no point in paying the £800.ish to stop court action as it wouldn't anyway!

£800 by the way is marked on the account as arrears.

Later in the conversation she announced that there was some good news.

Well knock me down with a feather!

She proceeded to say that she felt that because my payments from DWP were not always on time and beyond my control,

and that due to this adding fees to my account of £40.00 a time GE money would as a gesture of good will,

remove £400.00 of those charges less and not to include the interest that was added also on those charges and to my account.

How nice of them.

£400.00od refund..

I refused this.

If I had accepted then this is a possible outcome.

The could say that they have offered a solution by making a refund of the charges.( thus making me agree that I owed them the money in the first place)

Then also,use this as a means to continue to levvy those charges unlawfully because I agreed that they have a right to do so,

My advice & I'm not qualified. Is to always refuse a repayment initially, because doing so only works in their favour.

No matter how tempted you are to accept because it would presumably help reduce your debt, in the long term it can be held against you.

I might add. they have just admitted to you that they are collecting these fees & charges & they know it is wrong to do so. So if you have a letter stating they are willing to refund or better still offer you money off your acount, then politely refuse using the statement "at this time under the circumstances I find myself in, I will refuse your offer & look to other means to settle my dispute".

They have to abide by your wishes.

Then come back here to see what others are doing about similar matters.

• 2 weeks later...

I was totally ignored appart from Is there an ability to pay!

Well, the court hearing was a farce.

I spent five weeks trying to prepare my response to show there was cause to further investigate and present vital information.

I received no legal aid because I was told there is none available.

I had no choice but to represent my own self.

The court Judge was dealing with GE cases before mine.

( None to fortunate characters before me) and when I looked at the Judge he seemed annoyed about that.

I had a transcript of a phone call between GE & myself that was vital to show that there is a doubt about the money claimed,

this phone call contained admissions that the claimed money owed was Admin costs fees, charges & interest.

In my view it cast doubt on what was claimed by GE and would if allowed be justification to at least suspend the hearing untill that was cleared up.

I did manage to speak with the court lawyer on the day.

She presented very basic & I mean very basic information when asked.

On entering I was confident that I would give a reasond argument about this but I knew that the one thing to show was affordability.

Sadly I was denied any and all chance to offer any discussion and argument at all.

After stating that he had read my transcript of a call, the only refrence I might add to anything from me!

The Judge asked if I can afford to pay & how much, then proceeded to declare a ruling

that I am to have a suspended possesion order under GE terms only.

There was no interest in my side of the story.

There was absolutely no desire to allow my explanation into the proceedings.

He was only interested in satisfying himself that he had made an order.

I would say I felt cheated out of my chance to put my argument but that would be wrong. I wasn't cheated, I was denied.

I need not have wasted any time going to court at all.

It was a foregone conclusion in the Judges eyes.

This in my oppinion was a complete miscarriage of justice.

A farce. As I was not allowed any consideration whatsoever!

Thank god we have a fair and just judicial system in this country hey?

One that railroads innocent and hard pressed individuals to conceed defeat to before allowing a chance to serve a fair judgement.

sad

ok well get a claim in for the penalty charges

and they

Sad is an understatement.

For me this is now driving my passion to see GE money held accountable for their actions, Time I think that others who have had and are going through similar with GE(edited Enterprises) to look at combining efforts to bring this company to book once and for all.

To this end I would like it if others would consider clubbing together to combine our forces and start taking acion. If this means a combined complaint (Class action lawsuit)to the relevant bodies and then drive a court case for a result then so be it.

Where do we start?

Well let's put the word about to bring togeter individuals past and present that have or are suffering from the actions of this company & look to find some lawfirm that will take this on.

To show interest just add to this thread your comment( I'm up for this ) Below.! along with a short bit of info if you know anyone that might help.

Edited by honeybee13
spelling errors.

GE mcol sent and received by them on the 14th January, but I have sent the wrong type of action.Done in a hurry and without assistance. I should ammend this and need help to do a paper version to the proper place.

This needs to be done to ensure I get all my complaint POC details correct and needs to happen soon. Unfortunately because I sent the MCOL version I was unable to include all the right information and some will not be considered when in court.

A very good lot of POC details is posted on here by george h I believe and I think I should use this as my basis for claim as it is more detailed.

additions

Your main objective was to retain your home, this you did............ can I suggest you make a formal written complaint ot GE in connection to the fact that the DWP make payments and they always pay in arrears, and that is beyond your control and are being penalized for this.... wehen they ignore it and refuse then go to the FOS...

GE know they are nto supposed to charge but do it anyway, the more people who take this issue to the FOS the more likely the chance of something being done...

If you kick a Tiger in the Ass youbetter have a plan to deal with its teeth :madgrin: