Can the counciltake photographs of their tenants and their belongings without consent or knowledge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all hope everyone had great Xmas and 2014 brings everyone all they need, wish, hope or could want

I was hoping to some enlightenment with regards what is allowable and deemed acceptable for Councils to be able to do

Reason for question is I have been harassed, intimidated, threatened and bullied by 2 - 3 Council employees since moving into this Council house and the last letter and action taken by Council was last straw so I asked them to provide me with every single piece of information they held about me or I was mentioned or associated in such information via Subject Access Request route.

Credit where credit is due they provided me with a bit of the information requested but nowhere near all of the information they hold based on my own documentation and other evidence although they state what they sent me is all they hold.

Any way my question relates to after quickly glancing through the information they sent me I noticed quite a few photographs had been taken of me and certain possessions of mine without my knowledge or permission as they would have not been able to take some of the pics without going through the entryway and opening my back gate or taking pictures while standing in the entry taking pictures over my back gate.

Can they take such pictures without either asking you if it is ok or at least informing you that they have or are going to carry out the same.

Notwithstanding the above although it is quite bemusing a number of Council employees have either been asked to give their opinion on what they thought of me or gave it freely is there anything I can do about this as I do not know why or what relevance would need to get their opinions on me and keep them on my file

Many thanks

If you believe they have information which they have not provided to you, you should send a further letter asking them to either provide it or give you a reason why they have not. You could then escalate your complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Have they advised why they have taken these photographs of both you and your possessions ? It doesnt sound right to me, unless there has been an investigation of you for some reason. Again, I would want to know why this has been done ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you for taking the time to give me your insight into this matter

I am like you baffled and at a complete loss as to why they had these photographs in their possession.

As for investigating me well they always seem to be doing that for some reason or another hence why I have had enough of the constant harassment and eviction threats the Council come up with but never carry out probably based on them never occurring to begin with. I know they were really peed off when I got this property as I am sure it had been earmarked for someone either within Council or a relation of theirs any way to cut long story short they have been constantly intimidated me etc since the day and hour I moved in

As for why certain Council officials asked other Departmental Council Employees what they thought of me and for them to keep their opinion on file is strange as what they think of me etc is totally irrelevant wouldn't you say. Then of course I got the other employees who called me a name or two in some of the documentation which if nothing else made me laugh when I read it

I know for a fact that the information they have provided me with is only the tip of the iceberg so I will take your advice and start drafting my letters to Council and ICO.

Thank you so much for replying and hope 2014 brings you nothing but joy, good luck, fortune & health and may you want for nothing

ANNA

If we can help with your letters, just let us know. You certainly need answers to some of the rather disturbing questions that appear to be presenting themselves.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

I have to agree with CitizenB. Something very wrong with taking pictures in an area you would expect privacy. The only reason I could think of is if they were investigating you for some reason. If pictures are taken in public, that is a different matter (although uncomfortable)

As for comments by the staff. There should be no reason to do this unless (like above) there is another issue going on here.

I suggest a formal complaint to the council detailing your concerns.

Why are they photographing you?

Why are they photographing private areas of your home?

Why are they photographing your possessions?

Why are staff making comment?

You're not a spy are you :|:-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for your kind offer any kind of help would be brilliant especially at the minute - due to very serious RTA many years ago - apparently miracle I survived but as my nana always said U cant kill a bad thing lol - as I have not been very well

Spy moi never what gives you that idea lol

To b honest with u Silverfox 1961 I am always being investigated for one reason or another hence is one of the reasons why I believe they torture me continually - don't get me wrong I can be a right b***h at times and give as good as I get. Plus I tell it how it is which sometimes doesn't go down too well specially with certain Council employees. But regardless of this I do not understand why one of the Council Manager's asked for another Council Departmental Employee to give his opinion of me as not only is that irrelevant but also fact that would you expect me to be any less than angry and annoyed specially as week before same department came out on a surprise visit to check my garden etc as it was alleged it had dog poo all over it which it did not nor ever has had after their spot check visit they told me the same person - I know who it is that constantly reported me though touch wood they have not done so for some time now - had already reported me at least 6 times all of their allegations were incorrect, untrue and were done out of spite the Council employee even said they were writing to them to say that if they sent in another false allegation action would be taken against them as all they have done is waste Council time, money and resources for some vendetta they had against me. Would you b welcoming and happy to see them back at your door even though you already told them - and from documents supplied by Council the Council Employee who called told them they had already checked - that an inspection had already been done.

Another thing I have noted in the Council documents is that the Housing Department seem to coerce and hint for other employees or departments to make a comment that provides the housing team with reason to write and threaten me with something

From what I can gather by looking at the pictures they seem to have been taken from inside a car or when driving passed in a car or from shared entry way into my garden

The long and short of it is can I do anything to show them that Ive had enough and if they don't stop once and for all the sh1t will hit the fan

All I want is to be left alone as I keep myself to myself and don't bother with anyone apart from my kids and close family friends

I think you have answered some of your own questions (the vendetta?)

This does not detract from the councils actions so, I feel you have grounds for a complaint. I'm not surprised you feel a bit victimised.

Most councils have a 3 stage complaints system which goes higher each time you get rejected or you disagree with their decisions.

Once the councils complaints procedure is exhausted, you may go to the Housing Ombudsman (LGO)

I am surprised the council actually included this information as they are allowed to withhold information if it is likely to cause distress (or similar)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Personally I think they hadn't realised it had been included as most comments are totally blackened out which leads me to another question plus as much as I hate the Council the Council hate me - probably due to fact that I take no sh1t from them.

To be honest I am tired of making complaints about being victimised and constantly harassed as the Council just brush them aside and either pretend they never received them in the first place or counteract an allegation against me which then side tracks me away from my complaint and due to my disability I then forget about it until its too late

Also the last time I dealt with the LGO she was useless and did absolutely nothing except lose all the photographic evidence I had provided her with which I believe was on purpose as my complaint was very complex and they wanted easy way out of it so my dealings with the LGO are not good as I do not have any faith in them whatsoever

When someone is working for the Council and it involves you surely their comments and information they provide cant be deemed as being protected and removed from view as it involves Council matters and me does that not give me the right to see what was said or what information they provided that related to me

I see. Have you tried your MP?

I can't say I have had the same treatment from the LGO. They were very good in my case.

If the LGO assessor gets it wrong in your opinion, you can ask for it to go higher or register (yet another) complaint with them

I intend seeing this complaint through this time but when I write my letter to Council advising them of my intentions should I mention or give them chance to provide me with an explanation as to why they had taken those pictures of me, why Council employees opinions were being asked for, why certain Council employees were more or less asking other departments to mention in their reports things that the had seen or witnessed for example loads of dog poo which was not true so that Council could then use this against me and either issue me with a formal Notice or Eviction documentation or to get another chance to harass me with appointments to check property etc which they have done in the past without any reason or justification as it was found out was the case in most of these matters