Debt Management

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have decided that now is the time to start getting my finances in order and take steps to clearing all my debts

Unfortunately I have that many letters some several yeara old that I could not even begin to decipher what debts I owe, or if some of them are even 'chaseable' anymore.

Would it be easier to access my credit file and see what is on that and go from there? And do different reference agencies hold different debt details?

I believe they do.

What I did was when I got a letter it should say who the client is so then send a prove it letter and if appropriate a cca request.

Do you still have the letters?

If possible try to organise them into some sort of order, I know its hard when they pass the debts round and hide behind different names.

Have you moved over the last few years,?

marrabob Hi as Annie states first Job is to look at your credit file,check more than one to be safe,

Those that do not appear on your credit file ignore for now,next step those that do appear check the dates carefully,then come back to us with details of who and what type of debt,and dates etc,do not forget to remove all personal ID

FS